Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Paper work assessment -electrics vetassess LEVELS?

Paper work assessment -electrics vetassess LEVELS?

Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough
Default Paper work assessment -electrics vetassess LEVELS?

Hi all,

My brother in law has been working as a fully qualified electrician for 18months (working in electrics for 4 years). He has just received his paper assessment and came out as a Level 2. (I believe it is Lv1, 2 and 3).

Did any of you come out as a Level 2 and go on to sit the practical assessment (and pass?!).

My b.i.l will sit the practical in July.

Just feeling a little worried as obviously Level 3 would have been stronger.

Just looking for some advice and reassurance really!!

I am keeping up to date with the practical assessment thread! Thanks!

BC
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Paper work assessment -electrics vetassess LEVELS?

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
Hi all,

My brother in law has been working as a fully qualified electrician for 18months (working in electrics for 4 years). He has just received his paper assessment and came out as a Level 2. (I believe it is Lv1, 2 and 3).

Did any of you come out as a Level 2 and go on to sit the practical assessment (and pass?!).

BC
Sorry that should have been Level 1 would have been stronger!

All those who did their practical tests this week do you mind me asking what level you got on the initial paper assessment?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

My OH got Level 1, but he's been doing it 12 years.

One thing for your B.I.L to check has he got enough time in trade for the Visa?

I would get him to think about it carefully as $1600 is alot if he doesn't pass.

OH not done practical yet doing his on Tues.

Good luck to him whatever he decides

Becky
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi my OH has just done his practical he also got a level 1 on his paperwork, what is level 2, does that mean ok for practical but may find it difficult ? Good luck for you OH Becky
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Lightbulb Re: Paper work assessment -electrics vetassess LEVELS?

Originally Posted by shar07
Hi my OH has just done his practical he also got a level 1 on his paperwork, what is level 2, does that mean ok for practical but may find it difficult ? Good luck for you OH Becky
The vetassess levels are as follows

level1 is successful and recommended to proceed to assesment

level 2 is optional and you may proceed to assement however caution is recommeneded

level3 is unsuccessful not enough evidence to progress

if you get a 1 or 2 i would still go for the practical, i did find it relativly easy. The theory side of the day was most difficult

there are threads on here which will help anyone unsure

good luck
doc
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
Hi all,

BC

Hi

My OH has just found out he passed the practical!

He like your b.i.l. passed his paper assessment on a level 2, we think due to him only being qualified for 18 months also!

So my advice is to tell your b.i.l. to go for it!! As long as he knows his stuff he will do ok!

Good luck to him.
Ang
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by carl-ang
Hi

My OH has just found out he passed the practical!

He like your b.i.l. passed his paper assessment on a level 2, we think due to him only being qualified for 18 months also!

So my advice is to tell your b.i.l. to go for it!! As long as he knows his stuff he will do ok!

Good luck to him.
Ang
excellent news there!

Well done, this shows that a level 2 pass is not something to put you off doing the practical!

Looks like the results are coming through, finally!!!

doc
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

congratulations on passing Angthat is great news well done.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Yep i'd say go for it by the look of the reaction to the April practicals. I've just sent my paper assessment off and hope to be in the July practicals too.!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

As ive started the process can someone tell me how you put the text on the bottom of a post please.I think it helps other people who might be at the same point in their application. thanks
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Porter
As ive started the process can someone tell me how you put the text on the bottom of a post please.I think it helps other people who might be at the same point in their application. thanks
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think that means the timeline that people put at the bottom
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

thanks i'll give it a go
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Paper work assessment -electrics vetassess LEVELS?

Hi, so the paper assessment is the one with your work history?yes/no??
If so wot are electromagnetic circuits and dc circuits classed as.Would fire alarms/burglar alarms/emergencey lighting systems class as dc, could electromagnetic be relays or door closer hold off type things, if so ok no probs if not ??????????
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jase, yes it is all your work history, id be very in depth, examples of evidence to show is on the vetassess website.I wouldnt see a problem using those examples of electromagnetic and dc scenarios.I included door entry systems on my assessment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.