CALLING WA SPARKS

Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all
Default CALLING WA SPARKS

Have just been reading a pretty scarey post on a different site,regarding WA licensing..the guy didnt apply for his ARTC untill he arrived...8weeks gone,then 18week course two nights aweek at tafe....then the exams,which they only do twice a year with a max of 25 places...thats 50 sparks a year!! Surely this is bullshit..oh and there is no change over licensing between states to work in WA u must attain your license in WA...surely this is bollox to..(hope so..WENDY..HELP)
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:00 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CALLING WA SPARKS

Originally Posted by noggin
Have just been reading a pretty scarey post on a different site,regarding WA licensing..the guy didnt apply for his ARTC untill he arrived...8weeks gone,then 18week course two nights aweek at tafe....then the exams,which they only do twice a year with a max of 25 places...thats 50 sparks a year!! Surely this is bullshit..oh and there is no change over licensing between states to work in WA u must attain your license in WA...surely this is bollox to..(hope so..WENDY..HELP)
Do you have your ARTC?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Good question,i applied for my ARTC about 3 weeks ago from the uk to be posted to my would be address in WA..heard nothing since..due to go out in 10 days time..think it takes about 4 weeks
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:18 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Good question,i applied for my ARTC about 3 weeks ago from the uk to be posted to my would be address in WA..heard nothing since..due to go out in 10 days time..think it takes about 4 weeks
Just spoke to my OH as he is the sparks here (10 years) and he said you shouldn't have any problems once you get here as you should have your ARTC by then. You will have to contact TAFE when you get here and you will just have to do a written and a practical exam. Not sure now if you do both on the same day, but you have to pass to get your 'A' Grade licence. If you don't pass first time, you have to apply again. Let me know when you are here and I can put you in touch with a large and very good company who sometimes take on people who have applied for their licence and are waiting to sit exam.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanx very much for your help and advice but i heard so many horror storys and red tape tales that im off down south to do my license,my employer needs me on a full license ASAP and has agreed to pay for the course..ive still got to get there of course!! The idea of a restricted license was as much good as "tits on a bull"...think thats the way he put it. The example i quoted earlier was of a spark who took 9month for a license!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:18 am
'In limboland'

Thanx very much for your help and advice but i heard so many horror storys and red tape tales that im off down south to do my license,my employer needs me on a full license ASAP and has agreed to pay for the course..ive still got to get there of course!! The idea of a restricted license was as much good as "tits on a bull"...think thats the way he put it. The example i quoted earlier was of a spark who took 9month for a license!
Yeh, gotcha. Probably because he was working a day job so had to do nights at TAFE. No need to worry about work, there's plenty about. OH can't fit it in and he works 7 days most weeks. Where down south are you headed?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Im actually coming over on a 457 sponsored visa to work for a firm in Perth WA, however when we have discussed the licensing situation in WA and the timescales,plus the restricted license is useless(his words not mine) he has agreed to fund me to do my license in SA. and then change it to a WAlicense soon as ...bearing in mind the SAlicense is only 5days!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:30 am
'In limboland'

Im actually coming over on a 457 sponsored visa to work for a firm in Perth WA, however when we have discussed the licensing situation in WA and the timescales,plus the restricted license is useless(his words not mine) he has agreed to fund me to do my license in SA. and then change it to a WAlicense soon as ...bearing in mind the SAlicense is only 5days!
I believe that's because SA is desperate for skilled migrants. What company you gonna work for? PM if you'd rather not post.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I believe that's because SA is desperate for skilled migrants. What company you gonna work for? PM if you'd rather not post.

No, it's cos it's done during the day for 8 hours tow day a week rather than at night for 3 hours one day a week.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed and asked, and they said no problem..fill in the form and pay the fee is all you have to do. Will find the form for you
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here you go

http://www.energysafety.wa.gov.au/en...orm%20R064.pdf
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Wendy, Thanx again..your a star
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

ramanamurthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy

Dear All

I had got my ARTC application form to day.Can i Give my friends address who resides in perth.I came to know by the application that there will be an interview or written test before sanctioning ARTC.But as i want to apply here from India,will they give the conciderable time to attend the interview or written test.I got the doubt is when they call to the local address given by me,If i am not able to be there at that time what happens.

Ramana
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

This a wind up?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ramanamurthy
Dear All

I had got my ARTC application form to day.Can i Give my friends address who resides in perth.I came to know by the application that there will be an interview or written test before sanctioning ARTC.But as i want to apply here from India,will they give the conciderable time to attend the interview or written test.I got the doubt is when they call to the local address given by me,If i am not able to be there at that time what happens.

Ramana

They may decide that you need an interview, but then again they may not.

It would be advisable for you to send the form only a few weeks ahead of you arriving, just in case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.