stuck on vetassess question

Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default stuck on vetassess question

can anyone give me a point in the right direction on this question

Electrical control, fault finding and repair: Be able to develop and connect control circuits, fault find and repair.
Describe the procedure you would use to find and repair faults in electrical apparatus? Describe any experience in relation to control circuits?

i'm not quite sure what they are looking for here can anyone give me an example please

thanks
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:10 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stuck on vetassess question

Originally Posted by jonnyd
can anyone give me a point in the right direction on this question

Electrical control, fault finding and repair: Be able to develop and connect control circuits, fault find and repair.
Describe the procedure you would use to find and repair faults in electrical apparatus? Describe any experience in relation to control circuits?

i'm not quite sure what they are looking for here can anyone give me an example please

thanks
to me, they want you to explain how to find a fault,

so explain ( in much more detail than below ) something like a light circuit thats tripping the mcb
you`ll test and find a very low ohms reading say phase to earth
you`ll then break the circuit down section by section untill you find the fault
repair the fault or replace a section of wiring then test again to proove that the faults clear prior to re-energising
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

One of the items in the practical is you have to wire a DOL motor. There is a fault on this that you have to diagnos and fix. There is also an Aussie safe disconnection and reconnection process which you have to learn in order to pass the practical.

Here is the link to the assessment guide sheet:

http://www.vetassess.com.au/download...ment+Guide.doc

Here is the actual candidate practical guide:
http://www.vetassess.com.au/download...date%20Kit.pdf

This contains details of what to expect on the day an also the Safe Working Practices guide. This is the Oz standard and you need to learn it off by heart.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Hi Johnny, Look in your inbox mate.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

excellent help guys thanks to everyone
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Jamie Mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jonny

having the same problems as you did regarding vetasses questions

did you receve any helpful info?

if so could you please pass it on
Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Jamie Mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jonny
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

horace1845 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jammy,

Having the same problems regarding vetasses questions

Could you please pass it on?

Thanks in advance.

horace
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Could anyone help me?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

horace,

what do you need help with mate, I'LL try to help if i can i completed mine a couple of years ago when they first started.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Hi Chris,

Can you give pointers or examples on these questions?

i'm not quite sure what they are looking for here.

Regards,
horace
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

horace,

the fault finding is very basic, I had an electric motor mounted on a board which I had to test then the examiner put a fault on it and I had to find it (simple earth fault) Control wiring was for the d.o.l motor which again is very basic just a simple stop/start contoller which you had to connect.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

horace,

if its the paperwork you are filling in have a look at what steve'o wrote at the top. Just simple explan how you would find and repair from start to finish in bullet pionts.

example

1. prove tester is working
2. test circuit
3. find fault
4. repair fault
5, test circuit
6, prove tester

dont forget to mention safe isolation

when I completed my practical exam I brought with me warning notices and a padlock
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Chris,
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I’m sorry coz I forgot to mention that I am just on the process of filling the paperwork.
I have done also the first reqt: Describe the procedure you would use to find and repair faults in electrical apparatus.

I found difficulties in second reqt: Describe your experience in relation to control circuits.
I'm not quite sure what they are looking for here. Shall I need to mention the type of control circuits I have worked (e.g. Automatic Transfer Switch, Fuel Pump control, etc.) and at the same time elaborate the job descriptions for each control equipment? Or just simply need to mention all types of control circuits, particular period of time I handled that equipment, the name of company I gained that experience or all of these?

Thanks,
Horace
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Sparkygav is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am on the same question, i think the question refers to fault finding in relation to control circuits, i dont think this section is 2 different questions, so as i understand it you have to write how you would fault find on a electrical apparatus within a control circuit.

If any one has and idea how to actually write this down can they let me know as i cant seem to put this into words without it taking up a mass amount of space which i have not got on the form.

Regards
Gav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.