Vetassess - Waste of time!!

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road
Default Vetassess - Waste of time!!

if anyones on there way 2 or coming over to oz with your vetassess certificate if i was u i'd apply to the TRA and get an ARTC aswell, u may think its more money but trust me its guna b worth it, i came out to Brisbane last november, ive take an qld wiring rules course which took 6 months and around $1500, ive passed it but they cant give me the qualification i need to apply for my licence because the certificate u get from vetassess isnt a recognised qualification here in australia where as an ARTC is, so all the guys on my course who have 1 of them r fine where as 4 me im left waiting 4 my course tutor 2 work out a path 4 me which by the sounds of things is goin 2 cost more money, not sure what it will b like in the other states but this is my situation, i think i must b one of the 1st here in brisbane with this bloody OTSR and its worthless apart from u get your 175 visa through it!
They may aswell go bak to the old system where u just need an ARTC to get in.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all
Default Re: Vetassess - Waste of time!!

Jonny,

Get your ARTC mate, yes its more hassle and more money but then you'll be able to get your A Class.
Ring the licencing body in Queensland and ask them what you need I seem to think you need some sort of log book up there but you may just be able to get your ARTC and be away.
We've done the same process with Vetassess, but we got here May no one would give hubby work on the Provisional Licence and after lots of phone calls and I mean lots, we decided ARTC and Adelaide PEER for wiring regs, get SA licence and transfer to VIC licence was quickest route.
Our ARTC came through in 3 weeks and Dave's just got his course material through this morning. Then a 2 day trip to Adelaide to sit the exam and hey presto.
Tutors in VIC didn't have a clue how to turn an OSTR into an A Class and would have taken too long anyway.
Best of Luck

Becky
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Unfortunatly its a necesity to get your visa.
When you get out there there are other ways as with everything in life.
Just look at it as a means to an end.

Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

im not payin $1000 or whatever it is 4 the peer course work and whatever the price is for an ARTC, ive just bought a house, got bills to pay plus the car has just died so we've 2 get another this week, more costs! this thread was to give the guys bak home a heads up, yes ive completed the logbook too, so im guna bat it out
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

I agree vetassess is a waste of time. from the uk looks like I've a nightmare to get thru before getting a licence when i finally get to oz. you say you've done the log book, what did that require and how easy was it to fill in??
paul
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

u get the logbook when u start college, its a 1000 hr (6 months) if you've got an ARTC, u just write down what you've done at work and put the time down and get the licenced spark to sign it, BUT.......... the vetassess applicants have to do a 2000 hr (1 year) logbook, dont ask me why so thats the situation i find myself in, my tutor has told me 2 just do 1000 hrs so thats what ive given him
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonny83;

you cannot jump ship now mate its either ARTC or Vatassess one or the other its all changed
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

i neva sed i was jumpin ship im just tellin the guys bak home what 2 do b4 they get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! obviously the best option what i sed at the start of the thread is 2 get your vetassess and get an ARTC aswell!!!! So keep ur opinions out of my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonny83;

don't get all shitty mate we are all here to help, i honestly appreciate your assistance to all on here, so if i upset you my friend please accept my apologies. i only mentioned about jumping ship from ARTC to Vatassess because i have been told by the people in the migration that you cannot change part way through, so with regards to you mate im not having a go at all, i do think you have supplied some very good info for people.

so if i can also be of help to any people on here just ask.

Jonny does this mean i have to buy you some beer out of my own Deep Pockets.??? & i can tell you i have deep pockets mate.??? But what's a beer or 20 between friends.??

Arthur
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

If you live in the UK then to get the visa you have to do vetassess.
Once you have the visa you can then apply for ATRC, you do not even have to mention vetassess to them. Then do peer. But to get in if you are from the uk then the only way left is vetassess.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

i think every1 doesnt understand this thread, i no u can only get a visa by vetassess because thats what i had 2 do, this thread isnt about visas its about gettin your electrical mechanics licence, i am livin and workin over here alot of people are coming or wantin to come over here so 4 the last bloody time im goin to say yes u need vetassess but u also may aswell get an ARTC so u can get your MECHANICS licence quickly because there not set up properley at the tafe's out here 4 the new vetassess guys, this is where im having problems, so yes pom from aus u have pissed me off cos u talkin as if i dont no what im talkin about when i clearley do! so stop tryin 2 teach me how 2 suck eggs!!

Last edited by jonny83; Jul 10th 2009 at 11:18 am.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonny83
i think every1 doesnt understand this thread, i no u can only get a visa by vetassess because thats what i had 2 do, this thread isnt about visas its about gettin your electrical mechanics licence, i am livin and workin over here alot of people are coming or wantin to come over here so 4 the last bloody time im goin to say yes u need vetassess but u also may aswell get an ARTC so u can get your MECHANICS licence quickly because there not set up properley at the tafe's out here 4 the new vetassess guys, this is where im having problems, so yes pom from aus u have pissed me off cos u talkin as if i dont no what im talkin about when i clearley do! so stop tryin 2 teach me how 2 suck eggs!!
Jonny boy calm down you will give yourself a hernia, if you read through people post comments on the last post recorded as was my last post. No one is sucking eggs, just doing vetassess to get out there and then as said will do ATRC then. Now before your next post think of somewhere plesent take a deep breath and count to ten, aahhhh all calm myself now.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

well whats wrong with gettin your ARTC b4 u come out? its one less thing 2 worry about when u get out here, if thats waht your plan is fair enough but take it from me u want as much less hassle as u can get when your out here, i wasnt takin it out on u its just that other guy he pissed me off in another thread so this time i was lettin him no, this is my last official quote
Old Jul 11th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jonny83;

i fully agree with you mate, the best thing to do is get the ARTC while in the UK, it saves heaps of hassles for people when they are here, with regards to people giving you lost of verbal ignore them my friend, ive had some also a few months ago, but if they are like that then its there loss not ours.

Arthur
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

If i can come up with an aussie address i will start as soon as visa gets stamped but as soon as visa is granted i plan on being out there pretty quick so might just have to wait. The aussie address is the problem as you need one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.