Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

queensland electrical licence

queensland electrical licence

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

andy1961 is on a distinguished road
Default queensland electrical licence

hi can anyone advise me on the quickest way to get licenced in queensland ?
im going over in october on oh permanent visa shes a nurse.ive read loads of discussions on here and there seems to be loads of different variations.ive got my c&g 2330 and 2381 do i just convert them then do the appropiate exams over there.

advice greatly appreciated. andy
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: queensland electrical licence

Originally Posted by andy1961
hi can anyone advise me on the quickest way to get licenced in queensland ?
im going over in october on oh permanent visa shes a nurse.ive read loads of discussions on here and there seems to be loads of different variations.ive got my c&g 2330 and 2381 do i just convert them then do the appropiate exams over there.

advice greatly appreciated. andy
Hi Andy,

Look for posts by Steve 'O, he's just done it all.

Like he would say; have a good look on http://www.qet.edu.au/
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that wendy.

the bit that confuses me is the tra and artc.
do i just go through the artc as the tra is just for visa purposes ?

andy.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that wendy.

the bit that confuses me is the tra and artc.
do i just go through the artc as the tra is just for visa purposes ?

andy.
yep thats right look here and be quick and get your application in as the artc finishes on the 1st sept to be replaced with the vettessess version
same shite 400% dearer

email the tra on the link shown as get your artc application form sent to you in the uk use your email addrerss for correspondance and an aussie address ( a mates etc ) for your artc cert to be delivered to they wont send it overseas

regards steve

artc link ( includes email addresss )

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

cheers for that steve.

gonna get onto it right away.

do i take it after that stage they will tell me what regs course or what ever i will have to do in queensland ?

tks again andy
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for that steve.

gonna get onto it right away.

do i take it after that stage they will tell me what regs course or what ever i will have to do in queensland ?

tks again andy
once you have your artc and a cpr course ( aussie one )
you apply to the electrical safety office for a licence using

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...nces/overseas/

the pdf application form shown about 3/4 of the way down the page
they will issue a licence to train
then you enrol at tafe or qet your choise fill in a log book as you do various bits and pieces

take the exam

and your away
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

bretang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,
Just wondering that if you have your visa and passed TRA etc to get it. What happens if you arrive in Oz and apply for your licence there, does the ARTC apply or do you take the new version in oz (vitesses). I am awaiting my reference which has been promised by Fri at the latest. It will be close to the 1st Sept deadline. If i miss the date would i be better to wait until i arrive so i dont pay the vitesse fee. Just hope i make deadline getting worried again (lol).
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:13 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by bretang
Hi Steve,
Just wondering that if you have your visa and passed TRA etc to get it. What happens if you arrive in Oz and apply for your licence there, does the ARTC apply or do you take the new version in oz (vitesses). I am awaiting my reference which has been promised by Fri at the latest. It will be close to the 1st Sept deadline. If i miss the date would i be better to wait until i arrive so i dont pay the vitesse fee. Just hope i make deadline getting worried again (lol).

from the way i understand it the tra wont be processing any of the trades selected form the 31st aug

see

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:07 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
from the way i understand it the tra wont be processing any of the trades selected form the 31st aug

see

hey stevo,
have you got that contractors licence yet?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:16 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by youngy73
hey stevo,
have you got that contractors licence yet?
nar to busy with the bloody house mate
Old Aug 4th 2007, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve,
Originally Posted by steve`o

see

As far as I understand it (and a post or two from the agents confirm), the new Vetassess assessments only affect the pre-migration stuff, it does not replace the need to apply for an ARTC certificate, even those who apply to Vetassess after September will have to apply to the TRA for an ARTC to be able to get a full licence.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,
Thanks for your replys Steve and Wendy i have rang my old supervisor who is sorting my reference out asap. I hope your right Wendy about ARTC application can still be applied too after 1st sept. I hate waiting on other people for things like this you just have to sit and wait i guess.

Bye Brett
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi All,
Thanks for your replys Steve and Wendy i have rang my old supervisor who is sorting my reference out asap. I hope your right Wendy about ARTC application can still be applied too after 1st sept. I hate waiting on other people for things like this you just have to sit and wait i guess.

Bye Brett

We did the references ourselves and they checked them, put them on letterhead and signed them. That was after we waited 3 months for them to do it.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Chapman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
We did the references ourselves and they checked them, put them on letterhead and signed them. That was after we waited 3 months for them to do it.
Hi Brett,

Have you had much success, my husband like you has got his visa from my skill and we have just come back from activating it. Whilst we were on the Sunshine Coast we discovered that he does need to get this licence before he can get a job. He's just complteded getting the paperwork together for the TRA, but the rest looksa little confusing just wondered how you were geting on.

June
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Chapman,
I have been let down by my old supervisor who said that he would get reference on company headed paper. This has left me in the position of contacting HR at work to give me the correct info that i need. This is not an easy task due to there company rules that you are not allowed a detailed reference which is total crap. The best thing is that they want to get rid of people but have turned me down twice for VR. If they just sorted me the paperwork out that would speed up the process and one less person to make redundant when they sell us off to the scum bag asset strippers that are in line to buy us. I work at Land Rover at the minute and the morale is the lowest i have ever known at a company, i will never work for an american company again unless it was the last resort and even then it would be a close decision. That is the polite version to what i am thinking and there are a good few at work that think the same too, sorry to go off the subject a bit but totally brassed off at the minute and see no light at the end of the tunnel for some time. This licence is just the icing on the cake and with the property market 50/50 on a crash it will be just my luck that i get sorted and my house is worth the price of my 6 year old focus (lol). Anyway thats my rant finished i will open a can of stella and drown my sorrows. Hope you guys are a little bit closer to the final hurdle than me all the best and at least the baggies won ah.

Bye Brett Boing Boing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.