Conflicting advice and info

Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Conflicting advice and info

Hi there,
Here's an example of why you need to be careful when seeking an advice and info.
www.justice.qld.gov.au
If you scroll down for eligibility criteria for an ARTC it states that you may not be able to apply on a working holiday visa.
Now go to www.deewr.gov.au and scroll down to the bit where it has the question 'Can I apply for an ARTC?' , it clearly states that those on a WHV can apply for one.
Granted, it doesn't say can't apply on the QLD ,but surely it's not beyond the wit of someone in the QLD electrical licencing department to actually check the TRA's website before posting misleading information.
Again, just be wary and don't take the first response or reply as the correct one.
Regards Derren
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Mick00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Conflicting advice and info

is this just for QLD do you know? I will be applying for the ARTC but will be staying in Perth, is it still ok to apply?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Conflicting advice and info

Originally Posted by Mick00
is this just for QLD do you know? I will be applying for the ARTC but will be staying in Perth, is it still ok to apply?
Hi Mick,
It's the TRA that issue the ARTC , not state licencing departments, so yes you'll be OK.
I was just trying to point out that the QLD licencing department's website contains inaccurate and misleading info regarding the ARTC. In light of people being refused a licence, in clear contravention of the mutual recognition rule, it seems that there are those in the QLD licencing department who seem to be interpreting the rules as they see fit.
Regards Derren