will have certificate 2010

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:02 am
Just Joined

dinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the rough
Default will have certificate 2010

hi all,
many question's to ask.

firstly i have been reading that 7 years minimum exp is required, plus certificate, is this exp allowed if gained before qualification or after? my situation is prior to my course i was self employed working for spark's as on the job training but no college, now i'm at college and will be nvq level 3-17th edition trained by 2010 and will prob do am2 if its recognised in oz, so total time including training in the industry will be about 6 years, will i now have to wait another year? i've also heard that level 2 is enough to start application is this true? but would only have 5 years total exp. also how do i prove exp if i was self employed? would a letter from firm i worked for be enough?
hope ypu can shed some light for me and thanks to all in advance, paul
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: will have certificate 2010

i just qualified november after serving 4 year apprenticeship and i am led to believe that i need to have been working 12 months out of the last 24 as a spark before i can apply for a visa.
i found this out at an australia expo in leeds a couple of months ago, spoke to some people there from the immigration department.

but in your case i'm pretty sure they are strict on the 7 years part. however from the sounds of it by then you will have been working for 12 months as a qualified spark and should be able to apply.

it might be worth ringing or emailing an agent and asking them for advice. i emailed one i found online the lady was really helpful

i was also told that me and my partner could go over on a working holiday visa and lodge an application as soon as we got there, and it should be processed by the time whv is up.

you just have to leave the country before they give you the permanent visa.

if i'm wrong on any of this there are loads of people on here to put me right haha

good luck
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

dinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jonnyd
i just qualified november after serving 4 year apprenticeship and i am led to believe that i need to have been working 12 months out of the last 24 as a spark before i can apply for a visa.
i found this out at an australia expo in leeds a couple of months ago, spoke to some people there from the immigration department.

but in your case i'm pretty sure they are strict on the 7 years part. however from the sounds of it by then you will have been working for 12 months as a qualified spark and should be able to apply.

it might be worth ringing or emailing an agent and asking them for advice. i emailed one i found online the lady was really helpful

i was also told that me and my partner could go over on a working holiday visa and lodge an application as soon as we got there, and it should be processed by the time whv is up.

you just have to leave the country before they give you the permanent visa.

if i'm wrong on any of this there are loads of people on here to put me right haha

good luck
cheers jonnyd, was gonna do an expo this year too, so should get info at that. once i know which route to take it will help, did the whv in 92 with my wife so that ones out for us, but good luck to mate cya in oz!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

As regards to your self employed work just complete a Statutory Declaration and get it signed by a solicitor for a £5. Just tell them the dates and the name of your company (sole trader). Thats what i done and i passed.