Queensland ESO

Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:39 am
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Queensland ESO

Hi
I took the PEER route 2.5 yrs ago, got my SA licence then got a job up here in Brisbane under mutual recognition.
Last year my boss (a Macodonian) said i should go on his contractors licence as a QTP ( quallified technical person). This would allow him to go home for a month and leave me responsable for the pesky kids.
The secatary enquired and it was decided i needed to complete UEENEEG005B Verify compliance and functionallity of general electrical installations.
That passed i applied for a Queensland licence which was granted, but it had printed on it "NOT TRADE QUALLIFIED". This was Queensland complying with mutual recognition. I was quite insulted as a spark of 27 years and over 2 years putting right the work of Aussie quallifed sparks.
So i had a licence that i didn't think would help me get away from my tight arse boss.
Then this week i got a call from ESO telling me that the desicion had been reversed, a new licence without the restriction was being issued.
So 2.5 years into my Aussie adventure i will finally have a decent licence.

Tony Coles
Old Mar 30th 2013, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Queensland ESO

Originally Posted by quid81
Hi
I took the PEER route 2.5 yrs ago, got my SA licence then got a job up here in Brisbane under mutual recognition.
Last year my boss (a Macodonian) said i should go on his contractors licence as a QTP ( quallified technical person). This would allow him to go home for a month and leave me responsable for the pesky kids.
The secatary enquired and it was decided i needed to complete UEENEEG005B Verify compliance and functionallity of general electrical installations.
That passed i applied for a Queensland licence which was granted, but it had printed on it "NOT TRADE QUALLIFIED". This was Queensland complying with mutual recognition. I was quite insulted as a spark of 27 years and over 2 years putting right the work of Aussie quallifed sparks.
So i had a licence that i didn't think would help me get away from my tight arse boss.
Then this week i got a call from ESO telling me that the desicion had been reversed, a new licence without the restriction was being issued.
So 2.5 years into my Aussie adventure i will finally have a decent licence.

Tony Coles
Congrats Tony,
What a nightmare you've had. In hindsight it would probably have been better for you to have done the gap training in QLD. I got mine after 4 months of filling in a log book (once I found a job that is, and that is not easy right now, with or without a full licence).
Are you looking for a new job now?
Regards Derren
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:41 am
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I half heartedly have a look on seek.com every time the boss pisses me off.
I've never been 1 for swopping jobs often. I get $28 an hour company ute, phone and my holliday pay. The main thing is i rarely work more than 8 hrs a day, i've had a lifetime of scratting around working all hours. I enjoy my leisure time and am not looking to work long hours. That said with my experiance i solve all probs that are thrown my way and enjoy being smarter than the boss. He makes the money but it makes me smile that the customers all ask for the pommey guy for their jobs.

Tony Coles
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:50 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I get $28 an hour company ute, phone and my holliday pay
Mate, no disrespect. But thats not good. You can get more. I know unlicenced sparkies who get that.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:51 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Mate, no disrespect. But thats not good. You can get more. I know unlicenced sparkies who get that.
However the grass is not always greener. I know, been there , done that. As long as you enjoy your job. Thats all that matters.