ex military electrician

Old May 29th 2008, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

andrewb234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ex military electrician

I am curently in the military and for the last 5 years have been serving as a royal engineer electrician. i am curently looking to move to australia to work for a year or so. i am qualified to 16th edition. could anyone please help as to what the process would be to get skilled workers visa for someone in my situation.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: ex military electrician

hi mate,
first thing to do would be to make sure you qualify, also you need to look at getting your skills assessed, this would be vettasses, www.vetassess.com.au
a lot of people speak to a professional advisor, there are a few on here george lombard and allen collet all get good reviews, basically do plenty of research on aus gov website and vettasses website, its a long haul and also expensive at times but all worth it in the end,
what regt were you in last?
john
Old May 30th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ex military electrician

Originally Posted by andrewb234
I am curently in the military and for the last 5 years have been serving as a royal engineer electrician. i am curently looking to move to australia to work for a year or so. i am qualified to 16th edition. could anyone please help as to what the process would be to get skilled workers visa for someone in my situation.
Check up about transferring to the Australian Army it may be your quickest route. I also believe you also get citizenship within 3 months of transferring.