vatassess needed?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

pdj2579 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vatassess needed?

Hi Y'all.
I am a Maintenance Electrician. Started my application a couple of years back, TRA etc and me and the Mrs now have our Visas. Got the flights booked for June and are ready to go! To get my Electrical Licence will I have to re apply to the TRA then to the ARTC (once I have an OZ Address) and do a PEER in Adelaide or with the recent changes will I have to go down the Vetassess route?
Thought it was going to be a straight forward pain in the arse but now its a confusing pain in the arse.

Any help would be great, Thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vatassess needed?

Originally Posted by pdj2579
Hi Y'all.
I am a Maintenance Electrician. Started my application a couple of years back, TRA etc and me and the Mrs now have our Visas. Got the flights booked for June and are ready to go! To get my Electrical Licence will I have to re apply to the TRA then to the ARTC (once I have an OZ Address) and do a PEER in Adelaide or with the recent changes will I have to go down the Vetassess route?
Thought it was going to be a straight forward pain in the arse but now its a confusing pain in the arse.

Straight to the TRA for your trades cert and Peer for your wiring course. Vetassess is for those applying for a visa and won't give a full licence
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Thats great, thanks. Back to getting a load of paper work off to the TRA hopefully giving them so much they just send me out the certificate.
Once again Wendy your knowledge holds no bounds!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great, thanks. Back to getting a load of paper work off to the TRA hopefully giving them so much they just send me out the certificate.
Once again Wendy your knowledge holds no bounds!
Good luck, let us know when they say yes
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:27 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Y'all.

just to clarify you only need the artc not the tra as well

regards steve
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o
just to clarify you only need the artc not the tra as well

regards steve

Well spotted
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

So basically I cant do nowt til I get out. I thought It was a bit pointless re-applying to the TRA again for the same thing. Less paperwork so thats good.
Thanks guys!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:36 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

So basically I cant do nowt til I get out. I thought It was a bit pointless re-applying to the TRA again for the same thing. Less paperwork so thats good.
Thanks guys!
you can apply for the artc whilst in the uk you will need an asuusie address for them to post it to though
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: vatassess needed?

Hello, all, just find this website hopefully you guys can help. We are looking at going to Oz, Perth to be exact. After looking at several agencies and finding they charge a small fotune for shuffling papers we decieded to do it ourselves. I am just looking for advice for approaching Vetassess to do the skills tests. I will applying as a General Electrician. I was just concerned over what information they would need, and also the tests. I have been through their website, but not really come up with much. Also I have been told that there are sample questions online to be found. Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved!! Although its been a while since ive had to do interviews or sit exams...
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:42 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadymatt
Hello, all, just find this website hopefully you guys can help. We are looking at going to Oz, Perth to be exact. After looking at several agencies and finding they charge a small fotune for shuffling papers we decieded to do it ourselves. I am just looking for advice for approaching Vetassess to do the skills tests. I will applying as a General Electrician. I was just concerned over what information they would need, and also the tests. I have been through their website, but not really come up with much. Also I have been told that there are sample questions online to be found. Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved!! Although its been a while since ive had to do interviews or sit exams...
Hello, all, just find this website hopefully you guys can help. We are looking at going to Oz, Perth to be exact. After looking at several agencies and finding they charge a small fotune for shuffling papers we decieded to do it ourselves. I am just looking for advice for approaching Vetassess to do the skills tests. I will applying as a General Electrician. I was just concerned over what information they would need, and also the tests. I have been through their website, but not really come up with much. Also I have been told that there are sample questions online to be found. Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved!! Although its been a while since ive had to do interviews or sit exams... vetassess officer will what's qesions me in practical like general electrician, please tell me steave. i waiting yr reply. my E-mail id is: <<snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Mar 29th 2008 at 2:54 am. Reason: email address removed for privacy. It is not wise to post personal info such as email addresses on a public forum
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:46 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by shadymatt
my E-mail id is: [email protected]
i`d edit out your personal email address mate if i were you
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

My OH has his Vetassess practical next week I will post what he had to do, this will probably help you. Good luck
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy;
you could be a bloody consultant on here why don't you start your own business advising people & of course for me suggesting this you may want to donate 20% of all proceeds to this poor pom.????