Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

To Re-Train as a Sparky in Melbourne?

To Re-Train as a Sparky in Melbourne?

Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:36 pm
Cobber

pab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to all
Default To Re-Train as a Sparky in Melbourne?

Hello

I am currently employed as a Web Printer in the UK and have a 175 visa. I am 34 and married with 2 kids.

We will be moving to Melbourne (this year hopefully!) and I am thinking of using the move to Melbourne as the perfect opportunity to re-train as a sparky as I feel that the printing industry will continue its steady decline and as I have over 30 years of work life left (hoping I dont die early!) I dont think printing will see me out!

If any of you could give me some advice on how best to go about doing this; ie as an apprentice, night school, full time college, wherethe colleges are etc etc then it would be very much appreciated.

I will have around £100k to bring with us so I am planning on living in rented for a couple of years and using some of this money to go towards supporting the 2 kids if I cannot bring in enough money from work.

Regards