help! ARTC NOT GRANTED

Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:19 am
Just Joined

DR_SURF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help! ARTC NOT GRANTED

my husband and I spent 6 months putting together an application for ARTC to have it rejected last week. My husband did three years at college, got his NVQ3 but did not do the AM2 so never got an apprentice completion certificate.

The letter we got from TRA says we had no proof he had completed an apprenticeship despite having the NVQ3 and NAPIT full scope. They then said JIB card would help prove along with completion certificate etc.

Has anyone tried with just a JIB gold card and not formal apprenticeship completion docs?
Can you sit the AM2 anywhere?
We are still waiting for our case officer to call us...the TRA are really difficult to deal with!

Any advice welcome, not sure where to go now!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: help! ARTC NOT GRANTED

Originally Posted by DR_SURF
my husband and I spent 6 months putting together an application for ARTC to have it rejected last week. My husband did three years at college, got his NVQ3 but did not do the AM2 so never got an apprentice completion certificate.

The letter we got from TRA says we had no proof he had completed an apprenticeship despite having the NVQ3 and NAPIT full scope. They then said JIB card would help prove along with completion certificate etc.

Has anyone tried with just a JIB gold card and not formal apprenticeship completion docs?
We are still waiting for our case officer to call us...the TRA are really difficult to deal with!

Hi there,
I'm pretty sure that the TRA state in the ARTC applicant guidelines that you must have served an apprenticeship of at least 4 years duration.
When I applied for mine I couldn't get a reference from my employer so alongside various bits of documentation I contacted the JIB who , for 15 pounds, wrote a letter stating that I had served and completed an apprenticeship. Also, on the reverse of my JIB gold card it state's, "completed apprenticeship".
Was the apprenticeship overseen by JIB or another organisation such as CITB, JTL?
Regards Derren
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 12:39 am
Just Joined

DR_SURF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks Derren - TRA finally called back looks like because my husband is 2 months short of the required 4 years experience they are going to make him go the recognition of prior learning route even though the JIB would consider him a qualified electrician!!

Do you know anyone who has done this or how it works?? I haven't seen any threads on it
thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DR_SURF

if the TRA says he has NOT completed the required 4 x years apprenticeship then you may find he shall have to do a couple more years as a top up course to gain the required amount of trade time