TRA requesting further info

Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default TRA requesting further info

hi has anyone been asked to provide a detailed reference from who they served their apprenticeship with?

I got this email from them

The LTC have decided that you have provided insufficient evidence for them to be certain that you have trade
skills and knowledge equivalent to an Australian trained Electrical Mechanic; however, in order to give you a
further opportunity to establish your case for recognition in that trade, the LTC has decided to offer you an
opportunity to submit more information. The LTC have asked for: Detailed employer statement from applicants
employer during his apprenticeship.; to allow you to provide evidence of your skills. You must supply this
information as soon as possible.
can anyone advise what i need to put in it as i want to get it right (my old boss said i can write it and he'll sign it)

thanks
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:41 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA requesting further info

Originally Posted by jonnyd
hi has anyone been asked to provide a detailed reference from who they served their apprenticeship with?

I got this email from them

can anyone advise what i need to put in it as i want to get it right (my old boss said i can write it and he'll sign it)

thanks
this is what i submitted i`m not saying its right but i did get an artc? and maybe it`ll hep you with ideas of what to include
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:51 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
this is what i submitted i`m not saying its right but i did get an artc? and maybe it`ll hep you with ideas of what to include
I tried to edit a scanned copy of my apprenticeship reference. But failed and gave up. But in it its stated what company , how long and whats tasks i undertook. I dont want to post the full letter on here as it has my info on it ie name address(old) etc. As you know when dealing with government organisations/immigration etc. Its always best to give them soo much information that they cant refuse. Well thats what i have found.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I tried to edit a scanned copy of my apprenticeship reference. But failed and gave up. But in it its stated what company , how long and whats tasks i undertook. I dont want to post the full letter on here as it has my info on it ie name address(old) etc. As you know when dealing with government organisations/immigration etc. Its always best to give them soo much information that they cant refuse. Well thats what i have found.
and work the followoing points into your answers

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the same range of work at the same level of skill as a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and/or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have sufficient theoretical or underpinning knowledge of the trade.

taken from the tra site