Outcome Letter

Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:50 am
Just Joined

SamG123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Outcome Letter

Hi all,
On the 23rd of February I posted a new thread called Electrical Licence, asking various questions explaining my situation and about the licensing.

I have finally received my outcome letter from the TRA but it is not good news I asked the question on this forum should I apply for the electrical fitters licence or the electrical mechanics licence. I applied for the electrical mechanics licence as I believed I had more than enough evidence but I was wrong and received an unsuccessful out come maybe its because I am an English Electrician.

I am extremely annoyed as there was enough evidence to write a book on my carrier anyway moving on do you think TRA will be able to change it a Electrical fitters certificate so I don’t have to pay a further $300.00 just to tick electrical fitter rather than electrical mechanic on the application.

As after I get a positive outcome of an electrical fitter I can go to Adelaide and get an unrestricted licence which is = electrical mech/electrical fitter licence which enables to work on any type of electrical work this is the type of licence my partners father has got and he is an lift engineer and he can change the licence over with no problems to any part of 0z.

Thanks Again Sam
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Outcome Letter

Originally Posted by SamG123
Hi all,
On the 23rd of February I posted a new thread called Electrical Licence, asking various questions explaining my situation and about the licensing.

I have finally received my outcome letter from the TRA but it is not good news I asked the question on this forum should I apply for the electrical fitters licence or the electrical mechanics licence. I applied for the electrical mechanics licence as I believed I had more than enough evidence but I was wrong and received an unsuccessful out come maybe its because I am an English Electrician.

I am extremely annoyed as there was enough evidence to write a book on my carrier anyway moving on do you think TRA will be able to change it a Electrical fitters certificate so I don’t have to pay a further $300.00 just to tick electrical fitter rather than electrical mechanic on the application.

As after I get a positive outcome of an electrical fitter I can go to Adelaide and get an unrestricted licence which is = electrical mech/electrical fitter licence which enables to work on any type of electrical work this is the type of licence my partners father has got and he is an lift engineer and he can change the licence over with no problems to any part of 0z.

Thanks Again Sam
Hi Sam,
presumably, the TRA have stated in the letter that you have not supplied enough evidence?
If so, what evidence did you submit? Obviously all your trade certs, but did you submit detailed references from all of your employers, a copy of your JIB card etc.
As for being graded as an electrical fitter, I've seen posts in the past where someone has applied for a mechanic but the TRA has seen fit to grade them as a fitter anyway.
I can only think there must be a fundamental flaw in your application.
I certainly wouldn't think it's because your English as plenty of Poms have successfully applied for an ARTC.
You can appeal against the decision, but tell us what evidence you submitted to see where the problem may lie.
Regards Derren
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:33 am
Just Joined

timpage74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Sam,
presumably, the TRA have stated in the letter that you have not supplied enough evidence?
If so, what evidence did you submit? Obviously all your trade certs, but did you submit detailed references from all of your employers, a copy of your JIB card etc.
As for being graded as an electrical fitter, I've seen posts in the past where someone has applied for a mechanic but the TRA has seen fit to grade them as a fitter anyway.
I certainly wouldn't think it's because your English as plenty of Poms have successfully applied for an ARTC.
You can appeal against the decision, but tell us what evidence you submitted to see where the problem may lie.
Regards Derren
Hi Derren, I just recieved my verdict from ARTC I applied for electrical mechanic and got electrical fitter. My JIB card says maintenance electrician but I have been doing commercial, industrial and domestic installation since 1998. Is this bad or can i still do the PEER course and get the same license had i been given electrical mechanic. Any help is appreciated, or point me in the direction of a thread which tells me this info.

Thanks Tim
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Sam,
Regards Derren
Hi thanks for getting back to me , In my application I had over 150 pages of evidence which included :

4 detailed references from past employers each between 5- 10 pages long
certified certificates
A letter stating I have successfully completed a 4 year apprenticeship
Statement of service 15 pages explaining my experience as an electrician
Declaration form about my trade
JIB card
HMRC letters, P60's , P45's
And the list can go on !

I am going to contact the TRA on Monday, the only reason I did not get a positive outcome is because they said there was not enough evidence as an electrical mechanic.

I am going to see weather they can issue me an electrical fitters certificate instead of an electrical mechanics as they have all my evidence with them and there is more than enough to be graded an electrical fitter. Other wise I am going to have to reapply just to change on the application trade from: electrical mechanic to electrical fitter on the application and then pay another $300.00 which is a total p*** take.

It just a total joke if you just do a four year apprenticeship in Australia you get straight away an electrical mechanics licence. I have more than an apprenticeship, my qualifications are recognized world wide but anyway

Thanks again Sam
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by timpage74
Hi Derren, I just recieved my verdict from ARTC I applied for electrical mechanic and got electrical fitter. My JIB card says maintenance electrician but I have been doing commercial, industrial and domestic installation since 1998. Is this bad or can i still do the PEER course and get the same license had i been given electrical mechanic. Any help is appreciated, or point me in the direction of a thread which tells me this info.

Thanks Tim
Hi Tim,
As far as I'm aware you can still do the PEER course and get an SA licence.
South Aus has only one class of electrical licence as opposed to all the other states having two.
If want to transfer this to another state licence then you may encounter some problems, particularly so with WA and QLD.
I would contact PEER directly to see what your options are. www.peer.com.au
Also, here's a LINK to a thread where this was discussed. It's worth reading all the way through. It's a bit of an old one but it shows someone in the same position as yourself.
Regards Derren
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Hi Tim,
South Aus has only one class of electrical licence as opposed to all the other states having two.
If want to transfer this to another state licence then you may encounter some problems, particularly so with WA and QLD.
Also, here's a LINK to a thread where this was discussed. It's worth reading all the way through. It's a bit of an old one but it shows someone in the same position as yourself.
Regards Derren
Thanks Derren, I'm mentally worn out by the whole thing. I wish i was a tiler.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by timpage74
Thanks Derren, I'm mentally worn out by the whole thing. I wish i was a tiler.
Hi Tim,
Yeah I know what you mean. I still trying to gather up documents for my ARTC.
It's been a right arse ache, and it's only the first hurdle!
All the best
Regards Derren
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Hi Tim,
Yeah I know what you mean. I still trying to gather up documents for my ARTC.
It's been a right arse ache, and it's only the first hurdle!
All the best
Regards Derren
Thanks, good luck to you mate, don't let the bastards get you down
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi thanks for getting back to me , In my application I had over 150 pages of evidence which included :

certified certificates
JIB card
And the list can go on !

I am going to contact the TRA on Monday, the only reason I did not get a positive outcome is because they said there was not enough evidence as an electrical mechanic.

I am going to see weather they can issue me an electrical fitters certificate instead of an electrical mechanics as they have all my evidence with them and there is more than enough to be graded an electrical fitter. Other wise I am going to have to reapply just to change on the application trade from: electrical mechanic to electrical fitter on the application and then pay another $300.00 which is a total p*** take.

It just a total joke if you just do a four year apprenticeship in Australia you get straight away an electrical mechanics licence. I have more than an apprenticeship, my qualifications are recognized world wide but anyway

Thanks again Sam
Hi Sam,
150 pages long - wow! I'm submitting my application in the next few weeks and it's only 50 - 60 pages long. Most of the references and stat decs that I've got are on 1 sheet of A4 and are bullet pointed for easier reading.
Just some suggestions for you;
Were all your documents certified true copies of the originals?
Were the TRA able to contact your past employers to verify your references?
Also, I've attached some documents that Steve O used in his successful application to the TRA.
That's a pretty comprehensive application you've submitted there.
150 pages long and not enough evidence? - there's got to be problem somewhere.
You might want to consider appealing against the decision. Maybe someone was having a bad day.
Regards Derren
Old Apr 15th 2011, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

weegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really nice

certified certificates
JIB card
And the list can go on !

Thanks again Sam
jesus mate 150 pages mine was only 4 pages, i thing you have to contact them as this just isn't right, when i wrote my evidence i wrote it as bullet points, another thing i did was explain step by step how to rewire a house as if the person reading it didn't know anything about sparking so when i say step by step it was like explaining every tool used and why eg feather splitter to lift floorboards, masonry drill bit and hammer action drill to drill hole through wall for cable to pass through etc,utter nonsense but you get the drift, if you phone peer at adelaide ask to speak to peter jolly, he's is very very helpful and will answer your queries
Old Apr 15th 2011, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

Hi Tim,
Regards Derren
Hi Derren,

Are you sure about that bolded part?

I am asking because I've got an email from TRA. They have stated in the letter that I have not supplied enough evidence, however I have a chance for assessment over the phone. I have applied for electrical mechanic but in the email they wrote electrical fitter. I am not 100% sure about this but in WA exist only one A grade license or am I wrong?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Hi Sam,
150 pages long - wow! I'm submitting my application in the next few weeks and it's only 50 - 60 pages long. Most of the references and stat decs that I've got are on 1 sheet of A4 and are bullet pointed for easier reading.
Just some suggestions for you;
Were all your documents certified true copies of the originals?
Were the TRA able to contact your past employers to verify your references?
Also, I've attached some documents that Steve O used in his successful application to the TRA.
That's a pretty comprehensive application you've submitted there.
150 pages long and not enough evidence? - there's got to be problem somewhere.
You might want to consider appealing against the decision. Maybe someone was having a bad day.
Regards Derren
Yes tell me about it, Yes all evidence that needed to be certified was certified, I have spoken to a few Electricians today and they all applied for mechanic licence and they where given Fitters and they were all from England.
I would be interested to know any English Electricians that have got a Electrical mechanic grading and what they put in their evidence to get it. When I applied for my application I just put Mechanic as I was under the impression that if tra did not believe you had enough evidence as a mechanical grading you would get a fitters grading. so warning to anyone filling the application put Mechanic/Fitters just to cover yourself.

Thanks Sam
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deyan
Hi Derren,

Are you sure about that bolded part?

I am asking because I've got an email from TRA. They have stated in the letter that I have not supplied enough evidence, however I have a chance for assessment over the phone. I have applied for electrical mechanic but in the email they wrote electrical fitter. I am not 100% sure about this but in WA exist only one A grade license or am I wrong?
Hi Deyan,
Yeah, I can only go by what previous posters have stated, that because they were graded as Electrical Fitters, then the WA licencing authorities have declined their application for transferring their SA licences to a WA A grade licence. They have to take extra course and tests and complete some 'on the job ' training.
SA is the only state to have one class of electrical licence. All the other states have two, namely, fitters and mechanics.
Seemingly, the QLD licencing board is refusing some applicants from both SA and WA according to some posters.
Regards Derren
Old Apr 15th 2011, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

autd is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you received a phone interview or test?
Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Hi all, I have found some interesting information off the tra website regarding my outcome being not successful

Which trade/s should I select?
Select the trade/s that you feel are most relevant to your training and employment from the trades assessed list.
TRA applies a ‘best fit’ approach when assessing applications. This means that TRA will assess you in the trade listed in your application but TRA will also look at other related trades. For example if you apply for the trade of Electrical Mechanic but TRA considers your training and employment experience are more closely related to the duties of an Electrical Fitter in Australia, then TRA will also assess you in that trade. In this example, the outcome may be that your application for Electrical Mechanic is unsuccessful but an ARTC is granted to you as an Electrical Fitter.
TRA will assess your application against all trades which TRA considers may be relevant to you.

so i will be intrested to see what tra says monday , as I have not been given fitter or mechanic trade certficate thanks all sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.