Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Trade evidence form- Domestic electrician- HELP!

Trade evidence form- Domestic electrician- HELP!

Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice
Default Trade evidence form- Domestic electrician- HELP!

Hi There
It appears that domestic electricians are falling short of the first hurdle.
Well I DONT want to so, I am pleading with anyone who could advise me on how to be creative on those competency groups:

2. Select and arrange equipment for general electrical installations...?
3. Find and repair faults in electrical apparatus...? esp this one

I have tonnes of experience with domestic work but fall short when it comes to machines and their controls.
Anyone had a similar problem and and made it to the practical assesment??
Cheers
Orrin
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trade evidence form- Domestic electrician- HELP!

Originally Posted by orrin
Hi There
It appears that domestic electricians are falling short of the first hurdle.
Well I DONT want to so, I am pleading with anyone who could advise me on how to be creative on those competency groups:

3. Find and repair faults in electrical apparatus...? esp this one

I have tonnes of experience with domestic work but fall short when it comes to machines and their controls.
Anyone had a similar problem and and made it to the practical assesment??
Cheers
Orrin

as a spark you should be doing this all the time

Select and arrange equipment for general electrical installations: What is your experience in design, selection
and arrangement of electrical equipment including any experience in relation to motor control circuits?

you dont use 1 mm for 32amp circuit do you ?? no course you dont you "select" the correct cable for the job ie 4mm for a radial and 2.5 for a ring and thats whats meant by "Select and arrange equipment for general electrical installations"

3. Find and repair faults in electrical apparatus...?

Find and repair faults in electrical apparatus: What procedure would you use to find and repair faults in electrical apparatus?

again every day work mate, what do you do if theres a dead short on say a lighting circuit? you meggar it out, break down the circuit untill you find the fault then you repair it may be by replacing a section of the wirng this is "Finding and repair faults in electrical apparatus"

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Jan 14th 2009 at 7:12 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

spot on mate could not have put it better myself
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice

Thanks for the info Steve'o. I had found the following and thought that I would need to show an example of each:

"1. Examples of apparatus are Control devices; Fixed appliances/accessories; Lighting;
Single phase motors and their controls; Socket outlets Three phase motors and their
controls, synchronous machines and their controls, transformers and their controls,
switchboards and/or distribution boards and their controls, protection and/or metering
devices, a..c./d.c. machines and their controls other like equipment/accessories.
2. Examples of circuits include those supplying fixed appliances; lighting; single-phase
motors; socket outlets; three phase motors and controls circuits; machines and
transformers; electronic or computer based equipment other like equipment/accessories."

Well I think I will whip out the IEE Guidance Note 1 and get moving!
Cheers guys
Orrin