Where to Start?

Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to Start?

I am a spark and looking at moving to Perth WA. I just need a push in the right direction where to start. I may have a sponsorship to go working for a company in the mines in WA on a 457 visa but i have a young family and the last thing i want is having to come back if anything goes wrong with my sponsorship. I would prefer to gain a permenant resident visa which i assume i would need to take the Vatesses route?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Ian.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 2:08 am
Just Joined

cbaxrule is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to Start?

Originally Posted by shaw86
I am a spark and looking at moving to Perth WA. I just need a push in the right direction where to start. I may have a sponsorship to go working for a company in the mines in WA on a 457 visa but i have a young family and the last thing i want is having to come back if anything goes wrong with my sponsorship. I would prefer to gain a permenant resident visa which i assume i would need to take the Vatesses route?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Ian.
Hey
How did you get the sponsorship if you don't mind me asking, am here in Sydney on WHV I have all my licences WA A Grade NSW supervisors etc but can't get sponsorship.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

I was over in WA staying with family on holiday (And Getting Married) and i met someone who was in recruitment for a mining company. Its not deffinate yet as they are yet to get back to me. All else fails i will be applying to sit the Vatessess assessment. Just have to wait and see i suppose.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:59 am
Just Joined

cbaxrule is an unknown quantity at this point

Deffo get your pr first mate, 100% but get ur licence threw ARTC you will be flying then.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

That was my thoughts exactly. We have 2 yourng children 4 & 8 and the last thing i want is 12 months down the line i lose sponsorship and end up having to come back!!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Is the ARTC a different way of doing things to the Vatessess? If so i thought the Vatessess was the only way to go now due to the changes.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

ARTC is for Australian residents with qualifications from overseas (not for migration purposes), VETASSESS is for migration purposes (to obtain a visa).
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Deyan. I thought this was the case but as things are changing all the time when you go looking therough the site you sometimes uncover old information.
Thanks Again,
Ian
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Hi Shaw 86

We are in the same position. My husband is the Spark!! we have two daughters 5 and 16 months and are going to apply for subclass 190 to Perth. We have been out for reccie and my sister lives NOR.

From what I have gathered so far he is going to do the IELTS tests then get qualifications verified before we can put in an EOI. Then once we have done that we can ask for State Sponsorship.

I know what you mean about all the information, it blows my mind sometimes lol
Old Feb 7th 2013, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Just a bit of an update with my situation and would appreciate some advice. I have currently been made redundant due to the company i worked for going into administration. I have got myself a new job thankfully but as a Electrical Design and Proposals Engineer. Would this effect any chances i have in Applying for my Vatessess and Visa as an Electrician which i am qualified to do so but not employed as one.
All Advice Welcome
Cheers,
Ian
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Nope, won't be a problem. As long as you satisfy the criteria they're asking for you'll be fine (I think when I applied I had to have worked 12 out of the last 24 months in my trade, and maybe 3/4 years out of the previous 5)
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Lou. Do you know if the requirements e.g 12 months out of the last 24 have changed recently? Just a bit concerened that if it takes me a few months to get on the Vatessess assessment i will end up going past the 12 month mark not being employed as a spark. Does it not count if i am still working in the industry?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

I'm not sure what the latest requirements are, it's probably the same. Have a read through your visa requirements on here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

If you've only just been finished up then you've got plenty of time. Good luck