Electrical work Perth

Old Apr 4th 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Jamie Mac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical work Perth

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what the market place is like for electricians in perth at the moment and also how the pay reflects to the cost of living. Im about to start my visa app and have heard many conflicting Story's

thanks

Jamie Mac
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all
Default Re: Electrical work Perth

Hey Jamie,

I'm currently working in Perth as a spark. There seems to be alot of companies hiring at the minute. I think there was about 25 to 30 jobs for spaqrks in last weeks paper and there's always new ads on seek.com.au for sparks. Perth can be an expensive place to live but the average pay is around $32 an hour so its not that hard to get by.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

$ 32 dollars works out about 1280 dollars a week, I have been looking at cost of living and 1280 doesnt seem that it would stretch that far, most rental or mortagages are around 300-400 dollars a week leaving only about 600, maybe pently for a single guy. But not enough for a small family. I was hoping to get out mortagage free but with the downturn I am only left with £120,000 profit, it was near 250k. If I was too go out anf rent which I would do until house prices rise here it would be hard to live, I am married two small kids. I have been researching try thr 0zzy move its a family that went in 2009, looks like both off us would have to work which isnt good for my children especially in a foreign country.
We are still hoping to go in the process, but looking at all options!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by elect42
$ 32 dollars works out about 1280 dollars a week, I have been looking at cost of living and 1280 doesnt seem that it would stretch that far, most rental or mortagages are around 300-400 dollars a week leaving only about 600, maybe pently for a single guy. But not enough for a small family. I was hoping to get out mortagage free but with the downturn I am only left with £120,000 profit, it was near 250k. If I was too go out anf rent which I would do until house prices rise here it would be hard to live, I am married two small kids. I have been researching try thr 0zzy move its a family that went in 2009, looks like both off us would have to work which isnt good for my children especially in a foreign country.
We are still hoping to go in the process, but looking at all options!
$32 an hour works out to around 19.50 pounds, if you can get a sparkies job paying more than that in the UK then I'd stay in the UK, with the rain and doom and gloom
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jamie your missing the point, £19.50 is good here but 32 dollars or so isnt in OZ for a small family, work it out, my findings is that too be able to have a better life both myself and my wife will have to work or we would be just getting through. I am not in the UK I make over £40k profit a year as a electrician self employed! I would be def getting the contractors license ASAP then try and start a new company back up over there, working for companies seems ok for a single guy!
Old May 5th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

andy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to all

I would be def getting the contractors license ASAP then try and start a new company back up over there, working for companies seems ok for a single guy![/QUOTE]

There is a hell of a lot more red tape and paper work over here so be prepared for some really long days just filling in forms. My hubs been doing it for nearly a year and between the paper work and answering the phone I wonder how he gets any work done. That having been said he seems to be enjoying it more then he did working for a company.

Elaine
All the best
Old May 5th 2010, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Andy

Living in rockingham that were we are looking to live, I it handy to commute to perth city if needed for work etc.. What is house prices like?? I am NICEIC electrical contractor here in northern ireland small myself and a apprentice, is it hard to get contractors license?? Whats work like as for tendering or would it be best to sub into companies at a better rate??

Thanks
Old May 6th 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

andy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to all

Originally Posted by elect42
Andy

Living in rockingham that were we are looking to live, I it handy to commute to perth city if needed for work etc.. What is house prices like?? I am NICEIC electrical contractor here in northern ireland small myself and a apprentice, is it hard to get contractors license?? Whats work like as for tendering or would it be best to sub into companies at a better rate??

Thanks
If your willing to put the hours in you should have no problems. most of andrews work is domestic. It helps that joe blogs is not supposed to do his own electrics and if your an electrician your not aloud to work on any ones house unless , someone can correct this if i am wrong, they are a direct relative and your doing it for free and have permission form energy safety. House prices are a difficult one we have a 4x2 that when we brought it cost the same as our 2up 2down in surrey. that was before the gfc and now every thing seems a little pricey.
Hope all goes well
Elaine
Old May 17th 2010, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

bradh79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamie Mac
Hi all

Can anyone tell me what the market place is like for electricians in perth at the moment and also how the pay reflects to the cost of living. Im about to start my visa app and have heard many conflicting Story's

thanks

Jamie Mac
we are busy because of the schools we are doing but other than that work is pretty quiet
Old May 17th 2010, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

I have two mates that are flat out in perth they work for cockburn electrical. They are even working saturdays, depends probably what company your with like everything. New sol list out today happy days, soon to be in australia setting up my new business within a couple of years or so on arriving HOPE!
Old May 20th 2010, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

I've never had more disposable income in my life as I have in Perth, and i do a lot less hours than UK. My point was I think the cost of living argument in Perth is just a load of hype.