Job before move

Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:14 pm
Unofficial Aussie

D_Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job before move

Hi,
I'm moving to Perth on 11th April initially on a WHV. I have sent off for my ARTC so will hopefully have that in time before I go so I can get the ball rolling for my license.
What I want to know is whether or not I can set up a job from the UK before i move although I wont have license or anything yet? I realise I will have to be "supervised" until the license comes through.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:32 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job before move

Originally Posted by D_Dubz
Hi,
I'm moving to Perth on 11th April initially on a WHV. I have sent off for my ARTC so will hopefully have that in time before I go so I can get the ball rolling for my license.
What I want to know is whether or not I can set up a job from the UK before i move although I wont have license or anything yet? I realise I will have to be "supervised" until the license comes through.
Well you could. But bare mind that on a WHV you are not supposed to work for one employer for more than 3 months.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:41 pm
Unofficial Aussie

My visa states I am allowed to work for one company for up to 6 months.
I just dont want to run out of time with all the other things I have to sort out when I get there and wondered how other people had gone about it, or even if its worth setting up a totally different job to tie me over and what other things if necessary I have to make sure I have other than ARTC and the two week coarse ETL at college.

Last edited by D_Dubz; Feb 1st 2011 at 7:48 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point

I just dont want to run out of time with all the other things I have to sort out when I get there and wondered how other people had gone about it, or even if its worth setting up a totally different job to tie me over and what other things if necessary I have to make sure I have other than ARTC and the two week coarse ETL at college.
It is 6 months with one employer. I have found it very difficult getting anyone to take me on due to this restriction.
There is no guarantee you will be sent on the 2 week course. I myself have been sent to do a three hour theory exam at a cost of $80 followed by a 4 hour practical exam if i pass the theory.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:57 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. Must have changed.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:27 pm
Unofficial Aussie

just doing the exams sounds better, how often do they run?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point

just doing the exams sounds better, how often do they run?
I dont know, I am booked on one tomorrow so have not asked about others. I dont think this is something you get to to choose. The courses are something energy safe send you on.

I certainly have not had an option of which to do.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Hill84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Warmapple
I dont know, I am booked on one tomorrow so have not asked about others. I dont think this is something you get to to choose. The courses are something energy safe send you on.

I certainly have not had an option of which to do.
Was the exam difficult and what did it entail?