Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

The Ozzy Wiring and Regs thread ASK HERE!

The Ozzy Wiring and Regs thread ASK HERE!

Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about
Default The Ozzy Wiring and Regs thread ASK HERE!

This is for all the sparkies currently working in Australia to answer questions about common working practices, regs and how the Ozzies expect you to do things.

A bit of a heads up for the sparkies emigrating to Oz.

Ill go first....

How does the certification work in Oz, how does it compare with say NIC forms?? Dont seem to me like they have testing and inspection as such, just tick boxes??
Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:20 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ozzy Wiring and Regs thread ASK HERE!

Originally Posted by jonsparx
This is for all the sparkies currently working in Australia to answer questions about common working practices, regs and how the Ozzies expect you to do things.

A bit of a heads up for the sparkies emigrating to Oz.

Ill go first....

How does the certification work in Oz, how does it compare with say NIC forms?? Dont seem to me like they have testing and inspection as such, just tick boxes??
i use a this one all be it altered with my companies header etc

theres absolutly no comparsion to an nic form the au one is very basic

regards steve
Attached Files
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Thats more like it! NIC Who?!

Although we all bang on about how much red tape is involved in actually getting licenced it must be loads easier in terms of signing jobs off. All I seem to do is paperwork in the UK.
Are there different certs for periodics, minor works etc or does 1 cover all?

Originally Posted by steve`o
i use a this one all be it altered with my companies header etc

theres absolutly no comparsion to an nic form the au one is very basic

regards steve
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Thats more like it! NIC Who?!

Although we all bang on about how much red tape is involved in actually getting licenced it must be loads easier in terms of signing jobs off. All I seem to do is paperwork in the UK.
Are there different certs for periodics, minor works etc or does 1 cover all?
nope its a coverall
allthough i do for my own sanity have a test result sheet that i knocked up in excell as well showing all the results r1 r2 IR etc etc ( i ran my own nic firm and prior to that was nic manager for 12 yrs at another firm old habits die hard )
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

New documents have been made available for electricians to facilitate the verficiation of compliance when inspecting electrical installations from the technicalregulatorsa

http://technicalregulator.sa.gov.au/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
OTR_verification_sheet.pdf (51.9 KB, 281 views)
Old Sep 26th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

What about the supply, Im assuming the regional leccy company provide you with a cutout / meter within the property? what about power poles? What are they for?