Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrician moving to Melbourne.....

Electrician moving to Melbourne.....

Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

shaun_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician moving to Melbourne.....

I am an electrician hoping to get my visa and move to melbourne early in the new year. Was just wondering / hoping if anyone had any hints / tips on the best ways to go about getting work.. Also is there any sort of cross over exams I should think about and is there any real prejudices towards the pommes I should look forward to encountering.??
Any help would be appreciated..
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:23 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician moving to Melbourne.....

Originally Posted by shaun_k
I am an electrician hoping to get my visa and move to melbourne early in the new year. Was just wondering / hoping if anyone had any hints / tips on the best ways to go about getting work.. Also is there any sort of cross over exams I should think about and is there any real prejudices towards the pommes I should look forward to encountering.??
have you starting applying for a visa or are you at the early stages ?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

We are at final stages - just waiting for our police checks to come through. Hoping to get there in the new year - march/april time.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:16 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Ooops I am presuming that you have done little research on the matter and the main visa app is not you on your skills ?

I hope i have misjudged your post and wish you luck in your quest hope it goes well and your in th right place should my thoughts be correct,

Dougie
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

I have researched and i am the main applicant going on the basis of me being an electrician and have spent quite some time in oz already however was really wondering what length of time and how in depth the cross over or assesments were?!!?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:44 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I have researched and i am the main applicant going on the basis of me being an electrician and have spent quite some time in oz already however was really wondering what length of time and how in depth the cross over or assesments were?!!?
i think what dougie was getting at was the fact that they currently have a stop on the processing of skilled trade visa`s

the cross over as you call it depends on yourself you ca either do the relevant course ( which differs state to state ) or you can short circuit the process by applying for an artc ( once you already have a visa ) and doing the three week corse at peer in south australia, but as i said early your prioraty is to first get a visa

regards steve
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

AHHHH thankyou both thats great help.

our visa application started as a skilled trade visa but we changed it to state sponsored so are hoping to hear soon. We have completed police checks and medicals so fingers crossed.

thanks again.

Last edited by shaun_k; Dec 2nd 2009 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Electrician moving to Melbourne.....

At last nearly 2 years after our application begun our visas have been granted

WOOOHOOO!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:34 pm
Worongary

At last nearly 2 years after our application begun our visas have been granted

WOOOHOOO!!!!!
congratulations mate