practical exam theory

Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Crg316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: practical exam theory

Originally Posted by resin123
hi,

ye thanks for that helped a great deal things are starting to click now cheers, any other tips for the theory or other parts of exam cheers mate
Just brush up on up to date health and saftey , but u should be fine , quite a bit of common knowledge . Learn how to do voltdrop and current carrying capacitys. Calculate resistors in series and parallel . If u can get that calculations book it will help u loads. Difference between Ac and dc and sources and uses for Ac and dc. A lot of the stuff u should no. Pass mark is 75%. R u with future skills?
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Thought so, cos you have it right in the overall pic

Have you had your results yet?
Ye I passed mine.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:37 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crg316
Ye I passed mine.
Congrats

Have you got your EOI in?
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Congrats

Cheers mate. Not yet. Working with an agent. Just waiting for my wife to do her Iets test on the 7 dec. then we can submit it. Can't wait I tell u.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate. Not yet. Working with an agent. Just waiting for my wife to do her Iets test on the 7 dec. then we can submit it. Can't wait I tell u.
Is your wife main applicant?
Just Joined

Congrats

How long do u reakon it takes from submitting the eoi till you get the visa granted?
Just Joined

Is your wife main applicant?
No I am
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:54 pm

How long do u reakon it takes from submitting the eoi till you get the visa granted?
gonna send you a pm
Old Nov 17th 2013, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

gonna send you a pm
Ok cheers mate
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

resin123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,

me again, just a bit of help required with my vetassess paperwork. diagonosing and rectifying faults in dc electrical apparatus and circuits? any help please on this would be sound

cheers
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:16 am
Just Joined

jamesS85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have completed the certificate 3 in eltrotechnology in perth. Because I have the aus qualification I am eligible to apply for pathway 2 skills assessment, which exempts me from the practical aspect but I still have to do technical interview. My agent thinks they may call me in for face to face interview, although it may be on phone or via skype. I would really appreciate any tips or advice on the technical interview and any other information you may have regarding it. Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by jamesS85
I have completed the certificate 3 in eltrotechnology in perth. Because I have the aus qualification I am eligible to apply for pathway 2 skills assessment, which exempts me from the practical aspect but I still have to do technical interview. My agent thinks they may call me in for face to face interview, although it may be on phone or via skype. I would really appreciate any tips or advice on the technical interview and any other information you may have regarding it. Thanks
When Vic Uni first started doing skills assessments, they gave everyone technical interviews rather than practicals - it was very straight forward - what tools, what fixings, what do you know about motors, types of energy, all very straight forward.

Of course then they were stopped and everyone had to do the practical as well. Just try and relax and not worry too much
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:29 am
Just Joined

jamesS85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Easier said than done haha thanks for the advice mate.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

garthreynolds is an unknown quantity at this point

Just brush up on up to date health and saftey , but u should be fine , quite a bit of common knowledge . Learn how to do voltdrop and current carrying capacitys. Calculate resistors in series and parallel . If u can get that calculations book it will help u loads. Difference between Ac and dc and sources and uses for Ac and dc. A lot of the stuff u should no. Pass mark is 75%. R u with future skills?
I'm just doing my assessment on the 19th of feb, is that more or less all that's in the assesment?
iv always worked in a factory on motors and such so never been involved with domestics, so that's worrying me a bit as iv never had to calculate voltage drops, cable size zs etc

not sure if youll see the post before I set off to totenham

cheers garth
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Buy a book off e bay called electrical instalation calculations by Christopher kit her and aj Watkins . It helped me loads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.