This is what i have

Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default This is what i have

Hello All,

First post, these are the qualifications i have, do you think you could make an educated guess as to which licence i might be awarded,

level 1 Electrical and Electronic craft studies
level 2 Electrical and Electronic craft studies
level 3 Electrical and Electronic craft studies
NVQ 4 Electrical Engineering
16th Edition wiring

All these are City and Guilds awards.

There are some really good threads, keep up the good work,

I live in Brisbane as a perm resident, i did 22 years in the Navy and have no commercial background.

Right i think that will do

Regards

Kevin
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:09 pm
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is what i have

I think it's more about the 'evidence' of your work that gets you the classification, rather than the certificates - so make sure you put in lots about connecting to the mains, and disconnecting from them - that way you should get Electrical Mechanic
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
Hello All,

First post, these are the qualifications i have, do you think you could make an educated guess as to which licence i might be awarded,

level 1 Electrical and Electronic craft studies
level 2 Electrical and Electronic craft studies
level 3 Electrical and Electronic craft studies
NVQ 4 Electrical Engineering
16th Edition wiring

All these are City and Guilds awards.

There are some really good threads, keep up the good work,

I live in Brisbane as a perm resident, i did 22 years in the Navy and have no commercial background.

Right i think that will do

Regards

Kevin
Hi Kev,
What branch were you? Also, have you done any wiring in civilian life?

Neil
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello,

I was a CWEM(O) when i finished, and yes i did wiring afterwards, but not for a living.

i did a full extention with a new fuse board and re-routed the old box wiring where posibile to the new box, and lots of socket/lights, some showers and the occasional oven jobs but only weekend work for friends and family.

i'm not holding out too much hope, i have read the threads and some of the people have nightmares and they did it for a living. i don't want to spend the money if it's not going to happen for me
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:30 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
Hello,

I was a CWEM(O) when i finished, and yes i did wiring afterwards, but not for a living.

i did a full extention with a new fuse board and re-routed the old box wiring where posibile to the new box, and lots of socket/lights, some showers and the occasional oven jobs but only weekend work for friends and family.

i'm not holding out too much hope, i have read the threads and some of the people have nightmares and they did it for a living. i don't want to spend the money if it's not going to happen for me
try talking to chris at qet he`s a mine of info

http://www.qet.edu.au/
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the pointer, i went to see Chris personnally, he gave me some pointers and a further avenues to go down,

regards

Kevin