help!!

Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help!!

just received my tra back today,and guess what he said....NO,i didn't send enough evidence of apprenticeship!how do these people think you get your city and guilds?do they think there was someone giving them away in crisp bags in the 80's?i worked hard as an appentice to get theses results.i have carried on working as a spark for the last 27 years, for some penpushing nitwit now to tell me i don't tick all the boxes.which is basically all they do.now i have to pay again, and send more of god knows what,but i don't know that it will be enough,its so vague.on 1 part they even say ,well for 10 years you were employed on the overheads,so what.what about the other 17?i got that job because i WAS an electrician,and it was for the local ELECTRICITY BOARD.its like they got to that part and stopped reading,what about the last 7 years?i was sparking then.

as i said any help gratefully received
cheers chris in france
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help!!

BECCY.

add in your information every install you have done also all types of cabling meaning different sizes again there applications, all stop starts all fire equipment, all duct (Trunkings), all switchboard single & 3 phase boards all different trays, also all Pyro & Swa explain in detail what the type of cables are used for, the more you put in the better chance you have of passing,

then when your here to work unsupervised you must do a course for the A class license, when you apple for the ATRC make sure you apply for the electrical mechanics TRA, in some states the electrical fitters certification shall only allow you to work on panel wiring NOT mains gear so be careful when you make your application .

you have now Joined the nightmare club mate it seems like hoops & more hoops but in the end persevere & you shall get there.

the best place to do the license is at PEER in S/A post a message on here for Wendy she is very switched on & she will help you no ends.

best of luck if you need help just ask.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:15 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BECCY.FR
just received my tra back today,and guess what he said....NO,i didn't send enough evidence of apprenticeship!how do these people think you get your city and guilds?do they think there was someone giving them away in crisp bags in the 80's?i worked hard as an appentice to get theses results.i have carried on working as a spark for the last 27 years, for some penpushing nitwit now to tell me i don't tick all the boxes.which is basically all they do.now i have to pay again, and send more of god knows what,but i don't know that it will be enough,its so vague.on 1 part they even say ,well for 10 years you were employed on the overheads,so what.what about the other 17?i got that job because i WAS an electrician,and it was for the local ELECTRICITY BOARD.its like they got to that part and stopped reading,what about the last 7 years?i was sparking then.

as i said any help gratefully received
cheers chris in france
And there was me going to make do with the reference my apprenticship employer wrote for me!
He has done a really good job and fitted in as much of the info i asked and its a good 3 pages long but think i will pimp it up some more after reading this (throw in ab it more about college etc etc ) and wait for him to get back off his holiday to make the changes before i send off the application.

More delays i was hoping to have this off last week!

any way more haste less speed should be the right soloution

Dougie
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

People, on Expats, i have been in contact today with PEER S/A they are going to send me some type of example test paper for you to have a go at, then i shall post it on here for you all.

However from jan 2009 there system is changing completley regarding the licensing for the A class license ive been told its going to have an affect on licensing therough all states.

I have requested more info from them they say that when they get more info in the next few days they intend to email me direct with all the info for you all.

so for now dont panic, these people in S/A are OK, when i get it you shall also have it the same day.

regards
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:37 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Excellant thanks for the help Arthur,

Wonder what it will be ?

Hey Lee this going to affect you mate your doing yours early January are you not ?

Dougie