Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

college courses for vetassess ?

college courses for vetassess ?

Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

ianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really niceianandclaire is just really nice
Default Re: college courses for vetassess ?

Originally Posted by steve`o
you know what i always say to apprentices???

if in doubt draw it out

ive found it works really well when explaining two way / intermediate switching and control circuits, honestly just try it
total cost one piece of paper and a pencil

have a look here http://www.memonline.com/circuitdiagrams.html
(its one of the links in the practical exam theory thread at the top)
draw the components, isolator / contactor / overload / switch / motor etc
and then do a basic line diagram joining them together
then go back to your supply point on the drawing and follow it through to see if it would work

i find it helps and costs bugger all

regards steve
Hi Steve,
thanks for all the info,
we are hoping to move to the sunshine or gold coast in a year or so.
i've just sent off my written to vetassess, and my wife found out about today all about the motor malarki, which i've never done any of before, only domestic wiring and testing, for the last 22 years.
should be able to sort it, now i'm armed with your wise knowlege though.
thanks again
Ian
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:56 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaun_k
Hi
Can anyone tell me then if the disconnect - reconnect you have to do for the vetassess exam is different from thae one we all did as apprentices???
If so do I need to learn the one on the vetassess site.???
i dont think they are looking for a system / routine
its more a safe method of working that they are looking for

when i did the practical exam for the licence out here i just went over the top checking the meters etc against a known source pior to using them
switching and then locking off and then testing again to make sure that the power was off etc
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

It's the same for Vetassess Steve'o'. Davy.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

shaun_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much steve.o. You've been a great help only a week to go fingers crossed...