Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Maximum demand... Help please!

Maximum demand... Help please!

Old Mar 11th 2014, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Maximum demand... Help please!

Hey all,

just started my TAFE coarse and i'm struggling with some of the non-domestic maximum demand stuff and was wondering if any of you clever people would be able to help.

I'll give you a couple that i'm just questioning myself on

3 phase 32A outlets
7.5kw 415v motor
and a few welders i.e 415 single phase spot welder 16kva

With the 32A outlets its 32a per outlet per phase is guess? In the given example there are 6 which are to be evenly distributed could anyone show me the workings for this?

Any help is much appreciated.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maximum demand... Help please!

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Hey all,

just started my TAFE coarse and i'm struggling with some of the non-domestic maximum demand stuff and was wondering if any of you clever people would be able to help.

I'll give you a couple that i'm just questioning myself on

3 phase 32A outlets
7.5kw 415v motor
and a few welders i.e 415 single phase spot welder 16kva

With the 32A outlets its 32a per outlet per phase is guess? In the given example there are 6 which are to be evenly distributed could anyone show me the workings for this?

Any help is much appreciated.
Have a look at Table C2 in the back of the regs book (or C1 if domestic install which I doubt)

Load group B(iii) has sockets exceeding 10A as FLC for highest, and 75% of FLC for remainder so you have 32A plus (5 x 0.75 x 32A). As they are 3 phase sockets, the load distributes evenly anyway

Motors are load group D if they do not fit another group, and FLC for 1st, 75% for second, and 50% for any others - again it's a balanced load.

Welders are load group H, and you need to look at C2.5.2
Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maximum demand... Help please!

Tried again and still can't get same numbers, but more awake and closer. Have a look and see if this helps
Attached Thumbnails Maximum demand... Help please!-max-dem.png