Working hours in Oz

Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Working hours in Oz

Hi everyone, could you please tell me what is "normal" working hours in Australia. OH having a bit of a panic as the time is getting near to emigrate here he starts between 5 am and finishes about 6 pm, hoping it will be better there. Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:23 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Working hours in Oz

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone, could you please tell me what is "normal" working hours in Australia. OH having a bit of a panic as the time is getting near to emigrate here he starts between 5 am and finishes about 6 pm, hoping it will be better there. Thanks
My hours are 7-3 monday to thursday and 7-1 on a friday. Half hr for lunch which is paid. 38 hours total.
I generally start at 6:30 and finish the job im on if its at a point that it can be finished. In saying that iv been working alot of hours lately but thats just because we'v that much on. I think your hubby will be fine if thats the hours he is used to. Most trades finish at 1 on a friday so you get a nice long weekend

Oh yes and any time worked over the standard hours are at time and a half

Last edited by stu:0; Oct 30th 2007 at 10:27 am.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stu:0
My hours are 7-3 monday to thursday and 7-1 on a friday. Half hr for lunch which is paid. 38 hours total.
I generally start at 6:30 and finish the job im on if its at a point that it can be finished. In saying that iv been working alot of hours lately but thats just because we'v that much on. I think your hubby will be fine if thats the hours he is used to. Most trades finish at 1 on a friday so you get a nice long weekend

Oh yes and any time worked over the standard hours are at time and a half
Thanks Stu I will let him know
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu what do you call a lot of hours, because I will be asked
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:46 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by somme
Stu what do you call a lot of hours, because I will be asked
Well this week is going to be more like a 58 hour week but like i say we are short staffed at the mo so im doing it just to help the boss out. You dont have to do it
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well this week is going to be more like a 58 hour week but like i say we are short staffed at the mo so im doing it just to help the boss out. You dont have to do it
Are you still enjoying it, daughter now in Byrons but been offered a job back at cape trib. Watch this space, we fly out 8 December can't wait.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Hello mate

glad to hear it's all going well. I must've missed the update...what sort of work are you doing then, and how're you going with your permits/artc/licences etc???

Andy
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:38 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by andicee
Hello mate

glad to hear it's all going well. I must've missed the update...what sort of work are you doing then, and how're you going with your permits/artc/licences etc???

Andy
Yes all going good mate, im just doing domestic stuff. 95% new builds. Iv got to say its a lot harder work over here, much faster pace. But i think a lot of that is down to the lads that work for our company. Seems to be compertition to see who can pre wire and fit of the houses fastest. Starting to get bloomin warm up here in Cairns aswell. Spent today doing loads of odd jobs mainly air con isolators and putting one underground in. Iv started on $25 an hour which i didnt think was to bad. Im well into the licence process, doing it via correspondence. Fill in a log book and regs course along side. No drama's!
Hows things going for you? You enjoying the work over here?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Yes all going good mate, im just doing domestic stuff. 95% new builds. Iv got to say its a lot harder work over here, much faster pace. But i think a lot of that is down to the lads that work for our company. Seems to be compertition to see who can pre wire and fit of the houses fastest. Starting to get bloomin warm up here in Cairns aswell. Spent today doing loads of odd jobs mainly air con isolators and putting one underground in. Iv started on $25 an hour which i didnt think was to bad. Im well into the licence process, doing it via correspondence. Fill in a log book and regs course along side. No drama's!
Loving it mate. Been doing new builds and aircons since last December. Got me licence and three weeks away from finishing the contractors course. Started on $22 and now on $27. Just bought another house, almost 1/2 a million bucks worth (yes, I am mad) and the day after the boss say he has to let me go cos work has dried up!!! In reality, he knows I'm gonna want more dosh once I get my contractors course finished. Rang a firm the same afternoon and they offered me a job there and then for $30/hour, so he did me a favour really. All domestic, mainly for Pine Rivers Shire council and all local. It'll tide me over til I set myself up. As for the fast pace, are you sure? I've never met a more laid back attitude in my life! Must be something in the water up there

Andy
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andicee
Loving it mate. Been doing new builds and aircons since last December. Got me licence and three weeks away from finishing the contractors course. Started on $22 and now on $27. Just bought another house, almost 1/2 a million bucks worth (yes, I am mad) and the day after the boss say he has to let me go cos work has dried up!!! In reality, he knows I'm gonna want more dosh once I get my contractors course finished. Rang a firm the same afternoon and they offered me a job there and then for $30/hour, so he did me a favour really. All domestic, mainly for Pine Rivers Shire council and all local. It'll tide me over til I set myself up. As for the fast pace, are you sure? I've never met a more laid back attitude in my life! Must be something in the water up there

Andy
Hello buddy

Long time no hear, sounds like all is good there, dont want to buy a house for half a million here do you?

Good luck

Mick
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:19 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Hi Stu

How do you find working the the people in OZ ??

any animosity from anyone ??

Hows the college mate ??

Was it difficult to get work when you arrived ??

Martin