Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Looking for large electrical contractors

Looking for large electrical contractors

Old May 18th 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice
Default Looking for large electrical contractors

Hi, Im looking for a bit of help here lads, Im heading over to melbourne from ireland next week. Basically I'll be looking for a job as soon as i arrive. I was hoping someone on here could tell me who are the big companies over there so I can send them a cv in advance. I'd like to do site work.
For the record I have been granted an ARTC as an electrical mechanic and I have full residency.
Thanks
Old May 19th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for large electrical contractors

paulg1770;

even though you have the electrical mechanics cert you wont be allowed to work alone until you do exams for the A class license every spark in Australia must have this A class license to perform work alone, you can apply for a Restricted License but all work must be inspected on a daily basis.

most companys wont employ somebody who they are not allowed to leave of work on there own without this license.

the quickest way is via distance learning at PEER in south australia you sign up on the phone they send all books & example to your home then when your ready when you get here you book into PEER for the 2 day exams, its all done in one day but some like the extra day for revision.

if you do the examples in the work book you wont fail the exams at PEER, the only ones to fail have been the ones who are lazy & do sod all in the book or the ones who think they know it all.???

if you need help just ask.

contact direct below.

Peter Jolly

PEER VEET
1042 Port Road
Albert Park SA 5014
Phone +61 8 8348 1200
Fax +61 8 8348 1201
[email protected]
www.peer.com.au

regards

Arthur
Old May 19th 2009, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for large electrical contractors

Thanks Arthur, great info. Thanks aswell for the help you gave me a few weeks ago on how to get my electrical mechanics ARTC.

I feared that may be the case alright. Its been 5 years since I looked at any theory! ill have to get the books sent to me when im over there, Its gonna be hard studing in a hostel What would you reckon on average, about 2 weeks solid revision to get comfortable enough to sit the exam?

Last edited by paulg1770; May 19th 2009 at 11:01 am.