couple of newbie questions

Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: couple of newbie questions

Originally Posted by Deyan
Nothing like that in WA. The big companies have they own site safety induction (as you said Workplace safety and health), their safety advisers are running inductions or they are paying for that to another providers. Small companies have no inductions at all, neither OH&S or rescue from live electrical equipment etc.

You should try your luck with job over here in WA, enough jobs at the moment.
I'm state sponsored by SA so got to keep trying here for now.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 4:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr.sifter
I have a visa and reside in australia im just in and out of the country at the moment due to family commitments, l intend on seeking work soon which is why i posted the questions on regional work as a TA.
A word of caution = you can't "live" here if you are on a WHV, you are a visitor on a temporary working holiday visa. If you tell Immigration that you are moving to Aus on a WHV they may refuse you entry. To use a WHV you must have the intention of leaving again at the end of the trip
Where Immigration is concerned the terminology must be correct or you could end up shooting yourself in the foot.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 8:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Deyan, we were just told that OH&s (or Workplace, health and safety) and Rescue from live electrical equipment were mandatory - and elec rescue has to be repeated every 12 months.
it is in qld

Section 5 Resuscitation competence (CPR)
Section 33 (4) of the
Electrical Safety Regulation 2002.
To be issued an electrical work licence you must have been trained in, and declared competent to carry out, resuscitation on an individual who has stopped breathing or is unconscious because of electric shock.
You can make a declaration of your competence on the application form by ticking the appropriate box and providing the issue date of your training certificate.

Please note; course competency must include physical demonstration of CPR skills and knowledge on a manikin. Solely computer based systems are not acceptable
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
Form 11 Guideline for application for an electrical work licence/permit (other than apprentice)

Training certificates must be issued within the last 12 months and be current at the time of application received by the department. You must have:a current statement or certificate of attainment issued by a registered training organisation, or another equivalent document stating that you are competent in resuscitation.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deyan
If you want to work in construction as a sparkie or TA you will have a better chance with EWP and working at heights tickets, first aid is not mandatory neither OHS (depends what do you mean by OHS, OHS could be Certificate IV in OHS which is a complete qualification).

Anyway it seems SA is the best path at the moment for all of you guys. Do the course, take the license and thanks to mutual recognition transfer you license to VIC, NSW, WA or any other.
The fact that you've mentioned WA as a state that recognizes SA license is based on your personal experience or just a guess? The general conjecture on this forum is that it doesn't.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

No, it is not my personal experience, just an info from http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/

The best thing would be to contact Energy safety and ask them questions about mutual recognition.

Last edited by Deyan; Jul 16th 2013 at 11:11 am.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Being in Australia does not meet the requirement - you have to reside in Australia and the holder of a visa allowing you to work in Australia.
Spot on Sparkles could not have said it better myself, well done

arthur
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

AVA2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr.sifter
I've been following the rules and guidelines for 2 years! my application was built by a company that handles artc applications for uk and Irish electricians so was not complete until they were 100% satisfied and as I was in oz at the time of application there was a lot of paperwork sent back and forth.

given the recent changes to sponsorship I may just take a year out and work casual jobs and travel as I'm starting to feel quite late to the party........

What company is this?? can you give me contact details.

thanks
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:34 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AVA2009
What company is this?? can you give me contact details.

thanks
If you are not living in Australia with working rights you cannot apply for ARTC
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:40 am
Just Joined

If you are not living in Australia with working rights you cannot apply for ARTC
I am due to come over on a WHV. I am wanting to get my paperwork together before I land then apply when I arrive in oz.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:18 am
Just Joined

mr.sifter is an unknown quantity at this point

Skills shortage solutions is the company, I'm still waiting on my artc so flying to Adelaide Monday for regional work in the mean time
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:22 am
Just Joined

thanks for the reply.

How much does it cost for them to help you with the paperwork???

I am looking at going to Adelaide as I have friends and family there so if successful with ARTC i will apply to PEER.

Thanks Again