Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

How did you present your TRA application?

How did you present your TRA application?

Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:42 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Arrow How did you present your TRA application?

^^^^^^^^^
How did you do yours?

Only i have a shed load of papers here in a big pile i want it to look professional so to speak and it says in section 5.6.

Do not send documents in plastic sleeves or folders

How much paper work did you people send ?

I,m going to end up with nearly half a box file by the end of it! too much, can you send tooo much without boaring them to death ?

Do you think i should include some drawings that i have designed for installations / projects / maintenence jobs that i have done?
Will this fall into the relevant work experience' catorgory' ? they are now all on auto cad format but printable.

What is the extent of the signing? Do you need to get every single sheet of paper signed?

And also i take it you all did two copies at least of everything ready for the courier to say that it had been lost in transit

This is it this week its going together and going so would love to hear anything else relevant (ie) what you did/didn't do or wish you had included or not included?

TIA

Dougie
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:51 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: How did you present your TRA application?

And also did anyone submit any photo's of work that they had carried out?
Or am i going OTT now.

Thanks

Dougie
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
^^^^^^^^^
How did you do yours?

Only i have a shed load of papers here in a big pile i want it to look professional so to speak and it says in section 5.6.

Do not send documents in plastic sleeves or folders

How much paper work did you people send ?

I,m going to end up with nearly half a box file by the end of it! too much, can you send tooo much without boaring them to death ?

Do you think i should include some drawings that i have designed for installations / projects / maintenence jobs that i have done?
Will this fall into the relevant work experience' catorgory' ? they are now all on auto cad format but printable.

What is the extent of the signing? Do you need to get every single sheet of paper signed?

And also i take it you all did two copies at least of everything ready for the courier to say that it had been lost in transit

This is it this week its going together and going so would love to hear anything else relevant (ie) what you did/didn't do or wish you had included or not included?

TIA

Dougie
wrapped in a pink ribbon with a bg kiss

sorry

nope just used stationary tags to hold it all together though to be honest mine was only about 30 sheets, have you been writing an electrical version of war and peace ???

the enclosed "my work experiance" was sent along with the documents it refers to

just remember to cover all the points that they are looking for

You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.

good luck

steve
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

misterfranki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there Steve
I have just looked at your attachment describing what is (was) involved in your work, and to be honest, I would have thought they would expect a lot more info. (Obviously not, as 3 pages seemed to work for you). I wonder what other people have written about the work they do. And do you reckon Vetassess would be satisfied with 3 pages? Do you know if anyone else has posted what they wrote?
Good idea with the sequential photos. I wish I had done that with some previous jobs.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misterfranki
Hey there Steve
I have just looked at your attachment describing what is (was) involved in your work, and to be honest, I would have thought they would expect a lot more info. (Obviously not, as 3 pages seemed to work for you). I wonder what other people have written about the work they do. And do you reckon Vetassess would be satisfied with 3 pages? Do you know if anyone else has posted what they wrote?
Good idea with the sequential photos. I wish I had done that with some previous jobs.
it was about 30 pages in all with bits from the niciec, City n Guilds,

some people have written reams and reams of stuff and gotten the same result

i`of the opinion that it needs to show the above points ( in blue previous post ) and be written as if your explaining it to say a 2nd year apprentice, i say second as i wouldnt dumb it down to much as its another sparkie who will be reading it,
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:25 am
Swollen Member

thanks again steve, on communeual PC at minute but will open when i get home an have a butchers,

The pink bow an a kiss........... i was actually thinking more alon the lines of christmas hamper vouchers and a couple of £50 notes

An probs being bit over the top when i say about the half box folder wont be far off the 30ish mark myself but just seems a lot more as i start to gather things together and like i have said previously really want to get this right and not have to end up down the vettesses route

all things crossed thou an if one employer gets his finger out of his jacksy i,ll have it in the post this weekend

Thanks

Dougie
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:26 pm
Swollen Member

thanks again steve, on communeual PC at minute but will open when i get home an have a butchers,

The pink bow an a kiss........... i was actually thinking more alon the lines of christmas hamper vouchers and a couple of £50 notes

An probs being bit over the top when i say about the half box folder wont be far off the 30ish mark myself but just seems a lot more as i start to gather things together and like i have said previously really want to get this right and not have to end up down the vettesses route

all things crossed thou an if one employer gets his finger out of his jacksy i,ll have it in the post this weekend

Thanks

Dougie
My Boss has just informed me that basically he is too busy to sort me a reference in the detail i have asked(fair play he is) and so would i mind doing it myself and sending it to him for signing ....................................urrrrrmmmmmmmm yep not a problem i replied leave it with me,

So i,m going for special class and have pretty much everything covered critiera wise but anything eles you think i shoud add people?

TIA

Dougie
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:29 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

My Boss has just informed me that basically he is too busy to sort me a reference in the detail i have asked(fair play he is) and so would i mind doing it myself and sending it to him for signing ....................................urrrrrmmmmmmmm yep not a problem i replied leave it with me,

So i,m going for special class and have pretty much everything covered critiera wise but anything eles you think i shoud add people?

TIA

Dougie
leave a copy for him to reference to incase he gets a phone call from Aus.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:24 pm
Swollen Member

O be jeeeezus i,m only maybe half way through this reference and i,m on page 3 already!!

Do you think its too much or should i just keep going ???

Dont want to overwelm the nice people at the TRA with masses of paperwork

Dougie
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

O be jeeeezus i,m only maybe half way through this reference and i,m on page 3 already!!

Do you think its too much or should i just keep going ???

Dont want to overwelm the nice people at the TRA with masses of paperwork

Dougie
also like to know this please, as I had 6 jobs plus informal training plus studies, so my paperwork will be around 60 pages
cheers
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:48 pm
Swollen Member

60 pages wow dont think i'll be that deep but reckon with copies of all my certs etc will probs be around 25-30 max

Not long to go now just dotting some i's and crossing the t's and its defo in the post this NEEDS to be bob on for me 1st time round an dont wanna cock it up so haste speed more less
Then get everything crossed EVERYTHING

Dougie
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point

my hubby sent loads of paperwork,work experience, ref letters,cv with added job discriptions for each employer.he has 27 years exp never skipped working for a while,nothing.HE GOT KNOCKED BACK,2 weeks sgo.so don't be complacent and think you have enough info,just remember these are penpushing nitwits you are dealing with not electricians.it needs to be spelled out in a language a 2 year old can understand.from what i can tell its a tick box and you must tick all the boxes.he got back on his apprenticeship evidence,i sent them an e-mail 2 weeks ago to ask what other evidence they needed,they acknowledged the e-mail and said they would get back within 5 days.still waiting!i have a cheque here for another 300$ but dont want to send it till i know what exactly was wrong.the other thing they said was he had been a linesman for 10 years.yes that was 10 years ago now and what about the other 17?he was a linesman for the local electricity board and only got that cos he WAS an electrician first.whats wrong with these people?
anyway it might cost a bit more to send,but send it all! i would

good luck i hope you get someone with a bit of nonce
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:19 am
Swollen Member

Thanks Becky,
thats a shame for you thou!
there was a post i read recently about not enough evidence on the training side of things so i have gone into a little more detail on that one now.

As for meeting the requirements of the special class i can do all the work on there and have the experience to prove it but i am struggling getting this across on paper as i do not want it to appear to pre fabbed to fit there criteria!!

Wish i could just get it sorted and go NOW i have had a few jobs here where they have been reluctent to give me a start and i just say 'Look if i,m shite and canny do the work to a acceptable standard just sack me and dont pay me' It seems to work here, If only it worked here hey

I am thinking of having an agent look over my application but am a little reluctant to hand over my hard earned, as ther is so many conflicting reports about them on these site

Anyone used a agent/agent approval/assessment thing for special class and been successfull???

Dougie
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point

iwouldn't bother if i was you,you have done all the hard work now gathering all your past together.if your gut feeling is you have done enough,just go for it .they can only say not enough(like us)just try again.we are,can't let them get you down when you know your stuff!is it tra your doing or vetasses?its tra for us as we live in france,its just the time thing that makes it difficult gotta sit up half the night to speak to tra in aus.don't waste your money on an agent save it for when you get there
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:57 am
Swollen Member

Yeah i,m going for the TRA route from england as an electrical special class (this being the only grade they accept from here now )
like i said me reading it through for the 43rd time i know what it all means etc but a quick glance by someone sat in an office miles away may see it in the rejected bin

i have read a few times to address it like you would a 3 year old but am a bit nervous about sounding simple and making sure i have all of there criteria in detail as i dont want it to look too fabricated

O bo$$ocks i aint got a clue what to do and how / when to send it, you get rejected once would leave a big cross against your name i would imaingne?? hope not for your sake thou,

Regards

Dougie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.