Registration

Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:35 am
Just Joined

stokiedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Registration

Hi Guys,
New on the forum, looks a great place for good advice.
I'm a spark in the UK and I got my registration in NZ 4 years ago to move there. My marriage broke up and I ended up back in Blighty.
I'm hoping to move to Oz in the next year or so, probably Brisbane, and was wondering if I can still use my NZ registration over there to get a licence?
I've checked with the EWRB in NZ and I'm still registered.
Thanks
Dave

Last edited by stokiedave; Oct 10th 2010 at 8:44 am.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

danny manen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Registration

hi my name id daniel im a spark in uk and have done my skills test and im eligible to apply for a permanent visa for aus i read your thread and i see you have done all your assessments regarding your electrical transition to aus or nz i was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about all the test you had to do and how have you found it trying to get work and any other help you can give which may help me
many thanks
Old Oct 12th 2010, 2:17 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokiedave
Hi Guys,
New on the forum, looks a great place for good advice.
I'm a spark in the UK and I got my registration in NZ 4 years ago to move there. My marriage broke up and I ended up back in Blighty.
I'm hoping to move to Oz in the next year or so, probably Brisbane, and was wondering if I can still use my NZ registration over there to get a licence?
I've checked with the EWRB in NZ and I'm still registered.
Thanks
Dave
so do you have an NZ licnece? if so you shoul;d be able to get a qld one under mutual recognition
have a read here and see if it applies to you
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/fair-a...al-recognition

regard steve
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Steve,
I should be able to transfer to a QLD licence under the mutual recognition agreement.
I just need to take a half day course in NZ on safe working practices and first aid then pay for my practicing licence first.
I was also wondering if I would need to take the Vetassess tests with me already doing practical and theory exams in NZ to gain my rego over there?
Cheers
Dave
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:34 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokiedave
Hi Steve,
I should be able to transfer to a QLD licence under the mutual recognition agreement.
I just need to take a half day course in NZ on safe working practices and first aid then pay for my practicing licence first.
I was also wondering if I would need to take the Vetassess tests with me already doing practical and theory exams in NZ to gain my rego over there?
Cheers
Dave
lost me now mate where did vetteses come into it?
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
I think he's asking if his NZ registration will be sufficient to get registered in Australia, or will he have to do Vetassess? Bearing in mind that he is now in the UK. (guessing really, but that's how it sounds to me)

I would think it would depend if the NZ registration is still valid, but since I know nothing about NZ I have no idea
Old Oct 13th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
This could be a bit of a grey area. There are a some sparks who have obtained a A grade licence on a WHV and in Dave's case with mutual recognition with NZ.
But as they are not permanent residents, when they come to apply for PR status , will they still be required to go down the Vetassess route for migration purposes?
Common sense would dictate not, but bureaucracy does not accommodate common sense. Would be interesting to here from some sparks who have encountered this particular scenario.
Regards Derren
Old Oct 13th 2010, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, probably not making myself very clear (a bit like the Australian Immigration process lol).

Yes, I'm just trying to find out if I would still need to have a Vetassess assessment here in the UK for permanent residency, with already having NZ registration.

I am still registered in NZ (checked with their electrical workers board) but just need to take a half day course there before getting my NZ practicing licence, therefore being able to transfer my licence to Oz under the mutual recognition scheme.

I would hope that with me already taking similar exams in NZ to prove my competency and experience that will be the case. Just waiting for a reply from Australian Immigration to try and clarify the situation. I'll post on here any answer I get from them.

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated

Dave
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derren7
This could be a bit of a grey area. There are a some sparks who have obtained a A grade licence on a WHV and in Dave's case with mutual recognition with NZ.
But as they are not permanent residents, when they come to apply for PR status , will they still be required to go down the Vetassess route for migration purposes?
Common sense would dictate not, but bureaucracy does not accommodate common sense. Would be interesting to here from some sparks who have encountered this particular scenario.
Regards Derren
I could be wrong, but I would imagine if you have a full Australian License that should be enough to satisfy DIAC that you meet the relevant standards? The only other thing you would need to satisfy them of is the relevant work experience for the visa you are going for? I haven't looked at the criteria for visa's for a good few years though, so am a bit rusty on the specifics.

Maybe a question for the immigration forum - although you may need to be more specific on which visa you would be looking at getting.as they may vary.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

JoeyLowtown is an unknown quantity at this point

This is interesting, as I plan to head out to NZ in Sept on a WHV and get my NZ Sparky license, just sorting the paper work for my EWRB assesment. I plan then to go over to OZ at a later date on another WHV and transfer under mutual recognition all being well.
Does this sound viable?