Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Originally Posted by angel17796
Hiya Wendy, Darren sent his away but got a call a week later saying they were sending it back as 1 copy had not been certified, we had sent in a cheque with it but they sent it back and said there was no fee now. We sent it again and received a letter back the following friday saying they were looking at it and there were taking approx 20 days (working i think).

This was about 3-4 weeks ago. Luckily he has managed to get on the Taffe course a month ago, at least we dont have to wait on them sending him to it.

Stressful stuff lol

Ours has been in since the first week of August, so we are expecting something back any day now. He's not booked into the course yet, he seems to think he's on holiday I'm going to give him a kick up the jacksy next week though
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Ours has been in since the first week of August, so we are expecting something back any day now. He's not booked into the course yet, he seems to think he's on holiday I'm going to give him a kick up the jacksy next week though

Pmsl It does feel like a holiday when you dont have jobs, luckily we both got jobs the second week we were in our house.

Just thought i would mention another thing, When Darren started at the Taffe in Brisbane he was told that in order to do the course he MUST be working as a sparkie whilst doing it. We never knew that when we came over. We were lucky he got in as he had missed the intake date. He should have started in October for 6 months but he got in early and finishes it in November now. We thought the sooner he got in the better. Good luck x
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:58 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Pmsl It does feel like a holiday when you dont have jobs, luckily we both got jobs the second week we were in our house.

Just thought i would mention another thing, When Darren started at the Taffe in Brisbane he was told that in order to do the course he MUST be working as a sparkie whilst doing it. We never knew that when we came over. We were lucky he got in as he had missed the intake date. He should have started in October for 6 months but he got in early and finishes it in November now. We thought the sooner he got in the better. Good luck x
where in the gold coast did you guys end up??
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
where in the gold coast did you guys end up??

We are in Robina. we really like it. Are you over yet?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:11 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Robina. we really like it. Are you over yet?
nope
but thats really spooky
we are heading for Robina in early Oct we have an appointment with Robina high for our daughter Terri ( rockangel ) and i`m a sparky

regards Steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

nope
but thats really spooky
we are heading for Robina in early Oct we have an appointment with Robina high for our daughter Terri ( rockangel ) and i`m a sparky

regards Steve

Thats great. We have met some great people from expats since we have been over. My wee one is going to varsity lakes i think, depending if we move into another rental. I have heard that the high school is good.

There are a good few jobs around for sparkies if you dont have your licence its just finding one who will take you on and the money is not the best either.
You will probably end up going to the Taffe with Darren and a few others he has met on a wednesday night. Unfortunately you have to drive up to Brisbane for it.

I bet you cant wait.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:29 pm
Worongary

Thats great. We have met some great people from expats since we have been over. My wee one is going to varsity lakes i think, depending if we move into another rental. I have heard that the high school is good.

There are a good few jobs around for sparkies if you dont have your licence its just finding one who will take you on and the money is not the best either.
You will probably end up going to the Taffe with Darren and a few others he has met on a wednesday night. Unfortunately you have to drive up to Brisbane for it.

I bet you cant wait.
i`m at that have i made the right decision stage
sold the business ( nic contractor ) house car the lot
i`m just hoping we can do as well in aus

regards steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

i`m at that have i made the right decision stage
sold the business ( nic contractor ) house car the lot
i`m just hoping we can do as well in aus

regards steve

Its a shock at first but we are getting on fine at the moment. It was a huge relief when he got on the course as we were worrying a bit about the licence.

When i said the money was bad i meant compared to what we were earning but it is actually an okay wage here. There seems to be plenty overtime as well.

Im sure you will do fine when you get over, and we know at least 4 other sparkies who live in Robina who you can chat with so you will be fine.

Keep the faith

Last edited by angel17796; Sep 1st 2006 at 11:57 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:37 am
Worongary

ive have some good news regarding this
an email arrived this morning

Thank you for your recent enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

Your application was recieved on 18/08/06. An acknowledgement letter was posted to you on this day. You application has been assessed and you have been granted an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate as an Electrical Mechanic. Your ARTC was posted on 01/09/06.

Please note that any correspondence including your Certificate can only be posted to an Australian address. Therefore, we have used the Australian address that you supplied. The Certificate has been posted via registered mail.
Thank you
TRADES RECOGNITION AUSTRALIA
Melbourne Office

Sent: Saturday, 2 September 2006 2:28
To: ARTC Enquiries 1
Subject: RE: (***) RE: (***)
Dear Sir / Madam

I sent off my ARTC application of on 13th Aug 06
I was wondering do you normally send out an acknowledgement or receipt to say that’s it arrived safely?
As I haven’t heard anything

regards Steve xxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Your application was recieved on 18/08/06. An acknowledgement letter was posted to you on this day. You application has been assessed and you have been granted an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate as an Electrical Mechanic. Your ARTC was posted on 01/09/06.

Please note that any correspondence including your Certificate can only be posted to an Australian address. Therefore, we have used the Australian address that you supplied. The Certificate has been posted via registered mail.
Thank you
Melbourne Office

Dear Sir / Madam

I was wondering do you normally send out an acknowledgement or receipt to say that’s it arrived safely?

regards Steve xxxxxxxxxx

Get in!!!!!. That makes 2 of you, Darren has just picked his up from the post office. Was issued on the 25th August but we never got it until today. Its only took 2 weeks. Yay what do we do now lol. Just looking up the licensing forms.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Melbourne Office

Dear Sir / Madam

regards Steve xxxxxxxxxx
That's fantastic news Steve, congratulations
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:59 am
Worongary

Get in!!!!!. That makes 2 of you, Darren has just picked his up from the post office. Was issued on the 25th August but we never got it until today. Its only took 2 weeks. Yay what do we do now lol. Just looking up the licensing forms.
this is the one

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ther/index.htm

for aliens like us LOL
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:59 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by WendyC
That's fantastic news Steve, congratulations
thanks wendy
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

congratulations both - i'll be interested in what you have to do next so keep posting!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:54 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by JosieJ
congratulations both - i'll be interested in what you have to do next so keep posting!!!!
more hoops to jump through i`m afraid

apply for licence via safty office ( link in last post )
for this you need an artc ( just got ) a current aussie cpr course ( has to be done in aus i belive aussie st johns abulance will suffice ) and a health and safety course ( half day course ) send this all off and they usually insist on a 12 week 1 day a week course on aussie wiring rules ( similar to our 16th ed update course but in more detail ) whilst your doing the course they give you a temp licence which allows you to work under the suppervsion of an aussie qualified spark ( back to being a bloody apprentice untill your wiring course is finished )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.