British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   DO NOT USE VETASSESS FOR A LICENSE!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/do-not-use-vetassess-license-764110/)

elect42 Jul 6th 2012 9:56 am

DO NOT USE VETASSESS FOR A LICENSE!!!

After reading so much info on here I thought finally there is a chance with gaining vetassess way absolutely NOT.

I have went to energy safe a month ago supplied vet but also told them I was also waiting on ARTC which they replied its all the same to get A license, jes why didnt I wait for ARTC. I did need the restricted license to work so I went ahead. Supporting a family unlicensed or restricted here isnt easy especially with two kids.

Basically they have sent out to me I have to be supervised for up to 12 months possible could be earlier they really dont know could be 4 months but has to be completed in 12 months, go to a campus balga for a course which looks like 155 hrs with online help eeoz training standards then after that log book onsite plus after being approved with all that the two week ETL course.

WHAT A JOKE WE ARE NOT ELECTRICIANS HERE BUT APPRENTICES AGAIN.

Go the ARTC WAY as the poly tech campus told me that is the way normally to go this way is new to them too.
They are taking places at mo and being filled up so I think theres alot caught this way.

Theres courses in sept oct earliest.

Goodluck

biggaf Jul 10th 2012 5:49 am

Re: DO NOT USE VETASSESS FOR A LICENSE!!!

:(:(Is it really that bad using the OSTR? Why do they do it? Wish you all the luck elect42, I'm coming over 3rd September to what looks like a nightmare. The path to A grade is looking as wet as the english weather!

Deyan Jul 10th 2012 6:04 am

I don't see any problem, just go with ARTC and once you get ARTC certificate it's matter of a few weeks to get A grade license.

btw I went through ARTC, in the same time I was working for $20/hour as a trade assistant.

colinmaclec Jul 10th 2012 8:41 pm

I am arriving in just under 4 weeks and have went the vetassess route as well. I have applied for my provisional license from the Uk so hopefully should have this before i arrive. 12 months gap training sounds harsh. I have seen people posting recently to say that they didnt have to do it?? can i ask how much money you get for being an assistant? And are there many companies that will employ you for gap training. Sounds like it could be a bit of a nightmare tbh. Going ARTC now is a waste of time for me now as the time it will take is not worth it.

elect42 Jul 12th 2012 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by colinmaclec (Post 10165227)
I am arriving in just under 4 weeks and have went the vetassess route as well. I have applied for my provisional license from the Uk so hopefully should have this before i arrive. 12 months gap training sounds harsh. I have seen people posting recently to say that they didnt have to do it?? can i ask how much money you get for being an assistant? And are there many companies that will employ you for gap training. Sounds like it could be a bit of a nightmare tbh. Going ARTC now is a waste of time for me now as the time it will take is not worth it.

Mate most companies will not touch u as a TA in Perth they mainly want Alicensed sparks only. I have alot of mates here and they are finding it hard to get me in. It really is pot luck.
Vetessass is a pain ARTC is def the way to go for time scale. Energy safe has made vet people go this way as with the one day in uk is not really recognised here. Vet is worldwide ARTC is Australian recognised.
The gapstone training is a joke with a silly log book, how that is going to be completed I'm not sure as finding work as a TA is not easy. There isn't loads of work like its portrayed like back in the UK in Perth. Work is there but not booming, the mines are booming and skill shortage. But that's another story right and get up there very hard.
Australia is alot in who u know not what.

Goodluck

There's guys got artc and doing exam getting license within 3 months I know of a few vet I am not sure how long that will take.

elect42 Jul 12th 2012 2:21 pm

The techs are not sure how vet route is going to go either it's new system to them too.
They told me that energy safe make the rules and keep changing them. I'm going to speak with them again tomorrow try find out more info. I'll let you's know.
They are not sure what costs are involved yet either first course starts sept.

Once the A license is got there is jobs popping up most days I've applied for quite a few showing on cv I am a TA restricted no replies.
Only work I've got is through who my mates know. Cost of living here will eat into saving big time without work especially of you have family. Renting is near impossible we were very lucky and got a 4x2 quite a long story but alot off emigrants can't get a rental as its a cattle market for houses. Big demand for rentals.

Do your homework before u arrive don't expect it to be easy I didn't but didn't think it would be this hard, it's more hoop the loop jumping thought it was all near over lol

I think energy safe should have same route for all as I can't see why it should be different routes in getting license.

biggaf Jul 12th 2012 4:44 pm

Just been in touch with a guy ("in the know lol") and he's told me that as from last week you have to do 155 hours theory at college on 1 day a week, and also do a hands-on log book. This is because the unions throughout the country are saying that WA is being used as a back door into Australia, everywhere else you do the gap training(is this true?).
You can see their point, they're just trying to protect the trade and not get diluties etc coming in. It just means the first 12 months will be tough, especially when you have a family to look after like myself and alot of other guys. Its defo gonna be a long slog just to get the A grade, I just hope its worth it.

rinkerdink Jul 12th 2012 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by biggaf (Post 10169025)
Just been in touch with a guy ("in the know lol") and he's told me that as from last week you have to do 155 hours theory at college on 1 day a week, and also do a hands-on log book. This is because the unions throughout the country are saying that WA is being used as a back door into Australia, everywhere else you do the gap training(is this true?).
You can see their point, they're just trying to protect the trade and not get diluties etc coming in. It just means the first 12 months will be tough, especially when you have a family to look after like myself and alot of other guys. Its defo gonna be a long slog just to get the A grade, I just hope its worth it.

Nope you can still go to SA with you artc fitter or mechanic and do correspondence course in advance, one week course and get electrical workers licence to carry out ANY electrical work IF you pass it.

energysolutions Jul 13th 2012 2:53 pm

I am an Electrician who is still in the UK with plans to head to OZ but reading this thread has confirmed my fears, i.e. - expensive and hard process to get a license which is then restricted for 12 months until you fill in a log book (which is a joke in my eyes)

Its a real catch 22 - you can only gain an unrestricted "A" license by filling in the log book at work but no one wants to employ anyone on a restricted license (they all want/need unrestricted - understandable) so how can you ever become unrestricted?

I think its good that they regulate as it stops every butcher from having a bash (they should so something like this in the UK) but it should be a bit better thought out than this

I definitely wouldn't be happy going to Australia with a restricted license and either getting low paid work as a Trades Assistant (best case scenario) or no work at all

Jockstar Jul 14th 2012 9:43 am

Originally Posted by energysolutions (Post 10170301)
I am an Electrician who is still in the UK with plans to head to OZ but reading this thread has confirmed my fears, i.e. - expensive and hard process to get a license which is then restricted for 12 months until you fill in a log book (which is a joke in my eyes)

Its a real catch 22 - you can only gain an unrestricted "A" license by filling in the log book at work but no one wants to employ anyone on a restricted license (they all want/need unrestricted - understandable) so how can you ever become unrestricted?

I think its good that they regulate as it stops every butcher from having a bash (they should so something like this in the UK) but it should be a bit better thought out than this

I definitely wouldn't be happy going to Australia with a restricted license and either getting low paid work as a Trades Assistant (best case scenario) or no work at all

NSW you can work without a licence. You can then do the distance learning via PEER and when u have your SA licenec you can get a NSW one through the mutual recognition.

energysolutions Jul 14th 2012 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Jockstar (Post 10171548)
NSW you can work without a licence. You can then do the distance learning via PEER and when u have your SA licenec you can get a NSW one through the mutual recognition.

Thats interesting, how long does that take? Is it expensive?

This truly is a minefield! Did the Aussies all sit down one day and say "Right lads - how can we make this system more complicated, it aint nearly confusing enough?':lol:

Jockstar Jul 14th 2012 9:57 pm

Thats interesting, how long does that take? Is it expensive?
Depends. There was(when i did it) 141 pages of A4 size paper with average 4-5 questions to do per page. Mostly finding the regs but also calculations etc. Months if like me you were already working and just didn't have the time or were too tired. Once completed you call them up in Adelaide and arrange to go down for 4 or 5 days and sit the open book test. I think its about $1200. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points. Its been a few years since i did it. Once you pass. You can then go and apply for a licence for SA. Another few hundred bucks. Receive in the post about 6 weeks later( if i remember) You then can apply for your NSW one for $188.

energysolutions Jul 14th 2012 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jockstar (Post 10172543)
Depends. There was(when i did it) 141 pages of A4 size paper with average 4-5 questions to do per page. Mostly finding the regs but also calculations etc. Months if like me you were already working and just didn't have the time or were too tired. Once completed you call them up in Adelaide and arrange to go down for 4 or 5 days and sit the open book test. I think its about $1200. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points. Its been a few years since i did it. Once you pass. You can then go and apply for a licence for SA. Another few hundred bucks. Receive in the post about 6 weeks later( if i remember) You then can apply for your NSW one for $188.

Good info Jockstar - cheers!

CtvShoko Jul 18th 2012 1:49 pm

Use Vetassess you are in a messy my advice do vetassess get your visa as soon as that part is sorted forget you ever did vetassess ever in your life otherwise u in deep Sh***,i came in on vetassess 457 then made a gravely mistake put vetassess in my ARTC application.they refused to assess it at all they referred me to the CTC which is loads of crap that doesn't exist so i had to do gap training.Enrolled at Kangan Institute in Victoria excellent institute gud pple there talk to Ken Stephenson he is always willing to assit,
Done the training and did the LEA and also enrolled on eprofilling am done now but guess what Vetassess is waiting again to collect money to issue you with your Cert III which is your equivalence to ARTC then its EnergySafe after that
Chinese ladies at vetassess are not that helpful either you hardly understand each other and they dont understand the process either been laid off by my original sponsor now its stressing Vetassess never use it if you have an option

elect42 Jul 20th 2012 7:36 am

Originally Posted by biggaf (Post 10163726)
:(:(Is it really that bad using the OSTR? Why do they do it? Wish you all the luck elect42, I'm coming over 3rd September to what looks like a nightmare. The path to A grade is looking as wet as the english weather!

Mate yes using OSTR means you will be out of pocket big $1700 to do this course, two weeks in polytechnic, then your issued a log book and module book from polytechnic, once onsite training is done with you filling in your book (I DONT KNOW HOW THIS IS GOING TO BE DONE NO ONE EMPLOYEES RESTRICTED/PROVISIONAL) that’s near fact there is a FEW companies that you might get into but until those guys either get the boot leave get A license you haven’t a chance.
After log and module books are completed you head back into poly tech and do a week’s revision course before setting your gap stone exams the same as the 4th year apprentices do all has to be completed within the year hopefully a lot sooner people will say lol:thumbsup:.
Hope you guys remember all those formulae’s lol.
On completion of exams get A license.
F%&k That !!!

Anyone coming over do yourselves a favour get your ARTC or you’ll never be working without the License. Employers simply don’t really employ non licensed in WA.
I am booked into next course Oct got last place and she told me places booking up fast.
There is talk as the months are getting booked there might be two classes a month.

I am currently looking for another type of job while I wait for course to start plus I am going the ARTC way.

I have been in touch with energy safe which I went down too to express my views on this ridiculous course that only stops electricians from overseas gaining employment in sparking but also drains savings. How can they expect us to survive on no income not be enabling to do electrician work, they do think we are getting employed, I have told them I had to tell a white lie on CV that I had electrical license to get a interview as when I mentioned restricted TA or Provisional never got a interview. Once in interview I told them I was waiting for license. Interview then ended and told when I get it come back but CV was impressive: eek::eek: Why !!!!

Anyway guys you coming here you better have a lot of saving here isn’t cheap when not working a family of four costing us approx $3200 a month to live that’s not doing much but only living.
To live here you really need to be working finding work out of your profession that paids well as sparking well.....
Goodluck.

Apart from all that weather great its winter still warm, lots to do!! Kids love it that’s the main thing. Wife settling when she gets into work even better :thumbup:

CtvShoko Jul 20th 2012 1:30 pm

Was at energy safe Vic today got everything gap training done cert III issued by vetassess they still refuse to upgrade my L grade to A grade i must still have it for a year its a mess now have applied ARTC again seems noone knows what needs to be done

colinmaclec Jul 23rd 2012 5:52 am

I just called Polytechnic West and am booke on the October course as well and have been told the same as the OP. I arrive in Perth in 2 weeks and this has now put a real downer on things for me. I just hope i can find a company that will take me on whilst i get this sorted. Even if we do manage to get employment no doubt we will be exploited for cheap labour. I can understand why they want to protect the trade we should have done something similar in the UK but we already have spent a lot of money to get there and do Vetassess and been told they desperatley need electricians only to be hit with this once we are past the point of no return!

rinkerdink Jul 23rd 2012 6:29 am

Originally Posted by colinmaclec (Post 10187451)
I just called Polytechnic West and am booke on the October course as well and have been told the same as the OP. I arrive in Perth in 2 weeks and this has now put a real downer on things for me. I just hope i can find a company that will take me on whilst i get this sorted. Even if we do manage to get employment no doubt we will be exploited for cheap labour. I can understand why they want to protect the trade we should have done something similar in the UK but we already have spent a lot of money to get there and do Vetassess and been told they desperatley need electricians only to be hit with this once we are past the point of no return!

WA do seem to be very harsh, I was lucky enough to go through the mental phase you are in well before I had a visa thanks to the whistle blowing on here. All I can say is the sense of injustice fades and it does all pass. A kick in the bollocks but not insurmountable.

Good luck and console yourself that you are not alone

biggaf Jul 23rd 2012 7:00 am

Hi mate,
I need to ring up this week to book the course, after just receiving my letter. Looks like my savings will be going down a lot quicker than first thought.
What sort of visa have you got? Did you get a discount?

energysolutions Jul 23rd 2012 7:56 am

I`m really beginning to wonder if that is accurate, if it is they certainly don't make the process easy

I understand (and agree) that the trade should be regulated to ensure only qualified quality people can undertake (dangerous) electrical work and I even think the UK should do something similar but the hoops that Australia makes Electricians jump through to get a license is ridiculous

I don't mind the skills assessment (makes sense) and I can understand a theory based test but what grates my cheese is the "Log book" which prevents a full license for up to a year

As others have said its bad enough to have to effectively become an apprentice again especially after many of us have run our own businesses in the UK but the chances of getting employment whilst on a restricted license are slim and any employment gained will not pay top dollar which is a problem in a place like Australia with the expensive cost of living

When it impacts for an extended period on your earning power and your ability to provide for your family thats not good and I genuinely don't think I would move under those conditions

biggaf Jul 23rd 2012 8:30 am

Originally Posted by energysolutions (Post 10187594)
I`m really beginning to wonder if that is accurate, if it is they certainly don't make the process easy

I understand (and agree) that the trade should be regulated to ensure only qualified quality people can undertake (dangerous) electrical work and I even think the UK should do something similar but the hoops that Australia makes Electricians jump through to get a license is ridiculous

I don't mind the skills assessment (makes sense) and I can understand a theory based test but what grates my cheese is the "Log book" which prevents a full license for up to a year

As others have said its bad enough to have to effectively become an apprentice again especially after many of us have run our own businesses in the UK but the chances of getting employment whilst on a restricted license are slim and any employment gained will not pay top dollar which is a problem in a place like Australia with the expensive cost of living

When it impacts for an extended period on your earning power and your ability to provide for your family thats not good and I genuinely don't think I would move under those conditions

I know where your coming from mate, but when your living in a caravan after renting your house out, and the Cumbrian weather rattles on yer windows, I ain't turning back know. The amount of hurdles you have to get over to get to this stage, as you know, is unbelievable. Just take a deep breath and carry on. It's just another wee blip. :-)

colinmaclec Jul 23rd 2012 6:29 pm

I am on a PR visa 176 its costing $1700 with subsidised. But im sure we can claim it back on your tax return but that dont help short term! Im camping in my uk house at the mo lol as my furniture is somewhere on a boat lol so no turning back for me now either.

energysolutions Jul 23rd 2012 6:56 pm

So how much can a fully licensed spark realistically expect to earn in Oz and does being a non Aussie negatively affect your earning power? I know there are a million variables that will have a bearing (i.e. type of work, experience, location etc etc) but is it all worth the hassle?

From my research it seems that the going rate seems to be between $30 and $40/hour obviously FIFO mine work etc will command more but is this what most people will be looking at?

And what about the potential interim period of being employed as a trades assistant for up to 12 months whilst gaining a full license, what sort of cash can they command?

I`m just trying to build up an accurate picture, any help would be appreciated

rinkerdink Jul 23rd 2012 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by energysolutions (Post 10188675)
So how much can a fully licensed spark realistically expect to earn in Oz and does being a non Aussie negatively affect your earning power? I know there are a million variables that will have a bearing (i.e. type of work, experience, location etc etc) but is it all worth the hassle?

From my research it seems that the going rate seems to be between $30 and $40/hour obviously FIFO mine work etc will command more but is this what most people will be looking at?

And what about the potential interim period of being employed as a trades assistant for up to 12 months whilst gaining a full license, what sort of cash can they command?

I`m just trying to build up an accurate picture, any help would be appreciated

In Brisbane last October I was told around $27 p/h as a TA and early $30's as a licenced sparks. So not much in it. Can go as high as$40 if on a union site apparently. I wasn't exactly thrilled by this but in for a penny it is now...

energysolutions Jul 23rd 2012 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by rinkerdink (Post 10188788)
In Brisbane last October I was told around $27 p/h as a TA and early $30's as a licenced sparks. So not much in it. Can go as high as$40 if on a union site apparently. I wasn't exactly thrilled by this but in for a penny it is now...

Interesting, got to say that wouldn't thrill me either, I mean with a family to support $27/hour is OK cash for the UK but when you factor in the higher cost of living in Oz........

I wonder if geography makes a difference i.e. could sparks and TAs in Perth for example expect more? And do non Aussies get a worse deal on the cash front? I doubt it but I`d like to hear others experiences

biggaf Jul 23rd 2012 9:17 pm

Surely $30-$40 is enough? What about the lifestyle that you'll get out there, the future of your kids?
Once your on jobs then you hear about others, you start your network again keeping peoples numbers. Of course it won' t be easy but you only get out what you put in, and youve got to give yourself a timescale.

energysolutions Jul 23rd 2012 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by biggaf (Post 10188906)
Surely $30-$40 is enough? What about the lifestyle that you'll get out there, the future of your kids?
Once your on jobs then you hear about others, you start your network again keeping peoples numbers. Of course it won' t be easy but you only get out what you put in, and youve got to give yourself a timescale.

Good points, the problem I`m up against is trying to gauge income/outgoings from what information I can find

I recently saw a job advertised for $30/hour which equates to around $930/week after tax which soon got eaten up by our *projected* weekly expenditure e.g.

Rent
Food
Fuel
Electric
etc

Of course if wifey works even part time that helps a lot but in the event that there is only one wage (mine) then I`d want to be sure that ends meet

rinkerdink Jul 24th 2012 5:57 am

Originally Posted by energysolutions (Post 10188958)
Good points, the problem I`m up against is trying to gauge income/outgoings from what information I can find

I recently saw a job advertised for $30/hour which equates to around $930/week after tax which soon got eaten up by our *projected* weekly expenditure e.g.

Rent
Food
Fuel
Electric
etc

Of course if wifey works even part time that helps a lot but in the event that there is only one wage (mine) then I`d want to be sure that ends meet

On our recce last October we came to the conclusion that it will be tight at first definitely and perhaps always but we looked at what you could do for free and decided as Aussies seem to manage we should give it a go. As my dad said to me recently if it takes a day to get there it will take a day to come back.

energysolutions Jul 24th 2012 8:20 am

Originally Posted by rinkerdink (Post 10189397)
On our recce last October we came to the conclusion that it will be tight at first definitely and perhaps always but we looked at what you could do for free and decided as Aussies seem to manage we should give it a go. As my dad said to me recently if it takes a day to get there it will take a day to come back.

Wise words :thumbup:

rinkerdink Jul 24th 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by energysolutions (Post 10189573)
Wise words :thumbup:

Indeed, it took me back a few years hearing advice like that from him

biggaf Jul 24th 2012 8:51 pm

just read on another popular sparks forum that companies may be encouraged to take on restricted electricians:fingerscrossed:

energysolutions Jul 24th 2012 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by biggaf (Post 10190967)
just read on another popular sparks forum that companies may be encouraged to take on restricted electricians:fingerscrossed:

Thats good news, so long as they're prepared to pay them a decent wage, obviously it won't be top dollar but it needs to be sufficient to tide people over until all the hoops have been jumped through and the full license has been issued

lee mccardle Aug 11th 2012 1:07 am

the artc is the best way to go not sure why anyone would want to get a restricted licence. once the tra have assessed your trade papers refferences and the like they should then issue you witha artc trade certificate taht would then allow you to go to taffe ( balga in perth) to do your a grade licence.

there are two ways to get this.
1. book the exams wich consist of 6 practical exams and one theory multiple choice exam.
2. you can attend a two week course at taffe where they walk you thorugh the exams and theory.

either option resulting in you getting the a grade licence. there will be nothing covered in the exams that as electricians you wont have done before so not to worry too much.

hope this helps.
lee.

old.sparkles Aug 11th 2012 1:37 am

but you can't use TRA for visa, and if they find out you have done vetassess they wont issue ARTC - so I'm told.

elect42 Aug 13th 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by biggaf (Post 10190967)

Biggaf companies dont need to use restricted electricians theres plenty out there that has license. Alot of work involves you doing a task by your self unrestricted, hence restricted is not good for companies.

I have finally got a job which I did use Vetassess reason why I wrote this thread. I am still on the restricted electricians permit but I am not going this way and have received my ARTC which I am registering an going ARTC way this ios the onkly way to gain electrical license without being restricted for a lenghty time which in my eyes is bloody joke. I have raised my issues with energysafe and told them that us restricted guys out there are getting it really hard to gain employment. They dont know this.

Do your self a favour and everyone that reads this go and apply and get your ARTC certificate enrol with RTO and do your two week course then get license thats easy way.
My ARTC came through within a few months after I proved I am resident.

OSTR is a bloody joke which will take alot longer and put financial strain on your income waiting to gain it.
There is guys out there which are earning 25$ an hour while waiting doing silly courses the ostr way. Try and live on that with a small family impossible if your permanent you can claim centre link payments which helps abit but not whats really needed, which is a proper income.

I am on a really good rate now with a company but got in by pure luck and a little well.... Heading up north soon too. I will have my license hopefully before christmas.

Anyone that is applying for ARTC it doesnt say you have to tell them that you have a OSTR so basically dont.

rinkerdink Aug 13th 2012 1:18 pm

It does surprise me that they don't carry out a simple check to see if you have vetasses papers. For uk artc applicants you either went tra as a special class electrician or you did vetasses, is there any other way? I suppose if you are not main visa applicant but I reckon they could easily lighten their workload with a quick check to see if you are main visa applicant and if so have you already been assessed by tra or not. But hey ho hopefully it will carry on as it is

elect42 Aug 21st 2012 8:26 am

Finally got ARTC through booked onto ETL course and hoping to have license before christmas course in November.

Cancelled all Vetassess crap.

WA proposed sparkies ARTC is the only way to gain license quickly and less apprentice nonsense for fully capable sparks.
Vet way talk of being $1700
ARTC way is $295

Now I can relax.

Goodluck

colinmaclec Aug 28th 2012 8:15 am

Well i have now been in Perth for 3 weeks and i came on the vetassess route too. I am having the same problems as the OP. I have applied for around 30 jobs and nobody is interested as i don't have a full license. One company did offer me a job but then emailed me a few days later saying there was a hold up with their work schedule and that they would be in touch if and when. I tried phoning energy safe today to ask if they knew who might hire an electrician with restricted license but i was told that they cant give any advice on the job situation and that there have been loads of people phoning and asking the same thing. I am booked on the 2 week course at Polytechnic West as part of the gap training on the 8th October but they don't even have the paperwork to send out yet as i must be on the first class. I may go the ARTC route now but i need to wait for my container to arrive with all my documents which is another 4 weeks then maybe 3-4 months to get ARTC on top of that. Basically its a complete nightmare!! Think i am going to have to look at doing something else in the meantime to keep the money coming in. To be honest i feel totally pissed that i have spent 30k to relocate here and get set up to find that i cant work.

el diablo Sep 3rd 2012 6:21 pm

Wish I'd seen this thread e months ago. I'm in the process of going down the OTSR route. :huh:

Can anyone briefly tell me what's the basic difference between ARTC and OTSR? :thumbup:

There's so much info out there so it's all a bit confusing. :o

rinkerdink Sep 3rd 2012 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by el diablo (Post 10261935)
Wish I'd seen this thread e months ago. I'm in the process of going down the OTSR route. :huh:

Can anyone briefly tell me what's the basic difference between ARTC and OTSR? :thumbup:

There's so much info out there so it's all a bit confusing. :o

You have to do vetassess First so don't worry it's all ok, the artc comes after you have vetassess otsr and your visa and are actually in Australia. Artc can shorten the pathway to a licence but has no influence on the visa process.