Electrical Licence Duration

Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough
Default Electrical Licence Duration

Looking to do the peer course in adelaide around April/may time and just wondering how long the license lasts and do i have to transfer it straight away to get a queensland license, only asking as i will only be coming over to do the exam and then flying back to the uk as still have a lot to sort out before finally moving to brisbane
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: Electrical Licence Duration

Hello All,

It lasts 3 years and you don't have to transfer, alot of companys here in Brisbane are still asking for QLD licenses, but i think that is ignorance about the changes in mutual recognition,

Regards

Kevin
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough

Cheers Kev
Much appreciated
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Just had another thought, so you,ve got to go through the same old bollocks again after 3 years to be able to work as a proper spark?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris mcgow
Just had another thought, so you,ve got to go through the same old bollocks again after 3 years to be able to work as a proper spark?

Only if you let your licence run out. Otherwise you just pay the fee to renew it.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:07 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Looking to do the peer course in adelaide around April/may time and just wondering how long the license lasts and do i have to transfer it straight away to get a queensland license, only asking as i will only be coming over to do the exam and then flying back to the uk as still have a lot to sort out before finally moving to brisbane

like kevin said theyare still asking for qld licences just point them to this page if they wont listen

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

I changed mine from SA to QLD as most companies i spoke to said there insurance will not cover an SA licence, But i still cant get a job!!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

sounds like the work in oz has dried up, is that correct?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like the work in oz has dried up, is that correct?

http://seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.a...archfrom=quick

1160 jobs across Australia come up when you type in Electrician
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
http://seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.a...archfrom=quick

1160 jobs across Australia come up when you type in Electrician
but how many are real jobs and not just agencies gathering numbers ???

work has slowed down considerably over the last six months
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o
but how many are real jobs and not just agencies gathering numbers ???

work has slowed down considerably over the last six months

It's not too bad down here from what I've been told. Was speaking with my cousins best mate and he was saying he's been pretty busy - although he's really fussy and turns most of the work down he only works 3 days a week
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Plenty of work for maintenance sparks at present, on the larger commercial/industrial installation projects(which is what i like to do) not much seems to be happening around the gold coast until april. Plenty up in Brisbane so it looks like a commute for a while, well might just have another week or 2 off! ive been off for so long now ive forgotten what its like to get up for work!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, as people have mentioned on here the A class license last for 3 years, you receive 2 letters reminding you of renewal if it runs out you shall have to resit all A class exams again you CANNOT just pay after the license has run out.

Also if your going to work self employed you have to do the electrical contractors course before you can get Insurance.????? Its all money mate.
The contractors license last for 12 months again if it lapse you do the course again, thats what happens in Victoria