Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electrical Fitters Licence Exam

Electrical Fitters Licence Exam

Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:24 am
Just Joined

yamabushi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Fitters Licence Exam

Can anyone give me some info as to what is covered in the exam.

I have been putting it off as there seems to be no info on what is covered in the exam

I have phoned the college and they cant/wont tell me whats on it.

just after a bit of guidance as to what i should be swatting up on.
I did an industrial type electrical apprenticeship so am more at home with 3 phase than house bashing.

could anyone whos sat the test please give me a bit of info?

it would be very much appreciated
Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice
Default Re: Electrical Fitters Licence Exam

It's industrial staff covered in the exam. DOL starter, star-delta starter, fault finding on motors, contactors, relays (mechanical and electrical faults), how to check faulty bearing on motor without opening, electrical theory (ohms law, kirchoff's law, power factor etc), components of fluoro lights (ballast, starter etc) and explanation
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:06 am
Just Joined

columbianmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical Fitters Licence Exam

Hi Yamabushi

I take it your already out there and on the case of getting you 'A License' Any chance if you have the time you could PM with you progress and the steps you took. would be very interested to hear back from you, and hear your views, guidence etc.

Many Thanks

Matt