Hey everyone

Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

dan.h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey everyone

Hello everyone, this might be a bit long winded so bare with me please.
I did a years working holdiay last year in oz and this visa runs out in mid sept. I liked the place and know what i would be letting my self in for lol. I returned home early for one reason and another but i would like to return. Im an electrician by trade and 25 years old. I dont own a house or anything and im struggling to find work where i live as my experience is industrial and alot of the industry is closing down round my area. Ive read up and im aware of the things i need to do. Is there an option to go over and work there in my trade for a shorter period of time i.e 3 - 5 years. Also what sort of costs are involved taking the exams and coverting your quals etc? Sorry for ranting on.
Thanks for looking
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hey everyone

Originally Posted by dan.h
Hello everyone, this might be a bit long winded so bare with me please.
I did a years working holdiay last year in oz and this visa runs out in mid sept. I liked the place and know what i would be letting my self in for lol. I returned home early for one reason and another but i would like to return. Im an electrician by trade and 25 years old. I dont own a house or anything and im struggling to find work where i live as my experience is industrial and alot of the industry is closing down round my area. Ive read up and im aware of the things i need to do. Is there an option to go over and work there in my trade for a shorter period of time i.e 3 - 5 years. Also what sort of costs are involved taking the exams and coverting your quals etc? Sorry for ranting on.
Thanks for looking
If you are only 25 I do believe you can go on an extended work visa, maybe two years, might be longer, not sure.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:29 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been in the trade? If at least 7 years then you could apply for PR.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

dan.h is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies,
The extended holiday visa requires you to have done three months seasonal work to get your second year so thats a no go for me. I started my appretniceship when i was sixteen at training school, and finished my appretniceship just before i was 21. Im not sure how the 7 years experience fits in to that is it 7 years once you have served your time or 7 years including apprenticeship?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:31 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan.h
thanks for the replies,
The extended holiday visa requires you to have done three months seasonal work to get your second year so thats a no go for me. I started my appretniceship when i was sixteen at training school, and finished my appretniceship just before i was 21. Im not sure how the 7 years experience fits in to that is it 7 years once you have served your time or 7 years including apprenticeship?
7 years in the trade I believe. Which you have already.