vetassess ripoff

Old May 4th 2012, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default vetassess ripoff

i have been enquiring about applying for independent skilled migration today, an was informed that i have to undertake a vetassess assessment at a cost of A$2610. the fact that i am a NSW/SA licensed electrician and have been for the last 18months, after following the TRA process while out here on a working holiday visa is irrelevant.

this just seems crazy to me, and i'm struggling to get my head around how ridiculous it is.

I am really hoping someone on here can advise me i have been given the wrong information somewhere.
Old May 4th 2012, 7:46 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vetassess ripoff

Originally Posted by jonnyd
i have been enquiring about applying for independent skilled migration today, an was informed that i have to undertake a vetassess assessment at a cost of A$2610. the fact that i am a NSW/SA licensed electrician and have been for the last 18months, after following the TRA process while out here on a working holiday visa is irrelevant.

this just seems crazy to me, and i'm struggling to get my head around how ridiculous it is.

I am really hoping someone on here can advise me i have been given the wrong information somewhere.
Vetasses is migration purposes only.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: vetassess ripoff

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Vetasses is migration purposes only.
Hi Johnny,
To elaborate on what Jockstar has posted, it's clearly stated on the TRA website that an ARTC is not suitable for migration purposes. In order to migrate to OZ you have to have your skills assessed by vetassess. Personally, considering that you have a NSW licence I think this is absurd. Rip off, scam ? I wouldn't go that far, I just think it's bureaucracy gone mad. Officials like? have to tick boxes and I'm afraid it looks as though you'll have to jump through the hoops again.
I read on another thread that you are on a 457 visa. I may be wrong but I"m sure I ve read that it's not to difficult to convert this to a PR visa after seeing out 2 years of your 457 visa. Hopefully, someone can clarify.
Regards Derren