Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Vetassess and ARTC timeframes

Vetassess and ARTC timeframes

Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default Vetassess and ARTC timeframes

Another one gents,

To get through vetassess you must be able to show that you have been working in the industry for 24 out of the last 36 months.

Is this the same for the ARTC certificate or do they require longer.
I started my 2360 in 2002 but due to a gap year did not compleate untill 2006.
This gives me 7 years tracable work history but only 3 as a qualified electrician.

Is this enough for ARTC.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vetassess and ARTC timeframes

Originally Posted by minty01
Another one gents,

To get through vetassess you must be able to show that you have been working in the industry for 24 out of the last 36 months.

This gives me 7 years tracable work history but only 3 as a qualified electrician.

Is this enough for ARTC.
Have a look at this minty

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ck9Oct2007.pdf
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

The link is not connecting mate.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491978

try this. its info that wendy has put on here. good bedtime reading
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Another one gents,

Is this enough for ARTC.
you dont get to choose tra or vetts mate it depends on which country your applying from

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
you dont get to choose tra or vetts mate it depends on which country your applying from

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm
But when i get to aus after the vetassess do i not then have to sit the ARTC and then my aussie regs to get the full licence ?.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Minty

I emailed them last last night about vetassess. I asked themif they would recognise the vetassess trade test and issue relavant certs and also asked if it was possible to go through them without doing vetasses

heres the reply

Thank you for your enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

TRA conduct skills assessments for certain metal, engineering and electrical trades in accordance with the TRR Act (1946) for the purpose of an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC) to see if your qualifications and work experience are at the level of an Australian trained tradesperson.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the VETASSESS structure and programme. But you are eligible to apply for an ARTC as long as you hold an Australian visa which allows work and applications can be lodged from overseas should you wish.

To be successful in this application, you must demonstrate skills, knowledge and work experience equivalent to an Australian apprenticeship trained tradesperson. If you have not completed formal trade training, such as a 4 year formally contracted apprenticeship, you must have relevant work experience of 6 years in the metals and engineering trades and 7 years in the electrical trades. The work experience must be performed by a tradesperson in the occupation being assessed.

I have attached an ARTC application form. It is important you read through the information pages before you make an application. The ARTC application form must be completed electronically. After you print the application form, there will be a barcode generated which must be placed as the cover of your application.

Replies to this email must be forwarded to [email protected] if you require the matter to be actioned.

Yours sincerely,

Shuvo Alam
Business Operations Supervisor (Domestic)
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Is the 7 years from start or qualification.

I started 7 years ago.

But i have only been qualified in the JIBs eyes for 3.

It says experiance so im hoping its from start.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

But when i get to aus after the vetassess do i not then have to sit the ARTC and then my aussie regs to get the full licence ?.

no its not a arequirement its just the quickest route

artc then onto peer to get a south australia electrical workers licence this can then be exchanged for the equal licence in the state of your choice via
the interstate mutual recognition agreement
an example of the qld version ( same for each state )
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm

you can arrive with just your vetts certificate but you will have to do a longer au electrical course and fill in a log book ( usually 4 months worth of work for most states )

regards steve
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Anyone know how long the peer wiring rules course takes to complete if its done over in Oz? ( ARTC route )

Ill only have 3 months between getting the visa and landing in Oz, is it still enough time to do the peer wiring rules via correspondence??
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Anyone know how long the peer wiring rules course takes to complete if its done over in Oz? ( ARTC route )

Ill only have 3 months between getting the visa and landing in Oz, is it still enough time to do the peer wiring rules via correspondence??
John

Have a look at wendys "ARTC and Licensing" at the top of the forum. 3-4 weeks up to exam stage. Alot of people stress that you can not fail with peer
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Is that Bill?

Cheers mate!

Originally Posted by Kirby Reynolds
John

Have a look at wendys "ARTC and Licensing" at the top of the forum. 3-4 weeks up to exam stage. Alot of people stress that you can not fail with peer
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:30 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by jonsparx

if you fly down to peer its 3 weeks
if you do it via correspondance its up to you just book the exam as and when you feel confident fly down for 4 days 2 to brush up make sure your on target and the exam on the 3rd day and the 4th to apply for the licence in person

good luck iether way

regards steve
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

if you do it via correspondance its up to you just book the exam as and when you feel confident fly down for 4 days 2 to brush up make sure your on target and the exam on the 3rd day and the 4th to apply for the licence in person

good luck iether way

regards steve
Yes mate! You have the time john while you wait. Bet your gettin twitchy now?? Any look with a job over there??
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, sounds simple enough,

Ill be moving to Adelaide anyway so PEER will be on me doorstep!

Cheers Stevo

good luck iether way

regards steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.