my licence

Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my licence

wahay my licence came today 3 years till i gotta renew it
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default Re: my licence

Originally Posted by andywilson19
wahay my licence came today 3 years till i gotta renew it
good man! well done.

lee.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

rich1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done andy, mate can you try and help me withe same stuff. Im applying at the moment ive got all my c&G 236 PTS 1 AND 2 just want to know how much did you write about yourcollege stuff. Any help would be great. Rich
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rich1234
well done andy, mate can you try and help me withe same stuff. Im applying at the moment ive got all my c&G 236 PTS 1 AND 2 just want to know how much did you write about yourcollege stuff. Any help would be great. Rich
Are you talking about the pre migration skills assessment (Vetassess) or the actual ozzy licence??
Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Are you talking about the pre migration skills assessment (Vetassess) or the actual ozzy licence??
Mate, im asking on behalf of a friend, who is joining this forum tonight.
This has taken a LONG time, as im sure youre aware and Ive been helping as much as i can with his work history. He hasnt left for Aussie yet but has his visa. Weve been getting all the work history and references sorted out, but im not sure if his college stuff has to be explained in detail, or if the certificates are enough.Ive read that the more detail seems to be the better, but not sure if we have to go into such detail as to what and when he did at college, ie, making off a pyro end, or an swa. Should i get the syllabus of his 236 and basically write that out.?? Or is that not needed. I read in the TRA papers, that youll be assessed on not only what you did, workwise, but on what you did at college, the amount of theory you did, and the amount of practical.Im just not sure how to do this side of the paper. Any help you could give would be really appreciated. Thank you. Rich
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

This has taken a LONG time, as im sure youre aware and Ive been helping as much as i can with his work history. He hasnt left for Aussie yet but has his visa. Weve been getting all the work history and references sorted out, but im not sure if his college stuff has to be explained in detail, or if the certificates are enough.Ive read that the more detail seems to be the better, but not sure if we have to go into such detail as to what and when he did at college, ie, making off a pyro end, or an swa. Should i get the syllabus of his 236 and basically write that out.?? Or is that not needed. I read in the TRA papers, that youll be assessed on not only what you did, workwise, but on what you did at college, the amount of theory you did, and the amount of practical.Im just not sure how to do this side of the paper. Any help you could give would be really appreciated. Thank you. Rich
Ahh, sorry mate im not that far along, thought you might have been talking about Vetts. Best of luck with your licence though.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hi Rich,

The certificates are your evidence for your college times, they will have the info for each of your certs, times and types of work, whether practical or theory, each cert requires a certain syllabus to be carried out before it's awarded, hence there is no need to enclose the syllabuses. However all your working history needs to be extreme detailed as STEVE'O stated.

regards

Kevin
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rich,

From talking to a lot of expats that have come out over the past year it seems that the TRA are failing more and more people and making them do a telephone trades test, so for my money I would say put in as much info as you can.

Somewhere in the sticky that I did, there is a link to a post with some info about the ARTC trades test so take a look for that and tell your mate to cover as much about what they ask in there in the paperwork he sends as he can. Also make sure there is info about connecting to and disconnecting from the mains, and some stuff about 3 phase, motors and anything else you can think of (that's as much as my knowledge on sparkies is )
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea I just sent copies of my certs and hours i did at college the most important thing is your details of what you do at work put as much info in there so even someone who is not an electrician can understand
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi Rich,

From talking to a lot of expats that have come out over the past year it seems that the TRA are failing more and more people and making them do a telephone trades test, so for my money I would say put in as much info as you can.

Somewhere in the sticky that I did, there is a link to a post with some info about the ARTC trades test so take a look for that and tell your mate to cover as much about what they ask in there in the paperwork he sends as he can. Also make sure there is info about connecting to and disconnecting from the mains, and some stuff about 3 phase, motors and anything else you can think of (that's as much as my knowledge on sparkies is )
OK here is the post I was talking about: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

OK here is the post I was talking about: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937
Thankyou very much everyone for your help.Just trying to get all of this typed up and have got the copy of that telephone test. Your comments are invaluable. Do you think the Aussies are getting stricter cos we're winning more gold medals.? Seriously though , your comments are being worked on as we speak. Rich
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thankyou very much everyone for your help.Just trying to get all of this typed up and have got the copy of that telephone test. Your comments are invaluable. Do you think the Aussies are getting stricter cos we're winning more gold medals.? Seriously though , your comments are being worked on as we speak. Rich

It seems to be since they introduced Vetassess - so it seems they don't have enough work so are making more for themselves
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:37 am
Just Joined

It seems to be since they introduced Vetassess - so it seems they don't have enough work so are making more for themselves
Heres a basic one for you Wendy, what is Vetassess? If its too much, just an outline would be great.I know my mates applying for the TRA, is this the trade test after?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Heres a basic one for you Wendy, what is Vetassess? If its too much, just an outline would be great.I know my mates applying for the TRA, is this the trade test after?
Vetassess are the new assessing body who have replaced the TRA pre-migration assessment process for certain trades for certain jobs.

Anyone who has passed the TRA pre-migration assessment don't need to think about Vetassess, and anyone who hasn't even started yet should be looking at Vetassess and not the TRA.

Vetassess for tradies can be found here: http://vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?menu=1.3a

EDIT: I should add that the ARTC is applied for through the TRA but this is not the same thing as the pre-migration assessment
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Vetassess are the new assessing body who have replaced the TRA pre-migration assessment process for certain trades for certain jobs.

Anyone who has passed the TRA pre-migration assessment don't need to think about Vetassess, and anyone who hasn't even started yet should be looking at Vetassess and not the TRA.

Vetassess for tradies can be found here: http://vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?menu=1.3a

EDIT: I should add that the ARTC is applied for through the TRA but this is not the same thing as the pre-migration assessment
Thanks Wendy again for your help. This process really is something.!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.