electrician moving to perth

Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

mikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nice
Default electrician moving to perth

hope someone can help me.am a fully qualified electrician and going through stages of moving to perth. would like to know about becoming fully qualified once i am over there and is it a nightmare like i have been hearing.and also how much money can i earn until i am fully qualified.any help would be great
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:00 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electrician moving to perth

Originally Posted by mikeynewnham
hope someone can help me.am a fully qualified electrician and going through stages of moving to perth. would like to know about becoming fully qualified once i am over there and is it a nightmare like i have been hearing.and also how much money can i earn until i am fully qualified.any help would be great
hi mike the quickest way to get licenced is to go to peer.com.au and the best person to ask about peer is wendy on this site

what stage are you at??

regards steve
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

mikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nicemikeynewnham is just really nice

i have my vetasses exam in july so i prob wont be getting out there till next jan.still early stages!!just heard some nightmare stories!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

also what are the wages like over there???
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeynewnham
also what are the wages like over there???
working for a company on "permit to train" $22 to $25 hr plus super 9%of gross ( super = private pension plan ) plus tool allowance this ca be anything up to $25 a week plus travel this varies according to where yor working

with licence the above but the hourly rate will be between $25 to $35

as a subbie none of the above but an hourly rate of $40 to $60

if you become a contractor well its up to you what you charge around here you`d expect to pay about $80 hr to get one to work in your home, but you will need to be insured approx $900 yr plus contractors licence at $276 a yr

regards steve
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Cheers once again Steve,

You've answered a question that most people would probably want to know, you could do this as a full time job!! You probably wouldn't earn as much though!

Mel
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are moving to WA apply to Department of Energy for a A Grade license and they will check your qualifications and issue a letter informing you to contact TAFE all telephone numbers are provided. If you are confident in your electrical ability go sit the practical exam, 8 practical tests to do in 4 hours, 4 are mandatory plus you must attempt another 2. Pass this you will then sit the theroy test Regulations and a few technical questions. Buy the regs book & read it, You can take the regs book into the exam.

This will save airfares to SA plus accomadation costs plus Fee's.

As you are not due out till next year it gives you plenty of time to swat up.
Look back at other posts regarding the tests in WA.

The exams are tough only 2 of us out of 8 passed first time. But if you are prepared it should be a lot easier. As mentioned there is a load of info on this site regarding the content of the exams.

Best of luck Brian
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

thanks alot for the info u helped me out alot
Old May 28th 2008, 11:09 am
Just Joined

harris123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
working for a company on "permit to train" $22 to $25 hr plus super 9%of gross ( super = private pension plan ) plus tool allowance this ca be anything up to $25 a week plus travel this varies according to where yor working

with licence the above but the hourly rate will be between $25 to $35

as a subbie none of the above but an hourly rate of $40 to $60

if you become a contractor well its up to you what you charge around here you`d expect to pay about $80 hr to get one to work in your home, but you will need to be insured approx $900 yr plus contractors licence at $276 a yr

regards steve
hi steve

you seam to know what your talking about , so wander if you can help us.
we have just submitted our visa going to perth next year hopfully.
I am a hairdresser , my partner a electrian, the visa is on me as i have more experience then him.

so he has not gone through the tra or vetnassas or whoever.

he is a fully quilified electrcian with 2360 and passed 2391 practical about to do the theory , he only has 4 years experience.

so my question is what do we do now? help

does he need to appy to the tra for an ARTC , before he applys for a licence or can he apply for a licence straight away.

also does he have to have 7 years or more experience to apply .

help would be much appriciated

thanks Lisa