Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

electrical mech exam questions qld

electrical mech exam questions qld

Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:40 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default electrical mech exam questions qld

a 20 question assessment for electrical mechanics ( sparkies ) on the qld electrical safety site

dont know how long this will be usable but if you log in as

licence number 666666
password johndoe

at
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...ntenance/login

you can have ago at the qld electrlcal mech assessment exam ( section C )

get one wrong and its a fail so 100% needed guys ( which is a lot harder than the real exam where i think form memeory it was a 80% passmark )

its very similar to the exam questions you have to answer in qld so i figured it would be of some use as a idea of what to expect in the exam

hope its of use

steve

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 14th 2012 at 9:44 am.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

swiftinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: electrical mech exam questions qld

very informative steve, thanks
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

what about licensing?
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

licensing steve
Old Mar 16th 2012, 7:18 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
a 20 question assessment for electrical mechanics ( sparkies ) on the qld electrical safety site

dont know how long this will be usable but if you log in as

licence number 666666
password johndoe

at
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...ntenance/login

you can have ago at the qld electrlcal mech assessment exam ( section C )

get one wrong and its a fail so 100% needed guys ( which is a lot harder than the real exam where i think form memeory it was a 80% passmark )

its very similar to the exam questions you have to answer in qld so i figured it would be of some use as a idea of what to expect in the exam

hope its of use

steve

cannot believe than nobodies intrested in trying the exam
Old Mar 16th 2012, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

cannot believe than nobodies intrested in trying the exam
Hi Steve,
I tried it in the few spare moments I get to myself these days. Kids homework and a million other things I've still to do. God knows what it's going to be like when I do get a job.
Anyway, I managed to get 16 out of 20 and the questions I got wrong were all related to finding your answer in the OZ wiring regs which I don't have to hand and my only point of reference for those answers were from memory of the IEE wiring regs, so I don't think I did too bad considering.
Thanks for the post. Great insight into what I'll be up against.
I'll try it again at some point to try some different questions. Too much vino tonight and from the kids homework I've just re-learned what adjectives, adverbs and pronouns are and my brain can't take much more.
Regards Derren
Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:46 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Steve,
I tried it in the few spare moments I get to myself these days. Kids homework and a million other things I've still to do. God knows what it's going to be like when I do get a job.
Anyway, I managed to get 16 out of 20 and the questions I got wrong were all related to finding your answer in the OZ wiring regs which I don't have to hand and my only point of reference for those answers were from memory of the IEE wiring regs, so I don't think I did too bad considering.
Thanks for the post. Great insight into what I'll be up against.
I'll try it again at some point to try some different questions. Too much vino tonight and from the kids homework I've just re-learned what adjectives, adverbs and pronouns are and my brain can't take much more.
Regards Derren
thats an excellent score considering you dont have a copy of the regs to hand darren

i should have added that a current copy of the wiring regs is required for this exam

steve
Old Mar 17th 2012, 4:25 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

thats an excellent score considering you dont have a copy of the regs to hand darren

i should have added that a current copy of the wiring regs is required for this exam

steve
Hi,

Just had a quick go at it got 15 but although I've got the book it's all packed away for my trip to Adelaide so just had a guess at the ones where referencing tables is required. If that's as hard as it gets and you have the book to hand it should be a piece of p!ss...

Cheers steve'o