British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Industrial Electricians Gold Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/industrial-electricians-gold-coast-571686/)

Simba Nov 7th 2008 8:15 am

Industrial Electricians Gold Coast

Hi

My employer is currently looking for electricians with experience in industrial panel building & installation at our work shop in the Gold Coast.

Must be able to read control circuit diagrams & have experience of wiring switchboards, PLC's, VFD's, motor starters ect.

Any electricians with this type of experience in or soon to be moving to the Gold Coast please pm me and I will pass on your information.

Neil

Jambo Nov 7th 2008 9:24 am

Re: Industrial Electricians Gold Coast

Cheers for that

Is there much work around the Gold coast for industrial type electricians. I'm more used to installing cable tray / ladder rack - SWA cables (from 1.5mm to 185mm) - and general industrial work etc

I've sent off quite a few applications/CV's but not had many replies - they don't seem interested unless you are actually in Aus.

Simba Nov 7th 2008 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Jambo (Post 6949132)
Cheers for that

Is there much work around the Gold coast for industrial type electricians. I'm more used to installing cable tray / ladder rack - SWA cables (from 1.5mm to 185mm) - and general industrial work etc

I've sent off quite a few applications/CV's but not had many replies - they don't seem interested unless you are actually in Aus.

Most companies want somebody they can hire straight away when they need people, if you do apply from the UK you need to put a date on your application when you plan to arrive in OZ but don't start appling too early.

moriarty711 Nov 7th 2008 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Simba (Post 6949005)
Hi

My employer is currently looking for electricians with experience in industrial panel building & installation at our work shop in the Gold Coast.

Must be able to read control circuit diagrams & have experience of wiring switchboards, PLC's, VFD's, motor starters ect.

Any electricians with this type of experience in or soon to be moving to the Gold Coast please pm me and I will pass on your information.

Neil

hello,
I do all of the above all my experiance is with siemens kit, PLC's
Micro,Mini, and Master Drives. Profibus and the like.
I'd like to be out there tomorrow but I have to wait for 1) case worker and
2) house sale.

Simba Nov 8th 2008 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by moriarty711 (Post 6950333)
hello,
I do all of the above all my experiance is with siemens kit, PLC's
Micro,Mini, and Master Drives. Profibus and the like.
I'd like to be out there tomorrow but I have to wait for 1) case worker and
2) house sale.

With those skills you should be able to find work quickly, good luck with the CO & house sale, you could always pm me nearer the time your are ready to move and i'll pass on your information.