Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Read Me - A Grade license in Aus

Read Me - A Grade license in Aus

Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Read Me - A Grade license in Aus

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Has anyone from Perth travelled to Adelaide to do this? My OH is still waiting for his ARTC and therefore can't book onto a TAFE until at least April. He's strugling to work again after the New Year and April seems such a long time away. The nearest TAFE to us that do the course is in Freemantle (2 nights a week) so he'd have to be working relatively local (not the mines) to be able to attend the course for 10 weeks. The system makes it difficult for him to work and earn money. We're getting frustrated at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How long ago was your ARTC applied for?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

ganzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Its a pre migration skills assessment for UK sparkies. Bit like being back at college again only a shit load more expensive. Loads of info on this forum about it.
Hi

Just passed my vetassess in Oct and applied for visa in Nov. Was planning to do the wiring regs course by distance learning at PEER, get license in Adelaide then transfer it to WA. Did i read somewhere that they were not allowing vetassess guys to go down this route.......PLEASE SAY NO!!!!

Please Advise

Andy
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:42 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ganzo
Hi

Just passed my vetassess in Oct and applied for visa in Nov. Was planning to do the wiring regs course by distance learning at PEER, get license in Adelaide then transfer it to WA. Did i read somewhere that they were not allowing vetassess guys to go down this route.......PLEASE SAY NO!!!!

Please Advise

Andy
HTH

Dougie
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

ganzo;

From what we have been told by PEER if you do the Vatassess route you can still do the PEER course however you shall have to keep a log book for 12 months of on site work, how this will work i have no idea, but he can still do the PEER course for the A class license PM me for more info

regards
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
ganzo;

From what we have been told by PEER if you do the Vatassess route you can still do the PEER course however you shall have to keep a log book for 12 months of on site work, how this will work i have no idea, but he can still do the PEER course for the A class license PM me for more info

regards
when we did our license we were given the impression from peer that you wouldnt be able to sit the exam at peer until you met some new criteria. this was for people who had done vetassess.

best to ring them and ask directly.

the ocba said they werent changing anything.

hope someone can get a definitive answer soon as there seem to be many opinions on what is going on.

lee.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:17 am
Just Joined

ganzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leeob77
when we did our license we were given the impression from peer that you wouldnt be able to sit the exam at peer until you met some new criteria. this was for people who had done vetassess.

best to ring them and ask directly.

the ocba said they werent changing anything.

hope someone can get a definitive answer soon as there seem to be many opinions on what is going on.

lee.
Hi

Thanks for the advice guys. Probably not going out until early 2010 so i think i will leave it until the summer and see if anything has developed. I was going to do the regs course by distance learning then apply for the ARTC once i had my visa approved. I was then going to fly to Adelaide sit the regs exam then apply for the SA license, fly back to Perth and have the license transfered. If for whatever reason they are not allowing Vetassess (which was a very thorough assessment) to get licensed i think i will go straight to Perth with my Vetassess document and take my chances from there. What a nightmare!!

We are only planning to go out for 2-3 years so i wonder if its really worth all the hassle and money to get licensed.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

mhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nicemhenderson is just really nice

Has anyone from Perth travelled to Adelaide to do this? My OH is still waiting for his ARTC and therefore can't book onto a TAFE until at least April. He's strugling to work again after the New Year and April seems such a long time away. The nearest TAFE to us that do the course is in Freemantle (2 nights a week) so he'd have to be working relatively local (not the mines) to be able to attend the course for 10 weeks. The system makes it difficult for him to work and earn money. We're getting frustrated at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ShoreyM
I undertook all my ARTC and A grade applications in Perth and I am happy to help in anyway i can. Did your OH have to do a TRA trade test to get his ARTC? If he did all he will have to do is complete the short theory test which I did, and again happy to help.
I work at an electrical training college as an instructor and we have quite a few immigration guys who tend to work as TA's with local employers until they get their licence. Send me an email if you are still looking for help on this and i will tell you what i can.
Mike
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy;

how is the weather your way love,, it was bloody boiling here yesterday i was working inside & the heat was horrific when i had to go outdoors 46C + a north wind making it about 53C a nightmare

arthur
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

kdmehta5 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
i am new in brisbane and basically i am qualified electricrician from india n work exep in uk aswell. n now i want to apply for electrical licence so please help me for this.i am confused where to start so please.
thanks.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kdmehta5
hi,
i am new in brisbane and basically i am qualified electricrician from india n work exep in uk aswell. n now i want to apply for electrical licence so please help me for this.i am confused where to start so please.
thanks.
have you got your visa via the vettesses or tra route ??
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Once he get's the ARTC Cert he will be able to take the practical exam and the short theory exam. Phone Balga TAFE (North of river) ask for a practical exam date, also ask if there is any cancelation positions available. If you Pass the practical you can sit the written test within 10 days on average. Buy the regs book read it and read it, if your were 16th -17th edition british spark you should have no problem understanding it.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Thanks guys for all your responses. Very useful, as always. Will pass all the infor onto my OH. Thanks again.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Just have a quick question for all you knowledgeable folks. We have our 175 visa, validated it, we went the TRA route to get it, we're applying for the ARTC before we return to Australia. I think that's the most we can do until we get back...

I was wondering about a HV switch ticket. My husband does almost exclusively high voltage, industrial...He's specialized in it for a number of years and is one of two guys in his current company that does HV work. I've been looking at job postings in WA and most of the HV jobs ask for a switch ticket. What's involved in getting it?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

kdmehta5 is an unknown quantity at this point

DEAR STEAVE AND FRIENDS,
thanks for reply and i got my skilled assesment through TRA.at present i am in brisbane and want to get licence as earlier as possible.i am looking for work aswell and i am ready to work free with any electrician so if somebody need my help so please send me a message.i am ready for free work.
thanks,
kunal
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:59 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kdmehta5
DEAR STEAVE AND FRIENDS,
thanks for reply and i got my skilled assesment through TRA.at present i am in brisbane and want to get licence as earlier as possible.i am looking for work aswell and i am ready to work free with any electrician so if somebody need my help so please send me a message.i am ready for free work.
thanks,
kunal
have you applied or got your artc from the tra ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.