Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

peer SA by coresspondance for electricians

peer SA by coresspondance for electricians

Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:14 am
Just Joined

James22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really nice
Default peer SA by coresspondance for electricians

Hi all I am currently studying for my a class electricians licience and have gone through peer, so completeing the log book in my own time then sitting the exam when i'm happy, i was just wondering if threre were anyone else who have gone down this road and if they have if there'd be able to tell me what i'm likely to expect, there are a few of the questions that have got me a little stuck have tried getting in touch with peer but nothing yet, guess there are a few of us doing the course i'm just a little worried that if i don't manage to answer all the questions will that go against me? or will i be able to answer these on the day?

I must say though that the guys at peer seem very friendly and my books were sent out to me in one day!!!!! express delivery so anyone thinking og going with them, so far I would recomend them

cheers james
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future
Default Re: peer SA by coresspondance for electricians

There have been plenty of sparks on here who have gained their Licence this route me included. There is really nothing to worry about as long as you complete the workbook. I probably had about 6 i could not answer but when you get to peer the guys give you the option for a day or 2 studying with them and going over anything you are not so sure on. Or you can sit the exam straight away which i think is what most choose. But you need to be confident in yourself as they did not even open my workbook and look at it, they just asked how i got on with it. Im sure if you get really stuck on any the guys on here will help. Good Luck
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:42 am
Just Joined

James22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really nice

hey cheers for the reply, so does the log book not count for a percentage of the exam? or is it just purely to prove to the guys at peer that you are capable of interpreting the regs?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by James22
hey cheers for the reply, so does the log book not count for a percentage of the exam? or is it just purely to prove to the guys at peer that you are capable of interpreting the regs?
Hi James22
no the log book doesn't count towards your exam. They had a quick look at my book but that was it. I was stuck on some of the questions as well especially the last section about utilities and services but was told not to worry about it if you weren't going to work in SA.
Can't praise the course enough.

the dooners
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the reply dooner, alot of the guys here on british expacts sing there praises so thought i'd go with the people in the know how did you find the exam? i will give per a ring tomorow and hopefully book it up soon and get it out the way, where abouts are you based?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by James22
thanks for the reply dooner, alot of the guys here on british expacts sing there praises so thought i'd go with the people in the know how did you find the exam? i will give per a ring tomorow and hopefully book it up soon and get it out the way, where abouts are you based?
Hi James22
If you can do the log book you'll be fine. It was just the calculations I had problems with ( calculating the different earth resistances) oh and the drawing of a fuse board with a meter and all the earthing you have to show where all the wires go. we did it the 1st day with colour pens and i didn't finish mine so when I went and sat the test I didn'thave a completed 1 to hand in and had to do mine in 1 colour. But I got there in the end.

the dooners
Old Apr 10th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

hi james, i did my exam with peer in january. really nothing to worry about. if you struggle with some questions they will go through them with you. they offered us as much revision time and help as we felt we needed. they wont pressure you into doing the exam before you feel ready either. i did some calculation revision then felt happy to do exam on first day. another lad wanted a bit more time so did the full day as revision then did exam next day.
trust me you will be fine. so long as it looks like you have put the effort in they will help you.

good luck.

lee.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Can the peers course be done whilst still in UK?

Steve.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:20 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Yep

Then a couple of days in Adalaide to sit the actual exam once you have completed the workbook

Dougie
Old May 7th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Yep

Then a couple of days in Adalaide to sit the actual exam once you have completed the workbook

Dougie
Hi we have done vetasses route and got the ostr, but dont wanna go down the route of trying to find someone to take me on as trade assisitant while i go to rto for god knows how long. just applying for visa now, do we needthis before we can apply for peer? is this the quickest way to get your license? we are going to brissy. thanks
Old May 7th 2009, 10:41 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kirby Reynolds
Hi we have done vetasses route and got the ostr, but dont wanna go down the route of trying to find someone to take me on as trade assisitant while i go to rto for god knows how long. just applying for visa now, do we needthis before we can apply for peer? is this the quickest way to get your license? we are going to brissy. thanks

Jeez man u deffo aint employed 4 ya english r ya ??

No seriously i may stand corrected but i belive that if you have been assessed and by VETASSES that you cannot take the PEER route ????

There is a big thread on here about this somewhere i am very sure but i,m too tanked up to look for it if i,m being honest

Dougie
Old May 8th 2009, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

you can still go the peer route if assessed by vetassess. but you will need to apply for ARTC from tra as the vetassess cert (ostr) cannot be used in conjunction with peer to get license. so long as you have your visa in passport you can apply for artc certificate.

lee.
Old May 9th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

lbb_1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
There have been plenty of sparks on here who have gained their Licence this route me included. There is really nothing to worry about as long as you complete the workbook. I probably had about 6 i could not answer but when you get to peer the guys give you the option for a day or 2 studying with them and going over anything you are not so sure on. Or you can sit the exam straight away which i think is what most choose. But you need to be confident in yourself as they did not even open my workbook and look at it, they just asked how i got on with it. Im sure if you get really stuck on any the guys on here will help. Good Luck
Hi James ,

I'm just here in Brisbane doing AS/NZ 3000:2007 via PEER VET . I'm just bit confused about the conversion of your electrical workers license from SA to Queensland .Once you have done and passed this,then after getting license at OCBA , will your license become Electrical Fitter/Mechanic in QLD?Thanks mate

LBB_1974
Old May 17th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Just wanting to ask a question about when you get your licence with Peer, Hubby has gone down to Adelaide today to go to Peer tomorrow and Tuesday to sit his exam, to all you who have your SA Licence how long did it take to come through..... we have been told that it can take about 4 weeks! Is this true and if so can you not work until you have this

Thanks

Gillian
Old May 18th 2009, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

You can work once you have your licence number, if you ask them to txt the number to you once it's approved then you can start. then the card arrives some time later in the post, it only took 2 weeks with me.

Regards

Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.