Disillusioned

Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default Re: Disillusioned

Originally Posted by steve`o
spot on

re wages most "permit to train" bods get about 2 to 5 dollrs an hr less than the sparks rate,the problem is at the moment getting some one to take you on as there are plenty of fully licenced sparks looking for work

i am however now of the opinion that this will improve later this year based on friends in the banking industry telling me that lots of borrowing has been approved for construction, fingers crossed then
Thanks Steve O, top man.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

[minty01;

when i spoke to PEER about 8 days ago they actually said people doing Vets must now do the log book + GAP, if your on the older system & have ARTC then your fine he told me, however he did say that Vets have taken over all proccessing of migration application so every body now applying shall go through Vets, to be honest mate im still waiting for a call back from him, so i can then give the info direct from him.

if i have made a mistake im ever so sorry, but as i say im waitinf for him to call
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:24 am
Just Joined

The Mexican is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minty01
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar07
I am a bit scared of saying this in case I get my head bitten off by you big strong Electricians lol but here goes. We have just got back from Perth (OH is an Electrician and passed Vetassess). I have been in touch with Energy Safety and they have told me that OH can apply through them for the licence, OH has to fill in application form send it to them and when he arrives in Perth book himself on the 2 week course and when he passes this he will get his licence, no mention of ARTC. So what do you think about that then - I also have spoken to 2 people who have been down this route and they have not done the ARTC and they have their licences. So we are going to go this route and see what happens - if I am wrong then so be it. Thanks for everyones help on the forum it has been helpful.

MY REPLY

Funny you have posted this as i have been doing some phoning around and have been told that the vetassess was put in place for a reason and would soon be recognised in aus. If this is the recognition then good as the vetassess test is a well run test and check of our qualifications.

Sounds about time that something should be put in place to make the jump easier. A two weeks regs course on arivall would make our lives a lot easier.
My fingers are crossed for you and us. Let us know what happens.

Could this be the new way
Just a little note on this two week WA course, i'm in the middle of going through the motions of getting my licence (in NSW) myself (two nights a week at a training college since feb) and have asked about the two week training for a licence in WA, and about a two day course thats run in SA to get your licence and was told that there has been a major crack down on these places and also on the people who have gotten their licences from there. they are revoking these licences, i'm told it happens all the time.
so it seems to be worth while going through the recognition process rather than the quick option even if it is like pulling teeth.
The whole process is a bit of a mess as you can tell, theyre screaming out for sparkies but once you get here they tell you that you cant work with out a licence or unsupervised. which isnt true by the way there are a lot of job out theyre for unsupervised sparkies but mostly in workshops.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

The Mexican;

i can tell you right now mate if a company was to employ a person with no or restcricted license & ow't went wrong they would be right up shits creek .
Meaning No insurance company would touch them for any claims also if any person was injured somebody would be in court.???
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

TheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
The Mexican;

i can tell you right now mate if a company was to employ a person with no or restcricted license & ow't went wrong they would be right up shits creek .
Meaning No insurance company would touch them for any claims also if any person was injured somebody would be in court.???

Mate, the firm i work for, I'm the only one WITH a licence!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:16 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheSun
Mate, the firm i work for, I'm the only one WITH a licence!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:17 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Mexican
Just a little note on this two week WA course, i'm in the middle of going through the motions of getting my licence (in NSW) myself (two nights a week at a training college since feb) and have asked about the two week training for a licence in WA, and about a two day course thats run in SA to get your licence and was told that there has been a major crack down on these places and also on the people who have gotten their licences from there. they are revoking these licences, i'm told it happens all the time.
so it seems to be worth while going through the recognition process rather than the quick option even if it is like pulling teeth.
The whole process is a bit of a mess as you can tell, theyre screaming out for sparkies but once you get here they tell you that you cant work with out a licence or unsupervised. which isnt true by the way there are a lot of job out theyre for unsupervised sparkies but mostly in workshops.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheSun;
thats good for you, being the only one with the license but if ow't goes wrong with the others the company are in shit. but you look after yourself
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsparx;
The ARTC is to prove you have the skill sets to perform work in Australia to a given level.
Now then i have just been on the phone to PEER & Energy Safe Victoria both have confirmed that you must do the log book 12 months & GAP training he says its now across Australia.

i think you may find its been like that for a number of years in QLD you may get more info from Stev'O on that in QLD. but there you all go thats current to 3 mins ago. time 2.05pm 10/8/2009 from both people in two states S/A & Victoria

Im sorry its niot the news that people wanted but they wont be changing it at all
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

jonsparx;
The ARTC is to prove you have the skill sets to perform work in Australia to a given level.
Now then i have just been on the phone to PEER & Energy Safe Victoria both have confirmed that you must do the log book 12 months & GAP training he says its now across Australia.

i think you may find its been like that for a number of years in QLD you may get more info from Stev'O on that in QLD. but there you all go thats current to 3 mins ago. time 2.05pm 10/8/2009 from both people in two states S/A & Victoria

Im sorry its niot the news that people wanted but they wont be changing it at all
Right Arth so there is no point with the ATRC now ?. How do you use your vets ofshore cert to get the log book and further training, where do we go to book the further training and is it a 12 month log book or a log that can take upto 12 months ie can we compleate it quicker.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

minty01;
I spoke to vatassess today in Melbourne they confirmed this.

all students now doing vatassess must on entry to Australia have there skills accessed if you have the ARTC before you get here fine if not then you must also get that here 1st then apply for the restricted license, then do the wiring rules course + after that the continued log book for 12 months this must be filled in & signed continually also you must do the 160 hours GAP at a chosen Tafe (College) that do this type of training.

i would be getting the ARTC from the Uk make life a little easier for yourself, there is no short cuts for this training it must be done.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

minty01;
I spoke to vatassess today in Melbourne they confirmed this.

all students now doing vatassess must on entry to Australia have there skills accessed if you have the ARTC before you get here fine if not then you must also get that here 1st then apply for the restricted license, then do the wiring rules course + after that the continued log book for 12 months this must be filled in & signed continually also you must do the 160 hours GAP at a chosen Tafe (College) that do this type of training.

i would be getting the ARTC from the Uk make life a little easier for yourself, there is no short cuts for this training it must be done.
Hi Arthur thanks for all of your help.

The vetassess IS a skills assesment which is recognised in Australia and gives you an ofshore technical cert which entitals you to a provisional licence on arrival. Your above statement makes no sence.

The ARTC was a shortcut to get into PEER and not do the logbook, are we saying that this has now changed.
And if so i dont see any point in getting the ARTC on arrival or from the UK or after having visa stamped ?.

The vets ofshore cert will give me a restricted allow me to do the wireing regs, gap training, and a 12 month logbook so i dont see the point in doing the ARTC still being restricted doing the regs, gap training, and still having the 12 month log book.

What they are basicly saying is the vets and ARTC are now both the same and both require the regs, gap training, and 12 month log book.

Is this what you mean ?.

Technically as being from the UK we do vets not ARTC but were do ARTC just to get around the log book.
I cannot see how after doing vets they are saying we still have to do ARTC aswell as from what you are saying the route for both is now the same.

Can you see the confusion. If they are making us do the ARTC it has to be for a reason as with vets we already are intitled to a restricted licence.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Last edited by minty01; Aug 10th 2009 at 2:16 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

minty01;

I know exactly what your saying mate, i do think its a load of crap that makes no sense at all to people.
your right in saying the ARTC is a cert that's recognised in Australia, it provides yo with a restricted license when in Australia, now't else.

Again the ARTC was the best route in my opinion still is, your right again my friend its changed, all Students must now do the log book & Gap

Now then if you don't have or don't get the ARTC when your here they refuse to give you the restricted license, that i asked specific.
the only reason i suggest to people to get the ARTC from the Uk is to make it easier to get to PEER ASAP. dont forget the the Vatassess is for migration only, the stamping of the Visa is different, the dept of migration issue the Visa & you have a limited time to get this validated.

doing the wiring rules course is one aspect of it all it shows you can adapt to the difference between the UK & Australia the log book well thats just a pathetic joke also is the Gap in my opinion, if your a spark decent or crap you have the experience so that should be enough to do the full license.
I a actually said to this lady yesterday do you all realise what you people are doing to ordinary family's life i said your almost blocking people from providing a living for there family.??? i could have been pissing against the wall for all she had concerns for you all.

ARTC used to get you round the log book as Stev'O in QLD says its been like that for a number of years now up there.

the route to both is different applications, but without both you wont get the restricted license for 1 year.
I can see all the confusion don't worry there the people that are unable to see further than there pathetic nose is the Vets people.
With Vets your NOT entitled to the Restricted license you never have been, when i came here 12 years ago, i had the ARTC, i went to the Tafe (College) to do there short course they refused saying i had to do another 4 years training i told them to piss right of.

I then went to the state licensing division produced the ARTC they gave me a letter stating i was eligible for the top up course that allowed me to do the Full License, so you see how important it is my friend to have the ARTC.

I do feel for all the people now wanting to get here from the UK, its frustrating to see people upset on here & why not we can ask its you & family that's having to bear the crap from the people who have no idea at all.

what makes things worse is there is 5 countries that must do the Vat system
* United Kingdom;
* South Africa;
* India;
* Sri Lanka; and
* The Philippines
Apart from the above all other countries just frigging apply, why i asked the lady the other country's have NO system setup to test there sparks.??? so would it be normal to actually make the other cabbage country's do this.???? i was told im being unreasonable to them.

It gets worse now when you get here, you shall see the standard of workmanship on offer from Aussie sparks, lots of it is illegal & pure shite standard of workmanship, if you ask Stev'O he has some pics of the fantastic standard of work here.???? i hope you like T&E that's the most cable they use here, if you ask for Pyro copper clad they will look at you as though you have come from the funny farm, they don't know how to use it.

would you like the direct contact details of the people at Vatassess in Melbourne i can supply there phone no & email if you like then you know exactly what's required.

when i told this woman how confusing it all is she said i dont know why.??? she said people get a booklet after completing Vets explaining what they must do, i said Oh that's very nice there must be something wrong for people to seek advice on the internet continually.???? end of conversation you know the feeling when the phone goes dead.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

minty01;

I know exactly what your saying mate, i do think its a load of crap that makes no sense at all to people.
your right in saying the ARTC is a cert that's recognised in Australia, it provides yo with a restricted license when in Australia, now't else.

Again the ARTC was the best route in my opinion still is, your right again my friend its changed, all Students must now do the log book & Gap

Now then if you don't have or don't get the ARTC when your here they refuse to give you the restricted license, that i asked specific.
the only reason i suggest to people to get the ARTC from the Uk is to make it easier to get to PEER ASAP. dont forget the the Vatassess is for migration only, the stamping of the Visa is different, the dept of migration issue the Visa & you have a limited time to get this validated.

doing the wiring rules course is one aspect of it all it shows you can adapt to the difference between the UK & Australia the log book well thats just a pathetic joke also is the Gap in my opinion, if your a spark decent or crap you have the experience so that should be enough to do the full license.
I a actually said to this lady yesterday do you all realise what you people are doing to ordinary family's life i said your almost blocking people from providing a living for there family.??? i could have been pissing against the wall for all she had concerns for you all.

ARTC used to get you round the log book as Stev'O in QLD says its been like that for a number of years now up there.

the route to both is different applications, but without both you wont get the restricted license for 1 year.
I can see all the confusion don't worry there the people that are unable to see further than there pathetic nose is the Vets people.
With Vets your NOT entitled to the Restricted license you never have been, when i came here 12 years ago, i had the ARTC, i went to the Tafe (College) to do there short course they refused saying i had to do another 4 years training i told them to piss right of.

I then went to the state licensing division produced the ARTC they gave me a letter stating i was eligible for the top up course that allowed me to do the Full License, so you see how important it is my friend to have the ARTC.

I do feel for all the people now wanting to get here from the UK, its frustrating to see people upset on here & why not we can ask its you & family that's having to bear the crap from the people who have no idea at all.

what makes things worse is there is 5 countries that must do the Vat system
* United Kingdom;
* South Africa;
* India;
* Sri Lanka; and
* The Philippines
Apart from the above all other countries just frigging apply, why i asked the lady the other country's have NO system setup to test there sparks.??? so would it be normal to actually make the other cabbage country's do this.???? i was told im being unreasonable to them.

It gets worse now when you get here, you shall see the standard of workmanship on offer from Aussie sparks, lots of it is illegal & pure shite standard of workmanship, if you ask Stev'O he has some pics of the fantastic standard of work here.???? i hope you like T&E that's the most cable they use here, if you ask for Pyro copper clad they will look at you as though you have come from the funny farm, they don't know how to use it.

would you like the direct contact details of the people at Vatassess in Melbourne i can supply there phone no & email if you like then you know exactly what's required.

when i told this woman how confusing it all is she said i dont know why.??? she said people get a booklet after completing Vets explaining what they must do, i said Oh that's very nice there must be something wrong for people to seek advice on the internet continually.???? end of conversation you know the feeling when the phone goes dead.
Hi Arthur, sorry mate this is just not ringing as correct. after vets you are awarded a OSTR which tells/allows you to carry out gap training and do the 12 month log book whilst being supervised.

Like you say its only the 5 countries that do vets the rest go down the ARTC route. If what you are saying about the ARTC is now true and the shortcup to PEER and the wireing regs has been stopped then there can be no point in doing it anymore.

There are a couple of people going down this route and the energy safe route at the moment so i guess time will tell.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:02 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

It looks to me as thought the vettassess is being used for migration purposes only, much like the special class tra application... They have assessed you as a sparks capable of carrying out the work of an Australian tradesman but this is then totally disregarded once your visa is issued and you are in the same boat as say a sparkie that has gone over on a spouse visa - it's the ARTC,log book and gap training.

It doesn't seem fair but they say the 3 stages approach to life is the best way

Accept it,
Deal with it,
Move on

I after lots of anger, annoyance and irritation at what appears to be a faulty system plan to exercise the above advice and just get on with it. I am struggling to understand the point of the PEER exams if you are doing a 160 gap training course and a 12 month log book in Queensland, do you still absolutely need to do the peer exams or are they just a nice to have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.