British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   SA license question? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/sa-license-question-557875/)

leeob77 Aug 28th 2008 6:48 am

SA license question?

does anyone know how long it takes for the SA license to be issued? i will eventually be sitting the regs exam at peer and want to apply for license either same day or next day. do they issue the license there and then or do you have to leave a postal address? if using a postal address is one in another state ok?

cheers.

lee.

Wendy Aug 28th 2008 8:26 am

Re: SA license question?

Originally Posted by leeob77 (Post 6722755)
does anyone know how long it takes for the SA license to be issued? i will eventually be sitting the regs exam at peer and want to apply for license either same day or next day. do they issue the license there and then or do you have to leave a postal address? if using a postal address is one in another state ok?

cheers.

lee.

It takes a week or two to arrive. I know a couple of people that have used interstate addresses with no problems :)

noggin Sep 2nd 2008 6:18 am

U will need yr Peer cert..and your ARTC,and of course yr cash when u apply 4 yr license in Adelaide,u will also need a SA address...but u can have yr license posted interstate..i did to WA..2weeks to arrive

jwood Sep 2nd 2008 11:31 am

Originally Posted by noggin (Post 6739486)
U will need yr Peer cert..and your ARTC,and of course yr cash when u apply 4 yr license in Adelaide,u will also need a SA address...but u can have yr license posted interstate..i did to WA..2weeks to arrive

hi, my hubbie has taken and passed the telephone exam and has been told that he has passed by the examiners but it still went to the board on 1st Sept. He applied for it using an adelaide address.
We have now decided to move to Perth and my question is, does john have to obtain and pay for the licence in adelaide and then pay to transfere it to perth or can he take the paperwork to perth and obtain and pay for the licence in perth.
Any advice welcome
jackie n john

Glapper Sep 2nd 2008 1:52 pm

When you come to apply for the SA License, is there anyway to get round putting a SA address down on the application??? I was hoping to come down and do the exam & apply for the License in the same trip but I will then be returning to Qld.

Does anyone know what is involved in doing a interstate recognition from a SA License to a Qld License??? Do you need to do anything when you get back to Qld in order to start working??

Thanks 4 ya help

steve`o Sep 2nd 2008 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Glapper (Post 6740581)
When you come to apply for the SA License, is there anyway to get round putting a SA address down on the application??? I was hoping to come down and do the exam & apply for the License in the same trip but I will then be returning to Qld.

Does anyone know what is involved in doing a interstate recognition from a SA License to a Qld License??? Do you need to do anything when you get back to Qld in order to start working??

Thanks 4 ya help

nope just use the sa licence

you can if you want to spend the brass get a qld licence under the state recipercal aggreement but the law was changed aud 07 so any state licence is valid in any state

link to qld electrical office for thoose intrested
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm

regards steve

FoxyRuthie Sep 7th 2008 3:49 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 6741671)
nope just use the sa licence

you can if you want to spend the brass get a qld licence under the state recipercal aggreement but the law was changed aud 07 so any state licence is valid in any state

link to qld electrical office for thoose intrested
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm

regards steve

So it's ok for my hubby to go to Adelaide do Peer exam use Qld address to send licence to and just use the SA licence to work in Qld as sparky?? It sounds too easy what's the catch?? :blink:

steve`o Sep 7th 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie (Post 6757580)
So it's ok for my hubby to go to Adelaide do Peer exam use Qld address to send licence to and just use the SA licence to work in Qld as sparky?? It sounds too easy what's the catch?? :blink:

you have to return to qld via steve`o`s with a slab of beer :rofl:

no, no catch ;)

FoxyRuthie Sep 8th 2008 2:59 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 6757713)
you have to return to qld via steve`o`s with a slab of beer :rofl:

no, no catch ;)

Thanks Steve'o I'll remember the slab when we're down your way sometime!
:)