Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Which make of PLC's do you use ?.

Which make of PLC's do you use ?.

Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:58 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Which make of PLC's do you use ?.

We are hoping to move to OZ next year, probably Brisbane.
I currently work for a machine builder in the UK designing control systems, Programming PLC's and Commissioning new machines.
Most of my PLC experience is with Mitsubishi PLC's & CNC's, Proface HMI's and some IFIX & Citect SCADA.
I was wondering which brands of PLC & HMI are most used in OZ ?.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Which make of PLC's do you use ?.

Originally Posted by NeilCk
I currently work for a machine builder in the UK designing control systems, Programming PLC's and Commissioning new machines.
Most of my PLC experience is with Mitsubishi PLC's & CNC's, Proface HMI's and some IFIX & Citect SCADA.

I do know from looking at jobs that they use allen bradley and siemens a lot, most of the plc control based jobs i've looked at seem to ask for this type of experience they also like SCADA over here. not sure what type of HMI's they use again same with cnc's they don't always specify the types so much, but they definatly like allen bradley and siemens experience which is great for me.

best of luck and hope this helps
Trev
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NeilCk
From what i can gather they are into A/B, Siemens and Citect Scada.
Didn't know anyone was still using Mitsi's ..... (F1/F2 - zx81 of the PLC world...... A1S - commodore 64)

Simpy
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by simpy
From what i can gather they are into A/B, Siemens and Citect Scada.
Didn't know anyone was still using Mitsi's ..... (F1/F2 - zx81 of the PLC world...... A1S - commodore 64)

Simpy
zx81 now thats a blast from the past.............. still got one in working condition along with a 48k spectrum, now they were fast..............
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pickle
zx81 now thats a blast from the past.............. still got one in working condition along with a 48k spectrum, now they were fast..............
Holy Sh1t !!!!!
You wanna get them onto antiques roadshow, you'd make a packet !!!
Now you're gonna tell me your speccy is one of the rubber key jobs ROFLMFAO

Simpy
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simpy
Holy Sh1t !!!!!
You wanna get them onto antiques roadshow, you'd make a packet !!!
Now you're gonna tell me your speccy is one of the rubber key jobs ROFLMFAO

Simpy

there was only one real spectrum dude and yes it had the rubber keys,the other spectrum was just not the same.
oh hours of waiting while the games loaded from a tape player............. what fun.
oh and me zx81 had the raised keyboard too

and the extra RAM on the back that used to f**k up all the time if you even went near it.

the good old days eh.