Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

HELP ARTC application electrical mechanic

HELP ARTC application electrical mechanic

Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Sam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really niceSam112 is just really nice
Default HELP ARTC application electrical mechanic

Hi everyone,

I am currently preparing my ARTC application as an electrical mechanic for SA.

Yet, I am a bit confused about the best way to do it.

I heard that especially the work references as third party evidence from previous employers would be really important. As far as I understood TRA is looking for very detailed descriptions of the work tasks as third party evidence?

I am currently still in Europe, so I would like to check with my employers to provide the right information while I am still here.

Would anyone who succeeded with his application be willing to send me an example of an employer statement/work reference?

What experiences did you in general make with your ARTC application? Is there anyone who received the ARTC straight away without having to pass a telephone interview or other test?

Thanks in advance, your help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers Sam
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP ARTC application electrical mechanic

Originally Posted by Sam112
Hi everyone,

I am currently preparing my ARTC application as an electrical mechanic for SA.

Yet, I am a bit confused about the best way to do it.

I heard that especially the work references as third party evidence from previous employers would be really important. As far as I understood TRA is looking for very detailed descriptions of the work tasks as third party evidence?

I am currently still in Europe, so I would like to check with my employers to provide the right information while I am still here.

Would anyone who succeeded with his application be willing to send me an example of an employer statement/work reference?

What experiences did you in general make with your ARTC application? Is there anyone who received the ARTC straight away without having to pass a telephone interview or other test?

Thanks in advance, your help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers Sam
Hi Sam,
I'll bump up a thread entitled "artc,what should i write?' which contains examples of work references and other info for ARTC applications.
Regards Derren