Time to get out.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

johnny.w is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time to get out.

I arrive in adelaide on 6th sept.
I dont think i could have timed it much better. What with the shenanigans last night , i live in south east london.
But more importantly on the job front is the blatant attack on our trade by most of the major companies (baileys, bk's, t clarkes, etc etc) to deskill it.
They want to bin the jib agreement and grading system.
Different rates for containment, wiring and termination.
They will dictate who gets allocated work on site. Rates of £10.50 for containment, £12 wiring, £14 terminating are being hinted.
A jib app spark is currently on £16.25.
Basically we will be cheap labour.
I just thought i'd let you know whats going on in Great! Britain.
cant wait to kiss it bye bye.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

TonyHiggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time to get out.

I've herd about this...where can i find out more about what they want to do? I'm starting to make plans to get out of here. The construction industry is on its knees right now. If they pull off this new installer grading, then it will get worse.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Go on the Unite website and click on the link :what the companies want.
Also checkout siteworkers @virginmedia.com.siteworker special_Layout 1[1].pdf
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Aye worrying times back home, I'm glad I emigrated. They've tried to bring in a new grade before but this time they really are going for it, what an absolute disgrace. Hope a plan of action to fight back is ready soon
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Last sat we had a good with over 500 sparks thereand last night at the london construction branch meeting about 200 turned up and i can tell you that is very unusual as most months 10 turn up. Most realise now that this is a serious attack to deskill and undermine. The lobbying of jobs of the major firms is being organised for nesiteworkeraug24_Layout 1.pdfxt week . yes it is time for direct action.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny.w
I arrive in adelaide on 6th sept.
I dont think i could have timed it much better. What with the shenanigans last night , i live in south east london.
But more importantly on the job front is the blatant attack on our trade by most of the major companies (baileys, bk's, t clarkes, etc etc) to deskill it.
They want to bin the jib agreement and grading system.
Different rates for containment, wiring and termination.
They will dictate who gets allocated work on site. Rates of £10.50 for containment, £12 wiring, £14 terminating are being hinted.
A jib app spark is currently on £16.25.
Basically we will be cheap labour.
I just thought i'd let you know whats going on in Great! Britain.
cant wait to kiss it bye bye.
have you read this shite scare mongering by the trade unionists who have lost power and credibility,

for example

TIME TO GET OFF OUR KNEES AND FIGHT.
The time has come for the rank and file to get off our knees and take the bosses on. We must not stand by and let JIB rates be sabotaged
in such a scandalous and outrageous manner.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

No scaremongering here , this is happening. These firms have a new hvac agreement which they want to implement next march. They have already sent letters to there employers saying so. The agreement can be read on the unite website. They will be withdrawing from the jib . Go onto the jib website and you will see that they have issued a statement regarding this.
So maybe you should have done your homework before your post.
There is nothing wrong with trying to protect our trade by sticking together.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Well said Johnny. I've been to branch meetings were about half a dozen have shown up, so if a couple of hundred are turning up then it's definitely got peoples attention. The only reason you have good working conditions and pay, anywhere, is because people stuck together and fought for it.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:56 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny.w
No scaremongering here , this is happening. These firms have a new hvac agreement which they want to implement next march. They have already sent letters to there employers saying so. The agreement can be read on the unite website. They will be withdrawing from the jib . Go onto the jib website and you will see that they have issued a statement regarding this.
So maybe you should have done your homework before your post.
There is nothing wrong with trying to protect our trade by sticking together.
unions have LOST more jobs than they have helped
self backslapping wankers the lot of them
Old Aug 19th 2011, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
unions have LOST more jobs than they have helped
self backslapping wankers the lot of them
Well steve i have to disagree. It wasn't unions giving me a tap on the shoulder on a fri and telling me to pack my tools. It wasn't them paying me off after 2 years so they didn't have to give me my statuary rights or refusing to take anybody on the cards anymore and use agencies who are grinding the rate down.
I know only to well that the union have let us down also over the years but they have to be used as a protection against these firms who have no interest in there workers and are only looking to maximise their profits by deskilling our trade.
I dont want to get into a slagging match with you, i take my hat off to you for all the info you have put on this website to help people but on this matter i take it we will never agree.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:28 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

What have the Romans ever done for us?
Apart from the sewers system, the viaducts, education, and the roads...
$!@? The Romans.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 7:55 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by paulf
What have the Romans ever done for us?
Apart from the sewers system, the viaducts, education, and the roads...
$!@? The Romans.
whatever your on mate its bloody good, can i have some too?
Old Aug 24th 2011, 8:56 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Better OHS, Better Training, Better Rates, Better leave (sick, Parental,etc)
Better working conditions (heat stress policy, wet weather rates)
Anti bullying policy, pro apprentice policy,

All fought for and won by the ETU,
And who else is fighting Bligh and co to stop her getting rid of
4 year apprenticeships in favor of the competency based nvq style scheme right now? Ans= ETU
Good luck if that happens,