Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road
Default Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Sat the practical today, was quite suprised, wasnt difficult, the written part had afew tough questions about power factors and resistors!! Started around 8:15 a.m and i was away for 14:00! The Vetassess guys were very helpful, just gotta wait 10 days for the results! Good luck to the rest of you guys who havent taken it yet!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all
Default Re: Finally Practical Assessment Is Over!!

Thats FANTASTIC
Well Done !

Be glad when OH's done his.
Can't believe it's only ten days for results wow

Becky
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Well done Jonny,

My OH has his next Monday, he's still swotting up on his college notes, nervous then ok, not looking forward to it, I bet you're glad it's over now though!!!

Fingers crossed for a positive result for you and everyone else!

Mel
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

famousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nice

just wanted to say well done for getting thru the day

lets hope it's a positive result

lou x
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys hope ur oh's do well, im sure they will, tel them on the practical rig u only have to wire 1 skt in conduit from the switch board and 1 light with 2way switchin, n the other little tasks rnt rocket science
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Hi Jonny,

Is it true they give you diagrams to work from?
Did you do anything with DOL starters or any motor control?
Can't believe you'll get results so quick
Well done you.

Becky
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

yeah u get diagrams, its well explained, yeah the motor circuits not that hard either, u dont physically wire it from scratch, all the units i.e contactor, stop, start, overload etc.... are partly wired in there cases and all you have to do is plug leads into from each unit to complete the circuit i.e link between out goin side of the stop to the incoming side of the start etc.... its quite hard to describe on here but its really not that difficult plus the vetassess guys r really helpful
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Cheers,

That's really useful info. Thanks for letting us all know!

Mel
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi Jonny, if you can while its still fresh in your memory remember the written part of the exam,questions i mean.Its not every day ure asked about pfc and resistors!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

i cant remember the questions 2 b honest, there were questions where u had to use calculations for stuf like resistors in series, in parallel, power factor questions, ohms law, but im sure you'll have different questions 2 the 1's we had, sorry im not much help but thats was the 1st thing we did on the day n i had alot of stuff goin on in my head wonderin what was planned 4 us 4 the rest of the day, but the practical was a breeze (lets hope i dont end up eatin my words!)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

ok mate i understand, breathe easier now tho!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

you'll b fine, i dont want to come over confident cos if ive failed i'll feel really BAD! But the practical was quite easy, the DOL makes you think abit if ur not use to doin them like me but you get a diagram and you just have to plug leads in to make it work so theres no tools used what so ever, the safe isolation is straight 4ward and the resistors part you work to a diagram again like the DOL and you use plug in leads 4 that and then on the same diagram you draw on it where you would test a certain resistor with an ammeter and show where an open circuit would b and a dead short.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

just done my practical!

I didnt find it difficult at all and the marking of it was very simple

The questions in the morning were a wake up call but if you revise what has been mentioned in previous threads you should be ok

the practical tests to do are

1, safe isolation
2, measuring resitors in series and parrallel
3, wire up an DOL starter with two stop and two start buttons but you use leads

doc
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

heres hoping for the right results for you guys.Doc did you book your english test before or after you had passed your paper assessment? Like a gamble do you!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.