perth advice please !!

Old Jan 6th 2014, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

callum1205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default perth advice please !!

Hi folks,
would like some advice please regarding moving to Perth.I have an A grade WA
Licence and perm visa. Next bit is to give up my job here which is quite daunting.
I have no job to go to in Perth and this is the worrying part.
I am an electrician but really unsure of what course to take, my wife and I would go in a minute if I had something lined up. Whats your thoughts folks ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Old Jan 6th 2014, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice
Default Re: perth advice please !!

Try to call 1800 249 400 or see this link. I currently work on Barrow Island for CKJV and I know they need a lot more sparkies than they have at the moment. Let them know that you have an A grade and PR.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Deyan, I will call them today and let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dayan,
I applied for this job today, was unable to get to speak on ohone but applied online. Would I be better speaking to someone, if so do u have a contact that I can send certs to.
thanks again
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

Yes, it would be better if you speak with someone from HR, they can book you straight for an interview.

Please, read PM, I sent you direct number.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Have a look on seek.com.au, that's where most firms advertise (not a huge amount on there at the moment). If you join the union they'll give you a statewide job list with contact numbers or you can call up an official and they'll tell you who's recruiting at the moment.

There's a shortage of accommodation on Barrow Island so there's plenty of people (including me) waiting to go up there.

Deyan, how are you finding it on Barrow?
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Not bad as I thought it would be. I've been doing night shifts only so have no problem with heat and flies. Double bunking (sharing bedroom) is not bad at all, hardly see my roommate (he is in day shift). Getting extra $1000 weekly after tax more than day shift. Work is steady steady at the moment.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Have you got HA? One of my mates up there is sharing a room, despite telling them at the interview he wants his own. They basically just said 'tough shit' once he got up there, and put him in a shared room.

Might see you up there at some point, going to try and get another start in the meantime.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Well, it's pretty clear, there is no enough accommodation so anyone not wiling to share bedroom won't get on the island this year. That's what we've been told (not officially of course). As I said before it's not that bad, your roommate is opposite shift and you won't see him. Each has his own bed and a locker. I was on paid stand down for about 3 weeks before they had bedroom for me.

Yes, I've got my HA Cert IV but I don't think it's necessary for the job, at least not at this early stage. They are looking more for construction sparkies at the moment.

btw Whats is your mate's name? You can answer on PM if you want. Maybe I know him, a few UK boys are in my crew.

Last edited by Deyan; Jan 12th 2014 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

PM sent mate